IGNORED

France vs Ukraine and England vs Sweden

Im not going to wish you luck for tonight. I dont think you need it.

Swedish newspaper Aftonbladed has created mockup front pages and sent them to the english tabloids. They are quite funny. The mirror took the challange and created one back to the swediish newspaper claiming that Abba were norwegian really and IKEAs gone bankrupt. All very funny stuff.

see them all here http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/landslagsfotboll/em2012/sverige/article14981792.ab

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting lineup for Sweden:

GK - Isaksson (ex Man City)

LB - Olsson (Blackburn)

CB - Jonas Olsson *change from Ukraine game (West Brom)

CB - Mellberg (ex Aston Villa)

RB - Grankvist *change from Ukraine game (ex Wigan)

DM - Svensson *change from Ukraine game (Ex Southampton)

DM - Källström (Lyon)

LW - Rasmus Elm *change from Ukraine game (Alkmaar)

AM - Ibrahimovic (Milan)

RW - Larsson (Sunderland)

S - Elmander *change from Ukraine game (ex Bolton)

Looks as if we should know alot about British football, only 3 people in the starting 11 without prem experience. And two of those three play for top teams like Milan and Lyon. With Elm being a massive target for prem teams. (linked with several of them)

I like it that Jonas Olsson has come in, but 50% of the defence line are new from the starting match and have not played that much together. 5 changes from the game against Ukraine tells you how badly we played in the first game.

Jonas Olsson vs Carrol will be a blood bath tonight. You watch, its going to be nasty.

Still, ive got 2-1 to england. And I still believe england will win tonight.

Edited by Peter H

Sweden wont win tonight, our defence is in a shambles.

Sweden wont win tonight, our defence is in a shambles.

so is ours, and our attack. I think we will pip it though by 1 lucky / controversial ref-ing decision Edited by Matt

I want the English out as soon as possible, please respect other peoples opinions, it's no fun right now with the games for me, the competition will be over in a week or two, and an English tournament win would be pretty unsavory from my viewpoint. From what I can ascertain, they will need to beat Spain and Germany at some stage to do this and on the evidence of recent days, could be a tall order but stranger things have happened. I fully expect a win over Sweden this night and then a draw with Ukraine would be enough, but after that, could be time to worry unsure.png

Said on the BBC sports page it was abandoned after five minutes, forgot they were even playing. Must have been some weather to have come in, if the match was deemed playable at kick off time and then a few minutes later is was called off, couldn't they have decided beforehand if it should go ahead or did some unworldly weather of biblical proportions descend a few minutes in etc dry.png

If the other fixture is called off tonight, that would be mighty fine. I don';t know who's thinking what over there, but I remember taking part in a competitive match over 20 years ago and by god, there was a worse storm that day than anything they could have there today, it was actually quite frightening, but no rain of all things, just really sinister skies, massive fucking thunderclaps and lightning strikes you wouldn't believe, but we still got on with it, and completed the match etc. It was an evening I'll remember forever

On again ?!, they just can't stop and start fixtures like these at will?

The only soccer player I ever remember getting hit by lightning was that great little Spurs player John White, it was big news at the time, but he went out to play golf by himself and took shelter under a tree, if someone had been with him to give him the kiss of life he most likely would have been saved is the real tragedy.

I'm getting confused already by these league tables, but I hope the France/Ukraine result is favorable. Knowing my damn luck it'll be the exact opposite but what can you do damn it.

Good! Gives us a little extra time to get to our destination, those 15 minutes could prove useful for delays etc.

Even better if they could postpone it but no turning back now.

Just need to get away from all that bullshit for a few hours, it was the same in South Africa two years ago. No fun at all for non english sometimes, wish I was indifferent really, but the media, and Idiots on the streets, and damn presenters and all, just render it intolerable these days, just have no time for it, want it over as soon as possible even. I hope others do enjoy the game though, but just need some space to gather some thoughts.