IGNORED

Fulham on Friday

LBNo11

Stupid tackle from Neville. Too slow to react and didnt need to dive in. I thought he was meant to be experienced. Luckily for him the freekick was shite.

As soon as we have started to sit back, you can see the small individual errors creep in (two fro Felli, Heits, Neville). The negative mindset is causing indecision and we are giving them chances. They should have just scored.

We have looked much better today when we have got stuck into them high up the pitch.

ive been dissapointed with Heitinga's performance today it's been quite sloppy at times.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Round Five here we come!

Didn't think I would have been saying that at the end of tonight, I have enjoyed every minute of tonight which is something that I can't have said in previous weeks. It might seem like a cliché but can we build on this now in the Premier League? I'm so glad that Stracq got his goal for us and even more pleased that we are in the hat for the next round, Wembley is but a whisker away!

Wheeeeey good win from our boys today.

It wasnt perfect but we played some good football and gave the fans something to sing about for once.

Fulham were poor today, but we forced them into plenty of mistakes which we havent been doing enough this season, and when we got hold of the ball, we had spells of quick passing, some movement and attacking intent.

Gueye and Neville were the most wasteful today but they didnt have poor games. Gueye without being great, created some opportunities and he started off Straq's goal. Neville was solid at the back.

MOTM comfortably Felli but I thought Heitinga was very good and unlucky to give away the penalty.

Got some payback for our defeat in 2004

Blimey! You don't forgive and forget easy do you?!

anyone know when the draw is by the way?

It's usually straight after all the games have been played at last once I think, so tomorrow night. I think I remember last season Noel Gallagher and the guitarist from Kasabian did the 5th round draw straight after a match had been played.

Can't complain about that.

Howard - didn't have much to do

Neville - a few misplaced passes but solid at the back, good cross for Timmy late on

Duffy - not quite as assured as he has been but still solid enough

Heitinga - average, slightly sloppy at times, unlucky for the penalty

Baines - not bad, not great, looks as if he could do with a rest but we don't have other players to afford us that luxury

Fellaini - ran the midfield, what a difference it makes to our performance when he turns up, deserved to bag the winner

Gibson - quiet, not bad, looks as if he's still settling into the side

Donovan - two assists, really hope we can sign him on a permanent deal if there's even the slightest chance of it

Gueye - a bit meh, didn't really seem to threaten much but didn't do anything horribly wrong either

Cahill - should have scored, showed some good flashes, not as good as he was against Blackburn but still an improvement over his form before that

Stracq - put in a good shift, grabbed a goal, did enough in my opinion to justify a start against City

Drenthe - didn't make much of an impact but still looked more likely than Maggie to create something

Vic - pretty sure he was put on instead of Vellios because he'd be able to hold the ball up and buy some time

There's a maximum of 10 Premier league sides in the next round, including us, so let's hope for another home tie and hit the quarters :)

...oh ye of little faith! If any teams defenders are crap, their strikers cannot score, their manager is on the brink of being sacked, play Fulham and all will be well,

And now you wonder why we only bring a Fiat 500 full of away fans to games, we play utter shite away from home, clueless, utterly clueless. Not taking anything away from your win guys, I hope you go on to win it. I'm off to take up chess, at least in that the black and white never lose.

See you in a couple of months...

In all probablity I don't envisage we will win this years tournament, been too many negatives just recently, getting through tonight was important, but in the end it could have gone either way from what I can ascertain. Only 25000 turned up tonight, they said on the radio they thought it was a bit of a poor attendance regardless of circumstances. Thankful we didn't get a replay in London tonight amd managed the job in one go. Hopefully can take this into subsequent fixtures and next rounds even, but hand on heart, 2012 FA cup winners?, long way to go and anything can happen, but I really don't know, would love to be proved wrong though. We can take something from tonight and see where it takes us. Nice to be in the 5th round draw while others have yet to play and may be worrying etc

Only 25000 turned up tonight, they said on the radio they thought it was a bit of a poor attendance regardless of circumstances.

Only 25k? Thats sad. Friday evening game, should be great time and a way to start weekend. At least from stream atmosphere looked very good anyway.

Keep in mind the recent below par performances, even off sorts I was able to keep track here and there of progress, maybe fans thought ahead of time and bearing in mind some of the recent fare served up, that standing in the freezing cold on a dark January night wasn't for them, I can't blame one or two for that. Don't know how many Fulham took up but well done to whoever made the journey, long trip, adverse weather conditions etc

love the way felli chested that ball down and outside of the foot to neville in one movement..when he does stuff like that he makes it look so easy and classy

That was beautiful!

As others have said....an enjoyable game for a change, very little "hiding behind the sofa" time.

So happy for Stracq....ran himself into the ground....the last ball he went for he was slower than my gran.

I was thinking the same thing at times tonight, it was a make or break game for all of us, defeat and let's face it, there would be little to play for, European berth in the League does look a bit distant sometimes, so tonight it was important the club progressed. We can take it on from here, good to hear Moyes too went with some attacking intent too from what I read, played four in an attacking variation even, surely not, but how long before the scotsman returns to type and goes with one up front again or stifle the life out of us with his negative tactics. It was a welcome change tonight to be discussing a win and with it a positive performance, there is still all to play for this season, Ok, well one significant objective in any event

Stupid tackle from Neville. Too slow to react and didnt need to dive in. I thought he was meant to be experienced. Luckily for him the freekick was shite. As soon as we have started to sit back, you can see the small individual errors creep in (two fro Felli, Heits, Neville). The negative mindset is causing indecision and we are giving them chances. They should have just scored. We have looked much better today when we have got stuck into them high up the pitch.
  • Was cursing him as soon as he dove in.

we look like we want it from what i've seen...nice to see some fight...gibson and felli look very balanced in the middle

Absolutely, first time it looked like we actually wanted it all game long. Gibson was decent, but definitely a few badly misplaced passes..

Can't complain about that. Howard - didn't have much to do Neville - a few misplaced passes but solid at the back, good cross for Timmy late on Duffy - not quite as assured as he has been but still solid enough Heitinga - average, slightly sloppy at times, unlucky for the penalty Baines - not bad, not great, looks as if he could do with a rest but we don't have other players to afford us that luxury Fellaini - ran the midfield, what a difference it makes to our performance when he turns up, deserved to bag the winner Gibson - quiet, not bad, looks as if he's still settling into the side Donovan - two assists, really hope we can sign him on a permanent deal if there's even the slightest chance of it Gueye - a bit meh, didn't really seem to threaten much but didn't do anything horribly wrong either Cahill - should have scored, showed some good flashes, not as good as he was against Blackburn but still an improvement over his form before that Stracq - put in a good shift, grabbed a goal, did enough in my opinion to justify a start against City Drenthe - didn't make much of an impact but still looked more likely than Maggie to create something Vic - pretty sure he was put on instead of Vellios because he'd be able to hold the ball up and buy some time There's a maximum of 10 Premier league sides in the next round, including us, so let's hope for another home tie and hit the quarters :)

Thought Dennis did way more for our play than Saha has in ages.

Not sure Drenthe did anything except for a few superfluous step-overs. The more I see of him, the more he seems like a one-trick pony, and now every defender in the league knows what that trick is. Would much rather get Donovan in permanently than Drenthe.

• Was cursing him as soon as he dove in.

Absolutely, first time it looked like we actually wanted it all game long. Gibson was decent, but definitely a few badly misplaced passes..

Thought Dennis did way more for our play than Saha has in ages.

Not sure Drenthe did anything except for a few superfluous step-overs. The more I see of him, the more he seems like a one-trick pony, and now every defender in the league knows what that trick is. Would much rather get Donovan in permanently than Drenthe.

Totally agree with the last part

I thought Drenthe did make a difference when he came on though. He is probably better suited to coming on as an impact player.

First half was the best performance for a while now , all the lads did well with the possible exception of Maggie who just had one of those nights and should have got the hook much earlier

Would much rather get Donovan in permanently than Drenthe.

I would agree but when one costs probably around £10mil and the other is free, I know which I would go for!

Tbf to Drenthe he did link up quite well with Baines down that left hand side but it does need to get a few more tricks up his sleeves and not just the wristband he hides down his shorts until he comes on the pitch!