IGNORED

Swansea

Hafnia

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know any questions you would like asking, will join a board tonight and get some responses.

In meantime another excellent insightful executioners bong to read

http://theexecutione...n-for-swansea/?

Bong's are for smoking lol not reading, if your passing id like one, its too cold to go outside for a smoke at the moment wink.png

Edit: i correct myself it is bong and not blog, dozy mare doh

Edited by theprisoner

These are the questions I am going with:

1. Great start to the season for your team, 12th position by playing some super stuff, who has to take the credit for that? Is it the type of players you have or the ethics of the manager?

2. Where are your strengths and weakness? Who and what of threat concerns you most from Everton

3. Where do you think you will finish this season and where do you think Everton will finish?

4. What are your thoughts on David Moyes?

5. Pick two players you would have from Everton

6. A lot is in the news regarding Evertons financial constraints, sale of the club, fans being split on Bill Kenwright - what are your views?

7. What score do you think the game will be

8. Who will win the league and who will go down?

Edited by Hafnia

unsure.png Isn't no one going to mention Robert Latchford, I remember when they first arrived in the old first division after his transfer from Everton he had a great first season and had a couple of good years thereafter in South Wales before he was on the move again, John Toshack was manager I think and they like finished 6th in their first season in the top flight, a quite remarkable achievement in retrospect

John Toshack was manager I think and they like finished 6th in their first season in the top flight, a quite remarkable achievement in retrospect

They brought in a lot of players coming toward the end of their careers on high wages though as I recall....one decent season where they were top of the league at times then they sunk like a stone, on the field and financially.

Hi there, looking forward to entertaining you at Goodision Park tomorrow, I am from a forum called 'Toffeetalk' and was hoping some of you could respond to some questions that I will post on our forum.

Good luck for the season, you've been a revelation, good to see.

Cheers Pal!

1. Great start to the season for your team, 12th position by playing some super stuff, who has to take the credit for that? Is it the type of players you have or the ethics of the manager?

I think all concerned take credit for it, The manager, the players old and new and the fans for allowing our team to play the way we do. Brendan has managed to gel the playing style with a solid defence where our previous managers struggled.

2. Where are your strengths and weakness? Who and what of threat concerns you most from Everton

Strengths defo come from the solid defence and our ability to keep the ball and play from the back. Weaknesses can be in the air from set pieces and if we conceed early we tend to buckle / find it difficult to get a result.

Would say Cahill / Fellaini / Jagielka in the air could us problems.

3. Where do you think you will finish this season and where do you think Everton will finish?

Think we will finish just outside the relegation places with Everton in comfortable mid table.

Think everyone you speak to would say he has done a top job with limited resources. Needs to sort out the bad starts, which seem to be consistently bad.

Rodwell

Baines

6. A lot is in the news regarding Evertons financial constraints, sale of the club, fans being split on Bill Kenwright - what are your views?

Sorry don't have any

1-1 (Cahill) (Graham)

Citeh to win

Bolton, Blackburn, Wolves to perish!

Both

Crossing in to Strikers...No threat....PMA...Positive Mental Attitude we going to Win

Swans finish 12 everton 13

Not a patch on Brendan

None, quite happy with our own team

None

Swans 2 - 0 our first win away this season....PMA

Man City....Wigan, Wolves,West Brom

Hi there, looking forward to entertaining you at Goodision Park tomorrow, I am from a forum called 'Toffeetalk' and was hoping some of you could respond to some questions that I will post on our forum.

A bit of both,the players fit the ethos of the manager. We had players who could play the football Brendan wanted, he blended the attacking style of Martinez and the defensive fortitude of the Sousa team into a perfect balance

our strength is pace on the break, sadly we sometimes go sideways where a ball forward would creat more problems. Our weakness IMO is defending against physical players. For example Samba vs Blackburn.

Swans 16th Everton 9th

Good manager, works wonders wi what he has

Cahill and Coleman

Kenwright is doing it the right way, you can't spend what you don't have.

1-1

Man City Champs

Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves to go down.

Both for sure brendan works absolute wonders with the boys and they perform for him.

Strengths: passing and our fans backlift for sure

Weakness: our lack of shooting

Your threats: drenthe, bilyadinetinov (deserve a medal if i spelt that right ) and the day were absolutely useless on night-games usually.

Swans: 15th Everton:12th.

Personally love the guy as a manager classic british manager LOVE IT!

Saha for sure! and then tie-up between jagielka and drenthe

leave that up to you guys to decide

Everton 1-2 Swansea

Champions: United

Relagated: QPR, Bolton, Blackburn

getting a bit sick of these questionnaires but i'll humor you

Everyone has to take the credit, Martinez started our philosophy, Jenkins made sure it continued with our other managers and our fans are fantastic for having patience with it

We seem to be awful at corners recently, not through bad positioning or defending but just not following up on the second balls. We have a very good midfield, with the wingers attacking the full backs and our center midfielders making sure we keep possession and supplying our more attacking players

I think we'll finish 15th with a signing or two in January, you lot just below us, though if you could get relegated thatd be great as i put a 20 quid bet on you guys to go down at the start of the season!

I rate him very highly and can see him managing a top 4 club in the near future

Baines and Jagielka

I dont really have any views on it as to be honest, i only care about my club

I really cant decide, i would take a draw though

Man City to win the league, best team ive seen this season by a country mile, Blackburn, Wigan and QPR to go down for me

Edited by Hafnia

The manager takes the credit, for me. He's made some clever signings, we have a water tight defence (at home), we play the best football in the league. Equally the manager has to take the blame for our poor away form, I can't put my finger on why we are so poor on the road but to be fair it's not my job to find out. I suspect it's because we sit too deep and don't support the forwards.

Our back 5 is our main strength along with our ability to keep the ball. Our main weakness is our inability to break teams down and create chances.

I think the main threat from Everton will be Saha as he can be lethal on his day. Drenthe looks a decent player but i'm not sure how much game time he's getting. Cahill hasn't scored in about a year so I hope he starts upfront.

I think both teams will finish between 8th and 14th

Looks like Gollum.

Jagielka and Baines

I think Kenwright is a bit of a joke, the transcript of that meeting he had with (i think) supporter club members was painfully funny. He clearly hasn't got a clue how to run a football club and with you lot selling off your training ground recently (your last non-player asset, if i'm correct?) I think you're in real trouble. Fair play to the fans for protesting against him, he's been lying about selling the club for too long. Hope you can get rid of him and get a new stadium because Goodison is a bit of a wreck. A strong Everton is good for the league.

Both teams struggling to score, it'll be a 0-0 i think.

Blue mancs will win it

Blackburn

Bolton

Wigan to go down.

going again tonight with about 50 layers to stay warm, hopefully wont need them because i'll be jumping up and down every 10 mins to celebrate a goal!

I just want a win. Dont care how, or by how many, i just want a win. Oh, and to be able to hear the home supporters out-singing the away fans - all I could hear Saturday was the Norwich fans.

If we keep it tight at the back we will get a result here I think. Swansea haven't been too clever away from home this season so this is the perfect game for us to go and grab a result before Christmas, the Norwich game wasn't that bad in my opinion and I think had it not been for Heitinga's little mistake and Holt's luck we could have won that game quite comfortably. Like I said if we just keep the Swans strikers from running in our half we will do alright.

I'm predicting a win; 2-0. Leighton Baines to get our first seeing as he is without doubt the most creative man on the pitch and Tim Cahill for the second seeing as he has been shite for the past year or so and needs to get his finger out - I'll let him have the second goal! I think if we win this game then we can really get our season going and start to win matches that we know we can win (i.e - Stoke and Norwich) without making silly mistakes and coming away without all three points.

COYB!

Really hope we play them at their own game, pass with tempo, press, and give them something to think about. Get Royston on the ball as much as possible. Drop Neville, bring in Barkley, drop cahill and bring in straq. Come on blue boys!!!

I agree apart from Cahill . I fancy him to do the job tonight. I would like to see a 4-4-2 and drop Neville. Won't happen though .