IGNORED

Return of Vibrac

Louis

No, however I get the impression on here that some feel that we have magically been able to clear a massive amount of debt - how??? It doesn't take a genius to work out that the bad state of affairs last year can't be solved with the sale of 2 £10m players whilst reinvesting the money on players like jelavic, pienaar, aligned with the usual £5m operating costs loss.

This new loan is yet to be confirmed as to it's amount, you all got giddy last night despite my warning. Low and behold, today you got the news of a new loan.

and lo and behold you ignore any evidence for optimism.

I think the biggest problem with football isnt the lack of a salary cap( although i think it is a problem). The biggest problem is the lack of a players union to handle negotiations with the league to split the profits between the players, and the teams. The NFL is the most profitable league in the world for its teams, and the owners have a 60/40 split with players. The salary cap changes each year based off league revenue. Also the power of agents is incomprehensible. American agents get 5% of all negotiated contracts for their clients, and the 5% is paid by their clients. In football agents get huge bonuses for players signing often often an additional 20-30%, and its paid by the club.

FIFA and their "fair play" plans need to better represent both sides for the long term surival of this great sport. Then there is that other argument that there are to many clubs, and not enough fans, but I am not foolish enough to be drawn in to that debate.

Evidence? As in the accounts? Let's just ignore them then eh, it's not like shit like that meant we had to sell Rooney, bellefield, finch farm. Not to mention arteta, now rodwell.

Sack this off, let go to rumourama and pretend its football manager 2012.

Sorry but when it comes to finance, optimism is second fiddle to reality.

Mike do you know the value of the four loans versus value of latest?

Of course not....but a mortgage ain't going to be £6.50.

Whereas for you, pessimism is.

There was no giddiness, just some of us saw a possible chink of light, while you just see a big black hole in the ground.

Not at all, unless we have been selling Chang at £100 a go and every fan was leaving every game legless it wasn't possible!

"85p in every pound goes to finch farm..."

Consider the player dealings and agents fees, add on the usual £5m loss before any further debts are reduced and the conclusion is simple, well to those who can accept the truth anyway.

I don't want to be proven right, but I dont want to be wasting time explaining information that is already out there. Nor being called a pessimist.

A realist when times are a little rough is often seen as a pessimist, sooner that than to be a dreamer. It's hope that kills you.

Evidence? As in the accounts? Let's just ignore them then eh, it's not like shit like that meant we had to sell Rooney, bellefield, finch farm. Not to mention arteta, now rodwell.

Sack this off, let go to rumourama and pretend its football manager 2012.

All Im saying Haf is that was (i.e. the past) how things had to operate in order to build the team we have now, but looking forward there is room for optimism. Edited by Matt

I think the biggest problem with football isnt the lack of a salary cap( although i think it is a problem). The biggest problem is the lack of a players union to handle negotiations with the league to split the profits between the players, and the teams. The NFL is the most profitable league in the world for its teams, and the owners have a 60/40 split with players. The salary cap changes each year based off league revenue. Also the power of agents is incomprehensible. American agents get 5% of all negotiated contracts for their clients, and the 5% is paid by their clients. In football agents get huge bonuses for players signing often often an additional 20-30%, and its paid by the club.

FIFA and their "fair play" plans need to better represent both sides for the long term surival of this great sport. Then there is that other argument that there are to many clubs, and not enough fans, but I am not foolish enough to be drawn in to that debate.

That's something I thought about too and I think you're right.. the problem we have is that it's not in the interests financially of third parties to have a strong PFA (Player's Football Assocation - the union), at the moment it is a free for all.

Although looking back, it is odd suggesting that football copy the NFL's example, I read that the NFL players union took the MLS to court in the mid nineties because they didn't want the MLS to be a single organisation company similar to how the NFL was run and wanted the MLS to be set up like a European club.

• 8 months later...

A new document was lodged with Companies House on 13 May.

It relates to the Vibrac loan. It's just a change of what the loan is secured with. It's no longer secured against tv money for the 2012/13 season and 'Receivables' "in excess of the amount due or owing by the company to the Lender under Finance Documents". It's still secured against next season's tv revenue (2013/14).

Incidentally, Fulham took out a loan with them this week.

Whats happening these days regards finance/accounts? What about the Blue Union?

I remember last year reading plenty of articles around the finances, sale of assets, Blue Union etc, but havent heard anything new for a while now?

Has out chase for europe this year, the fact we have been around the top 6 all season, put it all on the backburner for many people?

Each time you look into this thread, you half expect it to be about some pharmaceutical product or something.

every time I read the title, I get this stuck in my head...

Return of Vibrac, woow whoa

Edited by Matt

You kids musical tastes, leave much to be desired.

Whatever happened to that 'performer' anyway. Thought he was a big and up-coming Compton gangster type and got so hyped up about himself, merely failed to notice he was an insignificant (retrospectively ridiculed) nothing musical artist from Leicester or somewhere. That's all I have to say on the individual in question.

You kids musical tastes, leave much to be desired.

Whatever happened to that 'performer' anyway. Thought he was a big and up-coming Compton gangster type and got so hyped up about himself, merely failed to notice he was an insignificant (retrospectively ridiculed) nothing musical artist from Leicester or somewhere. That's all I have to say on the individual in question.

definitely not one of my musical tastes, but the song gets stuck in your head dammit!

• 2 months later...