IGNORED

Fulham on Friday

LBNo11

...hi guys and gals, Fulham fan here wondering what your thoughts are for the game on Friday, is this a good time to be playing you? We have an awful away record at Goodison Park - except in the FA Cup where we tend to do well, and despite out hit and miss football we are enduring under Jol I get the impression that we can come away with a positive result.

By the way is our old boy Saha injured, he always ruddy well scores against us...

PS: @ 'licker' aka Bill, hope your pins are better, have had problems myself in that region, old age mate, hope to see you at the Cottage one day - I'll take you on a tour of the Michael Jackson statuewink.png

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really worried about this game. Clint Dempsey along will destroy us on Friday night.

On paper I think that we could well beat you and progress into the next round but on recent performances I just don't see how we are going to get a result. At the back we look shakey (even when Duffy plays) and with players such as Dempsey and Zamora going at us I just can't see how your not going to score past us. Up front our options are non-existent, Louis Saha might well score against you a lot but I'll show my arse in the middle of Liverpool if he manages to slam one past Stockdale, if we play Vellios up front then I feel sorry for you because he might bag one or two but sadly Moyes won't play him because of his age. Our midfield isn't too clever either, Phil Neville has been poor of late and players like Tim Cahill just arn't up to their known reputation, we are a team that are living off past memories rather than playing the players that are going to get a job done for us.

All in all you should come to Goodison looking to get a result. It's a really good time to be playing us and I'll predit that you come away with a 3-1 win. I must have said it a hundred times but if I could have anyone playing for us at the moment it would be your Clint, he's a machine. Fancy swapping him with our Phil Neville?

...blimey Zoo, I was only thinking 0 - 1 to us, 1 - 3 is unlikely with our away record. Personally I feel for you guys, 'old bug eyes' has done an amazing job keeping Everton alive with limited resources, can you imagine what he could do with some big funding!

Re swapping 'He scores with his left - he scores with his ri - iight, that boy Clint Dempsey, makes Drogba look shite' for son of Neville Neville, sorry chum, in your dreams, you can have Andy Johnson back for Cahill mind..!

Hiya LB, i see your still knocking around mate, good result for you last week and you should get a result this week, we are playing Dogshit and it doesnt look like improving any day soon.

Dont get about much now LB, still suffering a bit with the pins.

Nice to hear from you give the lads my regards.

bill.

Edited by Bill-2

...Hey, good to hear from you again Bill, what's been the problem if you don't mind me asking, both my legs have been hit with venal problems and I have to have an op soon too clear the kinks (I blame our enforced stay in that crap Loftus Road with the seats designed for 5 year old kids) but am getting about OK, shall we tell the kids about '75? Oh! maybe not..rofl.gif

Your away record dosen't come into it mate we are playing some of the worst football in the league. We are struggling to put just one goal past a team nevermind two or three so basically if you dink the ball past Timmy Howard the games yours. It's sad to have to be this way because I love Everton to death, it's just I really can't see how we are going to get the better of you (because I've always had a great deal of respect for Fulham).

David Moyes has done a great job and there is no denying that, with the right funding I believe we could have been in the Champions League now. We qualified for it a few years back but never got into the group stages but I believe with the right funds we could have built on that and started to become a real European threat, I guess the board have screwed us on that one - not to mention that we should have won the Europa League rather than Zenit about three years ago.

And AJ is looking good, I'd have him back anyday, not because I think he is who we need but because anyone is better than King Louis!

...OK Bill, I know what these ruddy power crazed moderators are like!

@ Zoo, AJ still runs around like a blue arsed fly, but only scores against crap or lower league teams, hence his hat-trick against the pooper scoops, at premiership level he doesn't cut it anymore. He runs the channels well and draws defences, but he has lost a good yard off his pace. I have met the lad a couple of times, and he is a really nice fella, but if he left I would shed no tears, Moyesey is no mug and knew when it was the right time to sell him and we took the bait. £40K a week and looking for a new contract for a further 3 or 4 years - er, no thanks. Pay per game I would keep the little fella...

I have a bit of a soft spot for Fulham. My old house mate was a Fulham supporter and ended up watching quite a few of their games when Hodgson was around.

Back to the present, I have been really impressed with how Fulham can pop the ball around and score some quality goals. Martin Jol looks as if he is starting to get his ideas across and on there day they can beat anyone.

Re AJ, he looked good against Newcastle the other day, and while I certainly agree his best days are behind him, sometimes it is him putting in a shift and making a nuisance of himself that makes the difference (which I believe it did in that game). The trio of AJ, Zamora & Demsey were running riot they each offer something different, and Im not sure how well we would cope if you came and had a go.

Dont fancy our chances of anything from this game, but hopefully we can rob you of some more points this season!

...listen Bailey (like the Dixie Dean status, my Dad used to tell me about DD, saying what a great header of the ball he was) I thought we had a deal, we win at our place and lose at yours, very unsporting of you to win at ours last time so you owe us one. We looked amazing in the second half against the barcodes, but the first half was one of the poorest displays I have seen in many a year. Certainly if Zamora feels like playing and AJ makes a nuisance of himself they create gaps for Dempsey to exploit, and if you put too many defenders on Clint then it leaves the space for BZ or AJ to exploit, the biggest threat of the two being Bob.

We are too hit and miss, and too many 'game of two halves' performances, as mention on our site, real Jekyll & Hyde stuff at times, so which Fulham team turns up is anyone's guess.

Now remind me, who are your weakest defenders..cool.png

Edited by LBNo11

...listen Bailey (like the Dixie Dean status, my Dad used to tell me about DD, saying what a great header of the ball he was) I thought we had a deal, we win at our place and lose at yours, very unsporting of you to win at ours last time so you owe us one. We looked amazing in the second half against the barcodes, but the first half was one of the poorest displays I have seen in many a year. Certainly if Zamora feels like playing and AJ makes a nuisance of himself they create gaps for Dempsey to exploit, and if you put too many defenders on Clint then it leaves the space for BZ or AJ to exploit, the biggest threat of the two being Bob.

We are too hit and miss, and too many 'game of two halves' performances, as mention on our site, real Jekyll & Hyde stuff at times, so which Fulham team turns up is anyone's guess.

Jagielka and Moyes, ones injured so wont be playing, and the others stubborn so wont be playing any football

Edited by pete0

All things considered (Given our league form and how hard it was to get past the mighty Tamworth in the last round) I can see a bit of good news here. Fulham will not score 6 against us.

I know we will go out of the competition this round. 1 - 4. ( Straq will come on with ten minutes to go in a desperate attempt to get a goal and head in from close range.)

The clubs FB page is posting that Moyes is going to decide between Hibbert and Duffy to partner Heitinga at CB tomorrow

"David Moyes confirms Jagielka (knee), Distin (hamstring), Osman (foot), Coleman (thigh), Rodwell (hamstring) are again all likely to miss Fulham game. Barkley is training again. The Everton boss says he will decide between Shane Duffy and Tony Hibbert to partner John Heitinga in defence."

What!? Really....Really!?!?!? OMG my days. Boom'age to Mark...

How can there be any thinking or deciding. MOTM reward for Blackburn and then the tw*t is unsure as to whether to put a RB in at CB?

Mark, does Shane on a regular basis tell you how frustrated the players get with that man? What are their views, genuinely?

agree, i couldn't believe what moyes was saying about Hibbert possibly replacing Duffy.

Really he needs to go to a nursery and get some toddlers to show him how to put round pegs in round holes!

Duffy has played well since coming in to the side, we have only 1 other fit centre back...Duffy surely plays. Home to Fulham in the FA cup is hardly the game to drop the young centre back.

While Hibbert has had a good season I really don't see what he's going to do that's any better than Duffy at centre back.

does he get the nod for the man city game? or does a 80% fit distan get the start just because its man city!

Nope.

If Distin is fit then Distin will play. Moyes will play his more established players when he can and has shown that on numerous occassions this season so sadly if Distin has a chance of being fit for the Manchester City game then I expect him to start above Shane, just like if Phil Jagielka was fighting fit again.

Haha to be honest I would have been happy with that deal at the start of the season!

Im hoping the 'miss' side turns up, although on current form that might be good enough to nick a replay!

Lets just hopes its a good game and both sides show the quality that they both have! I wont be holding my breath though!