IGNORED

Norwich

norwich fan

Afternoon guys, norwich fan here. looking forward to the game on Saturday! unfortunately I won't be travelling up due to work commitments but have enjoyed my previous visits to goodison a few years ago. Just wanted to get your views on the game on saturday and how you guys view our start to the season and chances of survival?

All the best for the weekend! Sam

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted to see James Vaughan out again, poor kid never gets a break....how was he looking?

Ruddy looks to have turned into a decent keeper....wish we'd kept him personally.

Saturday? God knows....if we're true to current form Ruddy can have a picnic on the penalty spot for ninety minutes and we'd still not score....but that can't go on for ever can ithuh.png ?

Vaughan only played a few substitute appearances until he done his knee again which is unfortunate as he looked to have the power and pace we where lacking and could have been a match winner fingers crossed he comes back and can stay fit.

Ruddys doing well played well just over the park from you guys but still a couple of mistakes Villa and Chelsea stick in my memory.

We can't keep a clean sheet n seem to be scoring a few at the minute so I'm going 3-0 to you guys lol

Edited by norwich fan

We can't keep a clean sheet n seem to be scoring a few at the minute so I'm going 3-0 to you guys lol

You have more confidence in our strikers than we dosad.png .

The one time I went to Carrow Road I travelled up with a mate of mine who was in the Norwich London area supporters club, got far too hammered before the game, barely remember a thing.....except I was sitting near the Norwich bench and I saw a young lad stand up from it in the second half; thought he was a mascot but he went on as sublaugh.png . No idea who it was. Finished 1-1 (Beardsley for us).

Couldn't find my mate (who was sitting somewhere else) or the railway station after the game....missed my train, fell asleep somewhere (no recollection of where) and got home the following day. Memorableunsure.png .

Quick look at the stats says it was August '92.

I'll take your word on that one then and hope he has a stinker I've just always liked him his heading ability is second to none. Another of your young talents I'm looking forward to seeing when you come to CR in April is Rodwell he's gotta go to euro2012 surely

Hopefully Rodwell will be fit, he's missed the past few games, but we need his energy in midfield badly.

FAO SAM

Sam it looks like you will be our sole correspondent for a question and answer session. I tried logging onto forums but had no look in finding a suitable Norwich one. So if you are willing could you answer the following:

1. The appointment of Paul Lambert as manager looks to have paid real dividends so far. What did you think of his appointment and did 'That Colchester' result have any influence on the decision.

p.s Colchester beat Norwich 7-1 at Carrow Road with Lambert in charge.

2. With the likes of Morison and Holt up front it appears Norwich prefer the long ball, or old style centre forward play. Is this the case or are you able to adapt styles accordingly?

3. The Norwich defence does not appear to have the established, battle hardened, long time pros. Do you think this will have any affect for the rest of the season or will this be addressed in the transfer window?

4. What is the normal set up for an away game? We have seen the brave attempts at Stamford Bridge, Anfield and Old Trafford this season. Is this type of performance saved for the 'big boys' and we will see a more reseved appraoch on Saturday?

5. Who has been your stand out player so far this season and who will carry the good start through to the end of the season?

6. Which Everton player do you think would make an impact in a yellow shirt and is there anyone you fear on Saturday?

7. Your predicitions for the game, heart and head?

For the return game over Easter we shall once again be staying at the Hilton which overlooks the ground. As we behaved so well during last years pre-season friendly the management have given us the same price for our stay over.biggrin.png

Sam feel free to pass these questions onto any other Canaries in your vicinity.

Good Luck for the rest of the season, after Saturday of course.happy.png

Edited by The Beard

No great fan of City, but they have done well under Lambert recently, I genuinely had you down for automatic relegation this year as did 99 per cent of rival supporters as I remember during the summer, but they've stuck at it, had some fine results and may well have done enough already to stay another year in the EPL, quite a difference from the third division fare of a season or two ago, 1-7 at home to Colchester and all on opening day

We've had some significant battles down the years, 1989 FA cup semi-final, although what happened up at Sheffield that day made our victory pale into insignificance

1995 5-0 FA cup 5th round, the Efan Ekoku game in September 1993, losing 5-1 at Goodison, after Rideout had scored and put as ahead, wild day that was

There was a 4-3 game about 20 years ago at Carrow Road that I also remember,(we lost)

Winning the title in 1987 when Van Den Hauwe scored the only goal at Carrot Road to make us champions

yes, there's been some interesting battles

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Everton v Norwich City

Norwich fans will turn up in their droves, making a lot of noise, and adding to the atmosphere at Goodison Park. It's a great place to play because the crowd are at you all the time.

The Canaries have generally given a good account of themselves on their travels and don't even look like they're going to struggle in the Premier League this season. They are more than capable of holding their own.

Cult-figure Grant Holt has done well and is a handful when the wide men pump crosses into the box, and Steve Morison isn't a bad player either.

But they come up against an Everton team that will fight them - I mean that in the best possible way - and the Toffees will be looking to bounce back after a disappointing performance in the defeat by Stoke.

Prediction: Everton 2-0 Norwich City

Here are all of Mark Lawrenson's 160 Premier League Predictions for season 2011-12, together how the League Table would look like if his forecasts were all correct...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2011-12.html

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Everton v Norwich City

Prediction: Everton 2-0 Norwich City

Here are all of Mark Lawrenson's 160 Premier League Predictions for season 2011-12, together how the League Table would look like if his forecasts were all correct...

http://www.myfootbal...ns_2011-12.html

Very nice of you to add these little snippets to our forum, but is'nt it just another opportunity to post your link, and will we see it popping up in more threads across the forum. ???

By all means continue posting and enjoy the forum, but does every post have to display your link, the link is displayed 24hours a day , every day on the daily trivia thread.

Edited by Bill

weve missed Ossie in my opinion...

He'd been anonymous in the games (apart from the odd moments when you'd realise he was actually on the pitch) he played in before he was injured. I was glad to be shut of him for a few games, maybe the time out will have freshened him up and he'll be the creative player he's out there to be.

Just browsing your forum to see what you thought ahead of the game and saw this so I thought I'd register and answer the questions.

FAO SAM

Sam it looks like you will be our sole correspondent for a question and answer session. I tried logging onto forums but had no look in finding a suitable Norwich one. So if you are willing could you answer the following:

1. The appointment of Paul Lambert as manager looks to have paid real dividends so far. What did you think of his appointment and did 'That Colchester' result have any influence on the decision.

To be honest at the time I was a little underwhelmed even if his team had just beaten us 7-1, but it didn't take long for him to turn things around at Norwich and get everyone including myself on his side.

2. With the likes of Morison and Holt up front it appears Norwich prefer the long ball, or old style centre forward play. Is this the case or are you able to adapt styles accordingly?

I think think that Norwich's mantra is to play passing football but when Morison and Holt play there is definitely a tendency to hit the ball long, that in turn can alienate in my opinion, our best player, Wes Hoolahan. Also, when him and David Fox play our passing is much better.

3. The Norwich defence does not appear to have the established, battle hardened, long time pros. Do you think this will have any affect for the rest of the season or will this be addressed in the transfer window?

Lambert's said that he's not looking at any defenders but I think it's definitely an area that could do with improving, reflected by the way we've failed to keep a clean sheet all season. We have 6 central defenders and none of them have really cemented their place in the team apart from maybe Russell Martin, who incidentally is naturally a right back.

4. What is the normal set up for an away game? We have seen the brave attempts at Stamford Bridge, Anfield and Old Trafford this season. Is this type of performance saved for the 'big boys' and we will see a more reseved appraoch on Saturday?

Norwich will try and win every game no matter who they're playing, the only away game we've played a little defensive in was probably against Man City. I definitely think we'll go for the win against Everton and it should make for a good game.

5. Who has been your stand out player so far this season and who will carry the good start through to the end of the season?

That's a tough question, Morison and Holt have 12 goals between them, Anthony Pilkington's got a few and Bradley Johnson has surprised many with his good displays, but in terms of consistency I think our left back Marc Tierney has probably stood out the most.

6. Which Everton player do you think would make an impact in a yellow shirt and is there anyone you fear on Saturday?

A lot of them would make an impact! I'd say Baines, Drenthe and Rodwell in particular and those are the players I fear.

My heart says 2-1 Norwich, my head says 2-1 Everton.

For the return game over Easter we shall once again be staying at the Hilton which overlooks the ground. As we behaved so well during last years pre-season friendly the management have given us the same price for our stay over.biggrin.png

Good luck to you also.

Edited by canary

He'd been anonymous in the games (apart from the odd moments when you'd realise he was actually on the pitch) he played in before he was injured. I was glad to be shut of him for a few games, maybe the time out will have freshened him up and he'll be the creative player he's out there to be.

Got to say i agree with you there, very quiet few games before he got injured ... I'm looking forward to the other two coming back, i feel rodwell if he does get a game this weekend, needs to show everyone at GP that the solid display in his recent intls wasnt just for show... I question his awareness sometimes and int he EPL that is key... Drenthe ont he other hand is amachine and we need his direct attacking play more than ever at the moment... Drop Cahill too please Moyes

FAO SAM

To begin with I was slightly concerned as we'd had a few managers who had underpreformed and I could see him doing the same but he has one me over and the guy is now a legend.

I think you will be suprised on saturday at the way norwich play. with player such as johnson, fox, hoolahan and crofts we like to play alot of good passing football. yes we scored some good headed goals against newcastle last weekend but i think lambert chose that team to go against newcastle short defensive line.

I would like to see us sign one or two more defenders a steady head so to speak and a back up for ruddy. At this moment in time i cant see us keeping a clean sheet this season!

having seen every game one way or another i think at wigan we where to nervous and should have won the game, rightly won at bolton, controlled villa and took the lead but seemed to implode with some defensive errors which have cost us all season. i think we will respect a team of evertons stature but hopefully give you a good run.

For me it has been Bradley Johnson, tenasious, combative, hardworking great team player.

The main threats i belive to be: Baines, Fellaini, Cahill and Rodwell. Drenthe will rip us apart we have struggled with pace this season against the likes of wollcott, oberton, bellamy etc.

Heart:1-1 Head:3-1 everton

good luck guys!

As for the post on morison he is looking very good so far 6 goals and adapting very well i think wales have some great up and coming players shame speedo wont be there to carry on the great job!