IGNORED

Norwich

norwich fan

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good enough, McAleny was more useful in three mins than Saha for more of the game.

Credit to Paul Lambert, one nil up, under the cosh and he still leaves two players in our half.

Grant Holt could have seen red, but lead the line as good as i've seen anyone this season.

Drenthe proved why he should start for me. We have lots of the ball and do nothing with it, he comes on and we score.

Missed opportunity... Should have been 3 points but only got one.

The guys that came in did themselves proud today because our best players were the ones that finished the game. Neville & Cahill wouldnt see a starting team sheet for a long time if I was in charge. Cahill did nothing in attack and Neville didnt do anywhere near enough defensively or to get the play going, which is something he is stopping Fellaini doing (who is the best at the club to do it).

Gueye started very brightly but faded at the end. He showed he certainly has ability and that he should have more games ahead of the likes of Bily.

Straq was probably the best player on the pitch for the last 20minutes. He won headers, he worked hard, he got the ball down, made runs, its just a shame he didnt put away that half chance. He even looks like a back to goal type player which is perfect for the way we want to set up.

Drenthe showed us what we have been missing. He took the game to Norwich and almost single handedly turned it around. Considering we dont have any money to spend, there arent many better players we could get for the wage money.

McAleney even showed us some ability, allthough he probably should have done a little better with his first chance if I am being critical. He has pace, movement and worked himself half a yard of space on a couple of occasions. With Straq knocking balls down for him to chase, we good have a decent partnership.

Credit to the Norwich defenders though, a very committed performance from them and come the end of the season its performances like that which will give them the edge over other relegation candidates.

The old adage - "you need to take your chances when they come" sums it up.

Slow starters is one thing, but Everton need to put their foot on the gas NOW. That 'looking over your shoulder' feeling can creep up quite rapidly and only adds to tension to performances.

Far from panic time, but Everton need to get a healthy margin between them and the bottom half by January, and opportunities like Norwich at home shouldn't be wasted :-(

Well if Moyes doesn't play two up front from the start on Wednesday he needs to be shot! Preferably straq + another, and he's gotta start with drenthe, we r dropping far to many points now.

Moyes and all the backroom staff need to have a serious sit down and make some decisions, there are 2 or 3 players in that squad who should only pull on a blue shirt again if it's on an emergency basis. and looking today, we have to come up with a plan B also, whilst we made changes eventually it was pretty much the same sort of game plan...VERY pissed off with that today, i honestly don't know how much longer BK+Moyes expect the fans to put up with this shit, and as the worlds no.1 superfan BK should know this.

Only got the result a few minutes ago, had to take some clothes to the recycling bins amongst other things

Initial reaction is one of frustration, OK, they've got a goodish manager and have done well this season, but we should be beating this level of opposition on home grounds, another less than satisfactory result, they'll probably be well pleased with the draw

How many Goddamn times have we seen it now where we play this caliber of opposition at Goodison Park and seem incapable of getting a victory or more than one point from the day, it's all very well having high possession and chances but if you can't convert them or have some end productivity then what's the point. Another lame result I think, haven;t seen all the statisitcs but am gathering information as I go, and bottom line is it was another frustrating episode at Goodison where chances went begging and more ground lost on a UEFA cup place if it were at all possible

I really did think ahead of time we could have a win today and some valuable points to add to the season but it turns out it's more of the same disappointing fare and points dropped at home against opposition we really should be overcoming

I'm just surprised my language is so decent because I really feel disheartened by all this

We started the game extremely well and I thought we might have finally got our act together and would give Norwich a hiding, but our defence let us down once the whole game and they scored because of it and that knocked the stuffing out of us. From that point on we served up complete and utter dross until Drenthe came on and he pretty much single-handedly dragged us kicking and screaming to a point, and very nearly to the three points that we deserved.

Norwich barely threatened us all game but they took the opportunity that came their way while we fluffed our lines time after time. So I suppose from that you could say they deserved their point as much as we would have deserved all three.

I wanted Drenthe on at half time because we had absolutely no direction when we went forward, and that was hardly surprising when we had two defensive midfielders playing who's obvious first instinct is not to drive forward. We had no engine basically. The difference that Drenthe made to us was astonishing tbh, it was like a completely different team once he came on. There seemed to be more movement from everyone and we moved the ball about quicker as well. Why the hell can't we do that all game instead of the zimmer frame movement and speed of play we showed before that? I hadn't been all that impressed with Drenthe before today but I was very impressed with him today and he either has to start on Wednesday or at least give him plenty more time to do something, he needed to have been on 10 minutes earlier today. That 10 minutes more could have been the difference between us getting three points and only getting one point.

I hope Moyes picks a more positive side on Wednesday. No Neville please. We need an engine next to Fellaini.

Howard - Didn't have much to do did he?

Hibbert - Wasn't really tested defensively and was a good outlet going forward.

Jags & Heitinga - I'm putting them together because they were a proper partnership today, and looked very solid and dealt with Holt very well for the most part. However, I thought the pair of them were at fault for Norwich's goal. Jags' attempted clearance (I can't remember if it was with his head or his foot) went straight up into the air and put us under pressure, and then Heitinga was too easily turned by Holt in the box.

Baines - His set-pieces left a lot to be desired but he was looking back to his threatening best going forward in open play, he was up and down that touchline to put cross after cross into the box like a Duracell bunny.

Osman - It looked like the time spent out due to injury did do him good. I noticed he was playing a lot more today and his link-up play was mostly top notch. He ran himself into the ground, he really didn't have anything left in the tank by the end of the game.

Fellaini - I don't think he was as good as we know he can be but he was so much better than the shite he showed last weekend. Today he won a lot of headers and his passing, most of the time, was good.

Neville - I just don't see what the point of him playing was.

Gueye - I was disappointed with Maggie tbh. I never felt he got into the game.

Cahill - Sorry to say but he's finished and should never have stayed on the pitch as long as he did. He offered nothing. He barely won a header, the ball bounced off him when played to feet, he didn't look threatening from set-pieces. Nothing.

Saha - I wasn't as annoyed with Saha's performance as I was last week tbh. He still didn't do enough but I didn't want to murder him today at least. He did a lot of good work with the ball at his feet in the second half but he just doesn't get in the box often enough, and that header he missed towards the end of the game was guilt-edged for someone with as much ability as he has.

Drenthe - He was the MOTM. Before he came on we were heading for another defeat but he sparked us into life and very nearly turned the game completely on it's head. Every time we got the ball once he came on I was begging for them to just give it to him, he was an absolute livewire.

Denis - He deserves a special mention because he really put himself about when he came on and won pretty much everything in the air. He seems to have really slimmed down and it's made a difference.

OK, I'll say it (or rather ask it) - most of you won't like it, but here goes...

ARE you really as good as you think you are, or is the table starting to tell the truth?

I accept bad decisions, bad luck, injuries, bad tactics etc etc, but there comes a point when you have to look deeper.

I am NOT saying you're poor, nor am I going to say you're great... I'm just asking the question as an outsider.

OK, I'll say it (or rather ask it) - most of you won't like it, but here goes...

ARE you really as good as you think you are, or is the table starting to tell the truth?

I accept bad decisions, bad luck, injuries, bad tactics etc etc, but there comes a point when you have to look deeper.

I am NOT saying you're poor, nor am I going to say you're great... I'm just asking the question as an outsider.

We're as good as the table suggests.

Had we not lost a few players, we would probably be a few places higher.

We are better than a 1-1 draw against a promoted side.

We have an international world cup goalie, a world cup CB finalist, two england reserve defenders, Irish, Belgium and Australian internationals, a French international foward, a former real Madrid winger.

I think on paper we have a good team, we should be challenging for a Europa cup place at least. Granted I never expect us to get in the top 4, but, no offense to Norwich and QPR, we should not be struggling at home to these teams.

said it before in that I do feel a certain level of frustration in that how often is it now that we have seen the same level of opposition come to Liverpool and get away with a share of the spoils, I even read just now on a rival site that Moyes seemed pleased today with the draw

I'm guessing by that we got a result of kinds late on and that not on paper a point at home against some rustic inbreds who are hardly of AC Milan capabilities was to him a satisfactory outcome shaking fist.png

You have to wonder what will be coming up next on the rails, I don't think I'll even bother to watch highlights this night

OK, I'll say it (or rather ask it)- you won't like it, but here goes.....

Where would Man City be without the Arabs money?