IGNORED

Nathaniel Clyne

• 1 year later...

I thought Hibbo had been playing alright to be fair J i know hes not everyones cup of tea but at least he attempts to get forward these days, infact hes a far better player now he has competition for his place.

I won't question his proffessionalism or his work rate, but going forward we do need someone to come in, take over from him (age considering). Someone was has pace (who can keep up with the best wingers in the league), someone who can cross (take the supply burden off Baines from fullback positions), someone who can keep their head and composure (not go gun ho' all the time)...but someone young enough to last a long time. SOme one who can learn to play in the team and allow their attributes to compliment those around him.

Full backs usually stick around for a long time and Hibbo is coming to the end of his days, so we need to look for a replacement and Clyne really looks the part. I'm not suprised United are looking at him to be honest, he looks the business but a team like us would need to nab him before his profile raises any higher or he moves to a team willing to quadruple his wages!

Edited by tenaciousj

I thought Hibbo had been playing alright to be fair J i know hes not everyones cup of tea but at least he attempts to get forward these days, infact hes a far better player now he has competition for his place.

I think Hibbert has been class for a long time. Really surprised he hasn't been called up.

erm Kyle Walker, Glenn Johnson, Micah Richards , I love Hibbo but cant really go along with that

Johnson was injured for a long time, and still walked straight back in to the side. That says a lot for the other lads, and for the selectors.

I think Richards has improved, but Hibbert is the better defender out of the group. Nowadays though, being a defender isn't enough it seems. Teams would rather play an attacker who defends like a school boy facing Daleks.

Johnson was injured for a long time, and still walked straight back in to the side. That says a lot for the other lads, and for the selectors.

I think Richards has improved, but Hibbert is the better defender out of the group. Nowadays though, being a defender isn't enough it seems. Teams would rather play an attacker who defends like a school boy facing Daleks.

Its just Fabio Cappello.

If we sign Clyne I think it's an indication that Moyes doesn't see Coleman as having a regular first-team starting spot at Everton. Clyne would surely be brought in to actually play at RB, and I would hope that Moyes doesn't see Coleman as a long-term right winger because he's just not good enough.

Coleman is too much of a headless chicken at times imo, Moyes seems reluctant to play him at right back, and like you say, he's certainly not good enough long term as a winger, so to sign Clyne would suggest Coleman will be used from the bench in the future, or that horrible story about him going to the shite ends up being true and thats what this is all about Edited by theprisoner

We can't judge Coleman too hard. He has stepped up and given the job a go. At 23, he has years ahead of him to learn a defensive trade, so I'm happy to let him float around the squad. I don't disagree about the headless chicken bit, but it's too early to write him off completely as a player. Let's see how he does when we are playing better.

We can't judge Coleman too hard. He has stepped up and given the job a go. At 23, he has years ahead of him to learn a defensive trade, so I'm happy to let him float around the squad. I don't disagree about the headless chicken bit, but it's too early to write him off completely as a player. Let's see how he does when we are playing better.

i agree, he's young enough to still have time to improve. finalise his prefered position and how improve his final ball and positioning, he's lucky from that point of view Edited by theprisoner

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...