IGNORED

Villa

Memmaclub

Its a shame that last 30-35mins has clouded what was a very good performance before that. Everyone was working well together as a unit, the back four were solid bar Neville who was distinctly average all game, and maybe Fellaini who was still decent but not anywhere near as good as he could be.

The midfield pairing of Osman & Gibson worked really well, and while the latter again left his runners when he shouldnt have, he had a very good game and it was noticeable that we missed his energy in there when he went off.

Good debut start from Naismith who linked the play really well and it was good to see Mirallas get some game time. He looked off the pace at time which is completely understandable, but he took up some good positions and made some encouraging runs.

Considering Villa are a bogey team for us and with being away from home after putting in a big big shift last week I'm more then happy with that result...

Second half things went abit downhill but teams do that when in control at times but we came away with the three points that's what matters. I do think Gibson silently keeps us ticking over and holds our shape but goes pretty much un-noticed at times.

All in all pretty solid display apart from Neville who was sloppy pretty much from the off!

I'd rather us start playing shit when we are 3-0 up than from the start so I'm chuffed with the result!

Yeap to be 3-0 up away at half time is brilliant, especially against villa, as we usually fuck it up against them at villa park, don't blame them for sitting back, gotta make sure our first team comes through matches unscathed, and fuck me what a difference to our usual starts, let's not complain about the manner of the win! COYB'S

I'd rather us start playing shit when we are 3-0 up than from the start so I'm chuffed with the result!

i'm delighted with the result but i'd rather us not give teams hope..villa had chances to make it closer and then who knows..very poor from 60th minute on so i'm frustrated and delighted at the same time

Good win, wish we went for the throat though and really give them a spanking. Please cut out the "job done" mentality in the last 1/4 of the match...... It's unprofessional and annoying

Come on two out two, at the start of the season, happy days, never mind how, at the moment, let's get the results in we usually don't get, and then who knows what we will achieve???!!!!

Finally we have had a good start to a season! I've only managed to listen to the game on the radio because I've been in Southport today but it sounded like a really good game (the first half at least).

I was glad to see us go into the break at 3-0 just showing how good we are looking up front this season and at the break I was expecting Moyes to bring off one of our strikers (Naismith/Jelavic) and stick on a defender to see the game out. I'm a little miffed that we didn't score in the second half because we should have really took the piss out of low opposition like Villa and should have made a statement to the rest of the league, we should but didn't and that's a little annoying.

I don't want to get too bogged down in all the negative points because we've scored three goals away from home and come away with three points. I heard that we should have had a penalty as the referee gave the foul but awarded a free-kick instead of pointing to the spot - that's a little annoying too considering that we would have almost surely put it in the net given how good Baines/Jelavic are from the spot.

WBA will be harder but with these two wins I don't think we should fear them - glad to see we have started well.

The Aston Villa manager will hopefully be more gracious in defeat today then old red nose last Monday night. It appears all said and on the basis of everything that took place today, we were deserved winners.

After being 3-0 up at half-time I don't see how Lambert could say we deserved anything more.

Impressed, however the negative bugger that is me was concerned at the lack of killer instinct.

Really really enjoyed some passages of play, looked unreal. However, take our mediocre patch and it was too much a step down.

On the whole, thoroughly chuffed, I hope and want to believe we can maintain a winning streak and send out a message. As marco said, today's game was a great opportunity to say "hello top 4, be afraid, be very afraid". Like the 5-0 win against the mancs in 84, one of those could send us on our way.

Well done boys, the feel good factor is alive and well.

It might be a good thing we held back a bit upon reflection, Villa goal included.

We don't want to burn out too early, and if it was a deliberate "Right lads, let's all stay fit and save a bit for mid-week" then it will be a good thing. The last thing we want is teams parking the bus because they're concerned about our form. Stay under the radar, and a better chance of delivering the big bombs.