Liverpool (H)...Tim Howard

Manchester City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Brom (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wigan (H)...Tony Hibbert

Aston Villa (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Blackburn (A)...Tim Howard

Sheffield United (H)...Ross Barkley

QPR (H)...Ross Barkley

not sure because the soddin stream kept freezing but from what I saw Maggie, Cahill, Jelly, Johnny, Baines and Ossie all seemed to play exceptionally well, not to mention Gibson, Felli and Distin!

Going to go with Ossie though, his feet a gold and that volley.... if only....

edit: or at least I would except Mike seems to think the others need a chance so hasnt included him in the list (and has put Cahill in twice!)....

Edited by Matt

I haven't really decided on a MOTM, saw most of the game and it seemed they all pulled their weight and gave a collective productivity tonight.

I was impressed with jelavic actually, so I'll go with him, but well done to all involved.

What a difference from two weeks ago on a Tuesday night, talk about blowing hot and cold, you never know what to expect with Toffees sometimes. mellow.png

Cahill gave a performance tonight that I thought was a distant memory. His appetite for a battle is immense, never will even feature in the top 30 technical players I've seen in a blue shirt, however probably in terms of desire would be in top 10 in any shirt. He's a tiger.

Just hope moyes rests him to get that level out of him against Liverpool.

i give it to fellaini the man is just class! For a big player the way he controls the ball and passes it just amazes me. he's our best player no doubt! He bossed that midfield all game and never put a foot wrong and made there whole midfield look like league 2 players. just look at what the Sunderland fans think of him http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=686867

i give it to fellaini the man is just class! For a big player the way he controls the ball and passes it just amazes me. he's our best player no doubt! He bossed that midfield all game and never put a foot wrong and made there whole midfield look like league 2 players. just look at what the Sunderland fans think of him http://www.readytogo...ad.php?t=686867

I am starting to like Sunderland fans! They seem to have a proper head bolted on. We better play like I heard we played today against Liverpool.

WEMBLEYYY

few whingy twats on there though...they say felli fouls a lot...don't they have cattermole? the walking card...

laugh.png

Thought the same thing Marco, thought he was a disgrace when Neville blocked off McClean, should have been booked for that and then sent off (again) for another booking after that challange on Jags! Hate that Bardsley aswell, just a yard dog who has a half decent shot.

laugh.png

Thought the same thing Marco, thought he was a disgrace when Neville blocked off McClean, should have been booked for that and then sent off (again) for another booking after that challange on Jags! Hate that Bardsley aswell, just a yard dog who has a half decent shot.

Agree with GR, should have walked really, as the instigator for the tussle they had after the McClean Barge. Yes the shoulder barge was a little hard from Nev but he certainly didn't catch him in the face as McClean acted out to have been. SO technically, he should have been off; the little 'injured' act after the Jags challenge, made me question whether Cattermole was unsure as to whether he was on a yellow already.

Lady luck was with us in parts, but overall that was brilliant. Genuinely not walked away from many matches of ours, of late with a beaming smile. Crackin performance, great attitude, a lot of very good performances!! If we can replicate that against Liverpoo, we'll be fine but if the tactics and set up change, I fear we'll be pipped to the post.

All round, its hard to highlight one individual but i will because he deserves it. Fellaini was awesome. My mate Fothers and my missus were sat with me, and they both said how good he was (and they both don't really like football)!! They highlighted his 'stride', which is unreal in motion, 5 steps and he's run the length of a half, crazy!

When Fellaini plays well, Everton play well. I've said it before and i'll say it again. Sessegnon was quite last night because of him and it wasn't just what he did on the ball, it was what he was doing off the ball. That allowed Gueye, Ossie and Cahill, more time on the ball. Gibson did the distribution while Felli mopped up, he was great last night. SHout outs also go out to Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Neville, Cahill, Jellyman, THow, Ossie and Gueye...aha. They were all good in my opinion.

Well done lads. Made us proud last night. Wished Jelly got that one-on-one but beggers can't be choosers :D

Went for Osman. Can't fault his workrate at all. Although as already said, everyone did a great job. I like that Jelavic is scoring, although that's 2 sitters he's put wide in as many matches. Really hope it's just a coincidence but he really should've buried both of those one-on-one.

Jury's still out on Gueye, thought he played brilliantly but it looks like he can sometimes look a bit unsure on the ball. Few times where he panicked slightly and gave the ball away.

Good job! smile.png