IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

1-1 martial with another goal. 

Bournemouth so good at home but it looks like Jose has finally managed a way to get his front 3 playing.  Sanchez looks very good as main striker - seems to be like the player he was at Arsenal. 

United will probably end up winning this through martial and Sanchez. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

United last minute goal.... good game. Bournemouth are very impressive at home.

United loads of fluidity in attack. Loom suspect at the back though. Matic not the player he was. 

Matic is probably being asked to do too much. Fred is a bit of a question mark and Pogba is so erratic. 

I really like watching Bournemouth though. They have a really strong spine to their team and now they adding more quality with players like Fraser and the new lad in midfield whose name escapes me.

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Matic is probably being asked to do too much. Fred is a bit of a question mark and Pogba is so erratic. 

I really like watching Bournemouth though. They have a really strong spine to their team and now they adding more quality with players like Fraser and the new lad in midfield whose name escapes me.

Brooks.

We were after him.

Untill they bring in the correct video reviewing process then I've no sympathy. 

If I was a manager and my player won a pen through something like that I wouldn't lose sleep over it.  Did we get the benefit of an expert review of martials dive? Swings and roundabouts. 

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Do defenders go and tell the ref when they’ve fouled a player in the area but no penalty was given?

Not the same thing at all for me. What Sterling did was a bit like stubbing your toe on a table leg and blaming the table leg (in this case the pitch); a tackle is contact between two moving people and is always going to be less clear even if it's 99% obvious who was at fault. In this case there's no 1% doubt.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Not the same thing at all for me. What Sterling did was a bit like stubbing your toe on a table leg and blaming the table leg (in this case the pitch); a tackle is contact between two moving people and is always going to be less clear even if it's 99% obvious who was at fault. In this case there's no 1% doubt.

Sterling didn’t even claim for the penalty did he? It’s not his fault the ref was an idiot and Sterling should be under no obligation to do his job for him. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Sterling didn’t even claim for the penalty did he? It’s not his fault the ref was an idiot and Sterling should be under no obligation to do his job for him. 

I agree to an extent but it'd still be nice to see a bit of sportsmanship every so often. City were always going to win the game so if he'd been honest it wouldn't have cost them, and his personal reputation would have got a huge boost (like de Canio v us incident did).

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I agree to an extent but it'd still be nice to see a bit of sportsmanship every so often. City were always going to win the game so if he'd been honest it wouldn't have cost them, and his personal reputation would have got a huge boost (like de Canio v us incident did).

I know what you’re saying but the reaction to it has been so over the top (in the media, not you) and I suspect it’s because of who it is. 

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know what your saying but the reaction to it has been so over the top (in the media, not you) and I suspect it’s because of who it is. 

I've only seen the beeb reaction so don't know about anywhere else, if the man has a dodgy rep he could've done himself a huge favour. Shame. Suspect he regrets it, but a split second decision obviously.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I've only seen the beeb reaction so don't know about anywhere else, if the man has a dodgy rep he could've done himself a huge favour. Shame. Suspect he regrets it, but a split second decision obviously.

The rep is to do with how the media paint him. He can do no right as a person, it’s nothing to do with being a diver. I’m not one for conspiracy theories but there is some weird vendetta against Sterling. 

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It doesn't matter what he does.  The media are a disgrace towards this lad. 

It's a racism/class thing.  Not nice.   

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He won't still be there to make that happen. He really is a terrible manager. That whole Leicester episode is bizarre when you look at the majority of his CV.

He did well at Nantes after he left Leicester.  He got them 5th or 7th I believe.  They are a tiny club, I used to follow them because they had an American (Alejandro bedoya) playing for them.