IGNORED

Fulham on Friday

LBNo11

Fulham were poor, very poor! We were ok and had enough to beat them.

Couple of good things to take from the game, both goalscorers needed a goal, Fellaini had a good game, Duffy got another game under his belt.....and we are in the 5th round.

One or two decent spells, but to be honest, other than the win and the above points, we still don't look great!

It did look slightly better than of late, but Fulham helped make us look good.

But 5th round and a good draw, then who knows.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully it was'nt him that got hauled off by the stewards then, apparently some woman confronted Kenwright and he just listened to her then said nothing walking off, maybe it was Mark in disguise

Maybe he didn't need a disguise.....maybe he is a womanohmy.png .

Excuse me?! Talking about me when I can't defend myself!

In terms of skill and flair etc it wasn't a great performance. It was a workmanlike showing from the lads last night, but that's exactly what we've been crying out for this season. We needed them to start fighting for everything again, running themselves into the ground for the cause... And that's what we got, in bucketloads. I actually think that was our best performance of the season. Sure we've had better halves of football but that was pretty much a full game performance. And we were in control of that game almost right from start to finish. We shut Fulham down excellently and never let them get into the game. We were certainly unlucky to go behind but the boys didn't let their heads drop and kept going and eventually it paid dividends and we got a much deserved victory.

I can't tell you what a difference it made to our overall play to have someone upfront that ran for everything (Denis, obviously). Not only did it put the Fulham defenders on their guard but it rubbed off on the rest of the team I felt. It just makes Saha's efforts even more of a disgrace because Saha has the ability that Denis could only dream of but Denis really looks like he wants to play and win for us. Him crying after scoring his first for us says it all. He fully deserved his standing ovation.

Howard - His communication seemed lacking sometimes but he didn't really have much to do.

Neville - May as well cut one of his arms off and shove it up his arse and use him as a pogo stick for all the use he was. Yes he got into some good crossing positions but those floaty crsses are an absolute waste of time. And he put us under pressure with some reckless tackles.

Duffy and Heitinga - I'm putting them together because they really are a partnership. I think they compliment each other perfectly; you've got the height and raw strength of Duffy and the cleverness and calmness of Heitinga. Duffy won the aerial duels and Heitinga did the groundwork by always being in the right position.

Baines - Defensively poor again. He made the left-sided CB have to leave the centre to deal with the player Baines had left far too many times. His set-pieces weren't crash hot either. I'm very disappointed with Baines lately.

Donovan - Other than his two assists I didn't think he had a good game at all; his first touch and passing was often sloppy. However, those two crosses he put in were worth their weight in gold because they were absolutely inch perfect with the right amount of pace on.

Gibson - I hardly noticed him tbh, he just didn't get involved enough for me.

Fellaini - He was back to his all dominating self last night. He won every header, stopped Fulham attacks before they'd even really begun, put himself in the right position constantly, showed great composure, got a goal with a peach of a header. It was a great all round showing from Felli, the type of performance that warrants his new contract. My MOTM.

Gueye - Didn't really cause Fulham too many problems. They did well to limit him to only being able to have his back to goal for the most.

Denis - Let's be honest; he's not blessed with much footballing ability is he? His first touch is shockingly bad for example. But he was excellent last night. He ran himself into the ground, chased the Fulham defenders and goalkeeper around like a greyhound, battled for the aerial balls, held the ball up as best as he could, and scored a brilliant header. He was exactly what we needed upfront.

I missed out Cahill!

Cahill - That goal last week seemed to have given him a bit of spark back. I thought that was the best I've seen him play for a long while. He actually tried to win and won a lot of headers, rather than just trying to win free-kicks like he'd been doing. He also chased everything with Denis.