IGNORED

Villa

Memmaclub

I think it will be a tough game. They are not as weak as peeps here might think. They always do well against Everton as some have pointed out.

As long as there arent any injuries, setbacks or tired bodies we will se the exact same starting 11. No doubt in my mind about that.

1-1

I actually think this is a better indication than the Man U game on how we go this season. As already said we always up our performance for the big games. So this will be a better indicator. That said I believe what ever was done in preseason will hopefully mean we perform 6-0

We'll walk into this game (thinking we've already beaten United), be slapped in the face by an early goal and struggle to claw it back. Villa played well and were unlucky, they're looking like a 'team', no superstars but effective. I think they'll push us hard.

I'm going to hope for a win but i doubt we will, a draw is what the bookies may have but i'll go for a loss. Bump back down to earth me thinks.

Villa 1 - Everton 0

This is the perfect game imo, it will show us whether or not Moyes wants the team to really go for it this season or if the Man U game was just our usual 'raise the game for the big teams performance' I reckon we will stick with the same lineup although id like to see Naismith/Mirallas involved

1-2

Not a fan of the Everton Numbers on the OS, but we don't usually follow the script so hopefully that's a big fat 3 next year. The bottom one is shocking considering how much we dominate and create against them.

2 Times in the Premier League era Everton have won their opening two fixtures - in 1993/94 and 2007/08.

12 League games without a win against Villa, the longest such run against any side in the Premier League. Our last victory was by a 4-1 scoreline at Goodison in March 2006, although we did beat them 3-1 in the FA Cup in February 2009.

Even during last season when we played shite and never won much (7 games!!) we had a record number of draws (17) and only lost 14 times (i say only!! lmao) but my point is we were still pretty hard to beat for the most part!!

our losses (14) are the same as Fultham and Liverpool! (8th and 9th last term) and the comments from some expecting a 0-3 or 0-2 loss for the Villa are a bit foolish imo!

but then again i could be eating humble pie by 1700 on Saturday!

Even during last season when we played shite and never won much (7 games!!) we had a record number of draws (17) and only lost 14 times (i say only!! lmao) but my point is we were still pretty hard to beat for the most part!!

our losses (14) are the same as Fultham and Liverpool! (8th and 9th last term) and the comments from some expecting a 0-3 or 0-2 loss for the Villa are a bit foolish imo!

but then again i could be eating humble pie by 1700 on Saturday!

i think it's cos goin off past games we should've won by these kind of scorelines easily..if we batter you again like we did when young nicked it 1-0 at your ground with jelavic upfront i could see this kind of scoreline

Guest blueboy122

This match will be a harder game then the united game i think. I agree with J I think that we could easily get beat here, very tricky game indeed.

Leeds/Elland Road was much bigger or relevant for away frustrations..

are AVFC a bogey side for us, maybe I can't think right now, but think we have a decent record against these in all recent competitions?, I can't even remember the last occasion of a Toffee loss even, may have been when Lescott was with us and they scored in the last minute.

Still insist this won't be so plain sailing as some people envisage.

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, to the above, but on a personal level seem to find that in short supply in general just recently. Sure, we have the capabilities to get a result and three points, but I feel it could be an after the lord mayors show scenario after the jubilation of Monday. I still think a draw is the most likely outcome.

never heard of him! :lol:

The only reason Im citing a little caution is because we do this all to often; play a stonking game against a top club then fail to be the mediocre teams (Bailey mentioned it in another thread), This isnt down to optimism really, its down to being burnt too many times and a natural caution kicking in.....

Pardon, I'm not always well aware of who is and who isn't a celebrity in the UK.

I'll make it simple for you, I'll make it crystal clear - nobody in the United Kingdom is a celebrity, not one individual. They may make fantastic claims or see themselves as something unique, but fuck all that, bottom line is, no such thing exists.

Not a bloody clue who that bloke is I can tell you one thing though the clown can't sing!!

I never like playing Villa We generally tend to play much better then them but come away with nothing...but this time around I can see us taking 3 points off the back of the United game and with Villa getting weaker each passing season I'd be shocked if they had enough to beat us.

Jelavic to get off the mark this season in this one with a brace and Naismith also to bag one!

1 - 3

I'll make it simple for you, I'll make it crystal clear - nobody in the United Kingdom is a celebrity, not one individual. They may make fantastic claims or see themselves as something unique, but fuck all that, bottom line is, no such thing exists.

I'll just assume from now on that if a British person hasn't done a lap in a reasonable priced car on Top Gear, he/she isn't a well known personality in the UK :P