IGNORED

Hugo Rodallega

"Take the Naismith transfer for example, the lad comes and has a medical and people find out about it. Then everyone expects the deal to be concluded immediately but because transfers are complex nowadays they generally take a bit of time, as a result some ‘respected ITK’ claims that the lad has failed his medical and the transfer has collapsed. Cue the typical Everton hysteria that followed before they then start to listen to others who state it actually has not collapsed and the world is a brighter place again ! Until this ‘respected ITK’ says something else that they all believe until it doesn’t happen again and so the wheel continues to turn.

What I am alluding to here is to be patient and to take every rumour with a pinch of salt. Just because someone says we are in for a player doesn’t mean we will get that player or in fact that we are actually in for them."

Bit smugmellow.png ?

Does any Evertonian with half a brain really need that explaining to them? Specially in such patronising termsdry.png.

You might be surprised, some idiots actually do.

Every rumor that comes out of a newspaper or a random site people go straight to lcab and THT to ask if it is true.

I am sure they get annoyed after a while.

Apart from the excerpted section above, I thought the THT article was quite decent. Rodallega isn't going to fulfill any fantasies, but it seems an obvious choice for both parties and I think he'll do better for us than he did for Wigan. Imagine if we actually had the ability to change our attacking style without shunting midfielders all over. Also fantastic to feel like we're really trying to get our business done early to allow the squad to gel. If we can be finished with the silly season before August rolls through I reckon we'll put our horrid starts behind us.

Martin Jol hopes to complete the signing of Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega on a free transfer this week.

The Fulham boss appears to have beaten off competition from Everton - who have now dropped their interest altogether - Aston Villla and Stoke, according to the Daily Mirror.

...eek

Edit : Sorry Zoo, was too small to read! Matt

Edited by Matt

I never been sold by him tbh. Seems to have ability, but also an attitude that I dont like. If he cant get games at Wigan then I dont see why he would be making out starting 11 & I cant see him wanting to be on the bench here either.

I dont really think he is the type of player we need and we are probably just as well off keeping Vic to do the bench role as it will cost us less.

Guest blueboy122

I see a lot of people have said that he would be starting on the bench? How's that then? We have nothing on the right and he is quick and very skill full, I would prefer him on the right then victor. Although if he was signed for the wages mentioned plus the signing on fee I would give him a miss. If signed for nothing or very little signing on fee then I think he would be a good signing.

I see a lot of people have said that he would be starting on the bench? How's that then? We have nothing on the right and he is quick and very skill full, I would prefer him on the right then victor. Although if he was signed for the wages mentioned plus the signing on fee I would give him a miss. If signed for nothing or very little signing on fee then I think he would be a good signing.

Naismith on the right now

He's a striker, he mightn't want to play out of position.

I thought Naismith played behind the forward?

Can play a number of positions apparently, but I would expect our mid/attack to look like:

............Jelly.............

Pienaar..... Naismith

...........Ossie............

..Gibson.... Felli.......

Jack cant pick a pass like Ossie, not as creative either. I wouldnt have Jack starting ahead of any of the centre 3 i mentioned

He's good for when we need to keep possession of the ball, he's been well taught in the art of the crab that Moyes likes. Joking aside, prefer him to Gibson as he is more athletic and better suited to swap positions with Osman and Fellaini so we could play a mini-total football style with them 3 all rotating position and playing give and go.

If Rodallega did come here does anyone think we'll go 442? As I'm assuming he'll fill in at left mid.

Fourth Official @FourthOfficial_

3m

Hugo Rodallega has confirmed he has chosen to sign for Fulham on a 3 year deal, rejecting Stoke, Sunderland and Everton #FFC

Fourth Official @FourthOfficial_

1m

If the reports of Rodallega being on 70k a week at Fulham are to be believed, the other 3 clubs can breathe a sigh of relief.