IGNORED

Europe

still doesn't matter...chelsea win both then they go in champs league and spurs and newcastle get the europa league spots with liverpool gettin the third cos of the league cup...we are not gettin into europe

that was my understanding. Unless we finish 5th, which we cant do, weve got no chance. Edited by Matt

6th will get a european spot too but we can't get finish there either...7th is the highest we can get

case closed then :)

Going off-topic (sorry, but I cant open a new thread and this one is as good as any to hijack).....Bit annoyed with Moyes' after game words:

Everton manager David Moyes:

"You would expect them to finish strongly with the crowd behind them. It was a good point but we looked like scoring the second goal and played some good stuff so we are unlucky not to go away with the points.

"We're not impressed by the defending for their goal. You would hope someone would take the ball off him.

"(Finishing above Liverpool) is not desperately important, the important thing is to finish in the top 10 and this point might just about secure that. If we can win the last two games and finish up there it will be a good season for us."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17821967

2 things.

1 = Finishing above Liverpool is ALWAYS important. I wouldve thought 10 years in charge wouldve made him realize.

2 = Top 10 finish? Last season it was 850,000 quid per place if i remember correctly. Dropping 7th to 10th would be close to 3m - Pienaar money? With 2 games to finish he should be pushing the team to finish no lower than 7th.

case closed then smile.png

Going off-topic (sorry, but I cant open a new thread and this one is as good as any to hijack).....Bit annoyed with Moyes' after game words:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17821967

2 things.

1 = Finishing above Liverpool is ALWAYS important. I wouldve thought 10 years in charge wouldve made him realize.

2 = Top 10 finish? Last season it was 850,000 quid per place if i remember correctly. Dropping 7th to 10th would be close to 3m - Pienaar money? With 2 games to finish he should be pushing the team to finish no lower than 7th.

Matt, Moyes does not have it in his mentality to allow us Evertonians the hope that we may actually be able to say "we are better, bigger and prouder than you"

He is forever subservient to them - even though nearly every average team has beaten them this season.

He is forever sandbagging and it does my nut in. One day he may actually be the "victim" of having to spend big money with the price of bigger expectations. I for one just wonder what excuses he brings out, "no more bringin a knife to the gun fight" nonsense.

The signing of Jelavic arguably saved our season - the sales of 3 strikers nearly had it destroyed. For us to finish 7th goes to show what a poor league it has been.

I am surprised about the league placing's comment. We will have well and truly fucked up to not get 7th now.

Although I agree with him on the Liverpool front. Finishing above them in the league proves nothing and doesnt exactly give us any bragging rights. They have beaten us in the 3 important games. The first was unlucky, the second was humiliating and the third was an embarrassment. Finishing 7th and them finishing 8th means fuck all imo.

Small possibility of getting in through the Fair play league, going off the data on premierleague.com

Only has the 1st half of the season http://www.uefa.com/...83_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Premierleague only has to http://www.premierle.../fair-play.html 26

With the average at 8.217 which would be enough if the 1st half is a good indicator. It's a long shot like, and even then we'd have to hope Swansea pick up a few red cards.

Edited by pete0

Chelsea have to win the FA cup and Champions league.

Damn it, what an unsavory prospect from my perspective, but if meant Everton getting into Europe because of it, I'd take it, but it would be painful.

Even that would not be enough by all accounts, so all said there will be no euro soccer for us next season. It's a shame, but there will always be next time, but never really sounds good at the time of writing.

Don't know what Moyes is on about, the man is bewildering sometimes, I would fucking jump at the chance to finish above LFC, but they have done better than us this season, but still a noteworthy achievement even if they have not been above crap at times this league season.

We can't get into Europe this season - FACT!

I think a few on here would be better off with Graham Norton as our next manager - he'd dress things up and make them sound slendid!!! Moyes is being brutally honest - finishing above Liverpool will only secure us more money (much needed albeit)! It won't save from relegation, it won't propel us into Europe, it won't win us anything! If we win our last 2 games which Moyes, as manager, will aim to do, then we achieve us. A decent achievement on the basis of their investment in personal in comparison to ours but at the end of the day it's only worth a few million and 'bragging' rights for Evertonians... but surely as Evertonians we'd look silly bragging about finishing 7th regardless of where they finish!!!

We can't get into Europe this season - FACT!

I think a few on here would be better off with Graham Norton as our next manager - he'd dress things up and make them sound slendid!!! Moyes is being brutally honest - finishing above Liverpool will only secure us more money (much needed albeit)! It won't save from relegation, it won't propel us into Europe, it won't win us anything! If we win our last 2 games which Moyes, as manager, will aim to do, then we achieve us. A decent achievement on the basis of their investment in personal in comparison to ours but at the end of the day it's only worth a few million and 'bragging' rights for Evertonians... but surely as Evertonians we'd look silly bragging about finishing 7th regardless of where they finish!!!

Spot on.

This is indeed a bit muddled. Obviously dependant on other teams at the end of the season and who takes home what, I can't remember it as messy as this for a long time, but think all said, our actual chances of a Euro place next autumn look between slim and none.

In fact no-one seems to know quite what the deal is, I'm (realistically) resigned now to domestic fixtures only from this summer onwards, but some still display a level of hope, but think we should face facts now.

http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/discussion/7280/the-only-way-we-cant-qualify-for-europe/p1

it's not muddled...it is infact a piece...of...piss

the fa cup being won by either team has no affect

chelsea win the champions league then 2 from 4-6 go into europa regardless of league position

chelsea don't win the champions league then it is as it is...4th gets the champs league spot and 5th and 6th go into the europa

1 europa spot for 5th

liverpool have a spot with the league cup

the 3rd spot goes to 6th cos chelsea and liverpool have already qualified for it

if liverpool were in the mix too it would be a different ball game...but they aren't..it isn't..we aren't in europe..get over it

Can you explain what bit of that link (other than the ridiculously improbable fair play option) gives us a route?

No is the answer, and it has been for a while now.

What happens if the League table stays as it is and Chelsea win CL and The Shite win the FA Cup?

Chelsea go in CL

Spurs get demoted to Europa

Newcastle already qualified for Europa from League position

The Shite qualify via FA Cup

leaving one more team to qualify via the Carling Cup place which goes to the next highest League finisher not already qualified ...... Everton

Must admit not entirely sure if that is correct but I am certain that we can still qualify, unless something has changed since Saturday night ( Gary Lineker said on MotD we can still qualify)

Must admit not entirely sure if that is correct but I am certain that we can still qualify, unless something has changed since Saturday night ( Gary Lineker said on MotD we can still qualify)

It's wrong....for seventh to be a place Liverpool would need to finish top six. Lineker was mis informed.

At start of season England gets 7 euro spots...

Champs league - manu, manc, arse and say spurs.

Europa - shite, newcastle and chelsea

The teams may shuffle from those 2 categories but the fact is they are the 7 teams representing England in Europe next season and the only thing that can change that is if England wins an extra place through the fair play league.

In the past that 7 has been 9 due to intertoto and fair play league place.

At start of season England gets 7 euro spots...

Champs league - manu, manc, arse and say spurs.

Europa - shite, newcastle and chelsea

The teams may shuffle from those 2 categories but the fact is they are the 7 teams representing England in Europe next season and the only thing that can change that is if England wins an extra place through the fair play league.

That's the simplist way of putting it....wish I'd thought of it.