IGNORED

Alessio Cerci

I didn't really understand the last article, it was unclear whether Cagliari are in for him or Genoa (maybe even both) along with Palermo. He looks like a decent lad and a loan deal with an option to buy would be better as it would give Moyes a chance to see how he fits in well with the team. I'd hate to see Drenthe miss out on being in our setup but we will just have to wait and see if this lad is something better.

I'm not getting excited though, if he plays in Italy now he might want to stay there given the interest from other Serie A clubs - let's just wait and see.

I didn't have high hopes for signing him. If he is Italian born and a host of Italian clubs are in for him then there is a strong possibility that he is going to stay at his home country. It's going to get him more exposure to the national team too if that's something that he's going to be aiming for (not sure what his age is like).

I'm not too upset over this, I don't know much about him and I'm sure there are better players in the Premier League that we could buy to replace Bilyaletdinov.

Zola, Vialli, Carbone, Di Canio, Di Matteo....not to mention Pistone, Marerazzi & Ferraritongue.png .

More failures than successes though probably.

Dossena, Doni and Aquilani

Santon at Newcastle hasn't done much, and the fact the card waving pasta muncher at City has only brought one native over says a lot about Italian talent atm.

Edited by pete0

Cudicini could have been a fanstatic player because he had the quality I just think that had a tough time at Chelsea with the arrival of Petr Cech and then never really pushed himself when he moved over to Spurs. Italians do seem to flop over here but you do seem to get some gems such as Paulo Di Canio and Gianfranco Zola. I'd pay anything to have those two side by side in my team on their day.

http://www.liverpool...00252-30231791/

The Echo seem to think this still might happen

So does McNulty

Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "In what might be a flurry of activity at Everton, Fiorentina's Alessio Cerci remains on the radar today. Loan deal still a possibility..."

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

• 2 years later...