IGNORED

Sunderland (league home)

Hafnia

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never happen Haf. Is Fellaini one booking away from suspension now?

I'm sure DM will be looking at the table (being above pool) now and also noting the amount of games remaining. We have a shot of finishing above Liverpool and that'll go down really well with the fans. Plus I we win today, momentum is with us going into the semi's.

Personally I think we should go for it today as well. No fucking about, full strength. Heits and Fellaini back in. (unless he is one card away from suspension)

Don't see why people are expecting such a weakened squad to face Sunderland. It'd be suicide to play the youngsters and I think it'd be very foolish of David to not take into account the league competition that we entered into at the beginning of the year. I'm expecting some players to be rested such as Jelavic but I'm not expecting a drastic change.

Still, think we could win this, Sunderland will be up for revenge but surely after the performance we gave at the Stadium of Light we are good enough to turn them over.

Edited by Zoo

In two minds really. My gripe with moyes was the lost momentum by making those changes for the derby.

Fellaini is a red card waiting to happen at the moment, he does need to keep a lid on his emotions.

As much as my nerves say wrap everyone in cotton wool, we need to keep the players acquainted with jelavic and work on the understanding. Sunderland play with a tempo that is good prep for the redshite.

Would like to see Barkley given a run out today in the Cahill role, Cahill does need a rest.

Hmm. Should we rest or not. Not sure about it. Ppl wanting to see barkley, but has he even back at UK atm, when our youngsters were playing at states and had game there on saturday? lost semi vs manu. So i dont think were going to see any of them youngsters(u19?) today. Can see why we should rest Howard either. Defence line could be Hibbo,Distin,Jags, but rest for Bainesy? And who would? Also hes playing 100 game in a row if starts today. Peanuts definitely is playing cause hes cuptied, but who else? Coleman on other wing? Felli doesnt need to scare one yellow anymore, so i think he will start today. Rodders, is he back fit? Anyway, again interesting to see starting XI today.

Howard

Hibbo,Jags,Distin,Baines

Coleman,Osman,Felli,Rodwell(Cahill*),Peanuts

Vic/Straqu/Jelly

99 games it stays for Baines then..... Understand the decision, but I wouldve thought that it would mean something to Baines to get his century of EPL games in a row.

Didnt expect to see McFadden start a game and struggling to work out our formation today. It's a weakened team but should still be enough to beat Sunderland

Howard

Hibbo Heitinga Jags Neville

Pienaar Osman Fellaini Gueye

McFadden

Straq

would make more sense to me. Anyway, clearly Moyes is thinking of the semi, so not expecting much from today

Fellaini, Osman and Pienaar having a good first half. McFadden doing fine, though his delivery has been lacking. Neville's crossing with his left foot has been better than with his right. Gueye disappears in large patches. I'd be looking to take Denis off for Vic, maybe Drenthe for Gueye later in the game.

Totally comfortable without ever looking like scoring, defnition of mid-table mediocrity.

remember theres half a team being rested here, I think its a very promising performance (though far from inspiring). Sunderland havent done much but what we have done for the most part has been encouraging.

remember theres half a team being rested here, I think its a very promising performance (though far from inspiring). Sunderland havent done much but what we have done for the most part has been encouraging.

I'm only whinging because I got up at 7am to watch it ;)

-

Think McFadden has been useless, but everyone else doing a decent job. A little more urgency and we'll take this handily.

What's it like up there today, as poor as the scoreline suggests?

Putting on the BBC sports page to have a look. Well ahead in terms of possession, chances created..

I know Moyes must have rested some key personnel for this game but even so I'd be largely disappointed with a no score draw at home against this opposition, I guess it's all eyes on the weekend really. Here's to an improved second half.