IGNORED

Swansea (away)

Droobie

Strange game imo. Looked really lazy, both teams i mean. This game was missing tempo and attitude. Just hoping players dont start to think we will win games playing like this, walking and just having fun. It was like 2 pubteams were playing each others, at hangover. Well, anyway , we were better and easily earned our 3p.

We're not convincing in defence at the moment.

I think this is because of the lack of protection from Nev/Osman. Osman is great in possession but he's not positionally good enough or physical enough to play in that role and neville needs gibbo or felli there if he's going to play but he seems to be making more and more little silly mistakes.

Strange game imo. Looked really lazy, both teams i mean. This game was missing tempo and attitude. Just hoping players dont start to think we will win games playing like this, walking and just having fun. It was like 2 pubteams were playing each others, at hangover. Well, anyway , we were better and easily earned our 3p.

Did you watch the game!

Although We were not are best today We played well and came out of the blocks from the off, that comment applies to Swansea not us!

Great three points and Vic deserves His due for today although He missed a fair few good chances He worked hard and put in a good shift as did a few others. I really like the look of Mirallas He add's a great spark to the team reminds Me of Arteta on the ball at times.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Did you watch the game!

Although We were not are best today We played well and came out of the blocks from the off, that comment applies to Swansea not us!

Great three points and Vic deserves His due for today although He missed a fair few good chances He worked hard and put in a good shift as did a few others. I really like the look of Mirallas He add's a great spart to the team reminds Me of Arteta on the ball at times.

Was nice to see us scoring on a fast counter attack.

I thought Mirallas was very quiet first half.

We lack a bit of movement up front from many players, and have been guilty of waiting for something to happen instead of ensuring it does. Mirallas looks like he might aid that if played in a different role.

Osman not doing enough to satisfy a start. Needs to get more involved.

A quick Twitter round up:

image_normal.jpgJohn Heitinga@Johnheitinga

Thanks 4 your wonderfull support! Happy with the 90 minutes, the clean sheet and win in #Swansea of course. #Everton #COYB

phil neville18@fizzer18

"@DavidJonesSky: very good today Phillip, impressed." Thanks Dave score should have been 7-3!!!!

Gary Lineker@GaryLineker

I think it's fair to say that this Everton side is excellent

Opta @OptaJoe

2 - Victor Anichebe has netted a goal in back-to-back Premier League appearances for the first time in his career. Pumped.

Just got in from the game, great result away from home, should have scored a shed load more though, fellani was awesome at times, Mirallas is going to be an absolute blinding buy, he was all over the pitch, fair play, only a couple of criticisms, firstly we have to kill teams off when we are on top, defence is still a bit shaky, needs a rocket up the ass and Howard needs to be doing it more often. And we are far too reliant on the left, there were times there was loads of space on the right to be exploited and we keep going back left, it's understandable to a certain extent but better teams are going to nullify that early on, then what? But fantastic to win away, score 3 and not break into a sweat!

Edited by mogsy

For the majority of the first half we were excellent and we could have been any number of goals up. It was unbelievable just how many chances we created. What was even more unbelievable is that I don't even think we were anywhere near being in top gear, I felt we could had a few gears we could have gone up tbh. I didn't think we moved the ball fast enough and we were indecisive in possesssion at times. Instead of getting the ball into the box or making an incisive pass, we'd mess about with it. That being said, even not being as good as we could be, Swansea were no match for us. The only way they could stop us threatening them was by fouling. It annoyed me just how much they fouled our players, and even more annoying was how their fans moaned about every single decision against them like it was blatantly wrong. Deservedly we got two goals, which is the least we deserved. We got a bit lucky with the first goal with Fellaini handballing it but after the decisions that went against us on Monday I'm not going to feel sorry for Swansea. And it was a fantastic bit of play that set up our second. Mirallas was unlucky that his original attempt didn't go in but it was an excellent save by Vorm, but the Belgian showed good determination and reactions to get to the rebound. It's a good job we didn't squander all of our chances in that first half because we went right off the boil towards the end of the half and Swansea were all over us and if not for Howard we could have gone in at half time on level terms. The defence looked awful and I think a lot of that was down to Neville (and Osman to a lesser extent) providing absolutely no cover to the defence.

We were never going to be as dominant in the second half and we weren't. There was a lot more defending on show, and I do feel that despite looking shaky at times they did get better as the game went on. Our game now revolved more around soaking up any pressure and then breaking away. That should have changed once Swansea went down to ten men but I don't feel that we really did enough to make our advantage count. But we still created a few chances and managed to get a third goal.

Howard - After having a poor game against Newcastle he more than made up for it today. He made some cracking saves to stop certain Swansea goals. The defence owe him a few pints tonight.

Coleman - I was very disappointed with him. I expected him to be an attacking threat for us so that we wouldn't have to rely on the left side, but he wasn't a threat whatsoever. And he was caught out defensively on a couple of occasions.

Jagielka & Heitinga - Didn't look too crash hot tbh. They left far too much space between each other for Michu to get into at times. I did think that they seemed to get back to more of an understanding as the game progressed though, and Jags and Distin had four games to look shit together so I'm hoping that Moyes gives these two a little time before trying something else too. Jags made a quite brilliant block towards the end of the game to keep the cleansheet intact too.

Baines - Good, annoying, and a bit of bad thrown in too. The good is that he was heavily involved in our dominance and was a key player in it. He delivered an absolutely perfect ball for Fellaini to get the third. It had just the right amount of pace on it and it was delivered inch perfect. The annoying thing for me was that he didn't put the ball into the box as often as I'd have liked. But that's just a small gripe. The bad is that, like Coleman, he was caught out defensively on a few occasions. I was actually wondering where the hell he was at times.

Mirallas - IMO he was the opposite to most of our players today, in that he had a much better second half than first. I thought he was fairly anonymous in the first half despite getting a goal. But in the second half he was much more involved and I think that was because he started to drift about the pitch rather than stay on our neglected right side. What I do love about him is that he is a massive goal threat and I think he's going to be another shrewd Moyes signing.

Osman - I'm not really sure what to say about Osman's performance tbh. I don't think he played well but I don't think he was particularly bad either. For want of a better word he was meh. The best things he did in the game were to draw fouls out of Swansea.

Neville - I can remember him actually doing his job of breaking up Swansea's play once. Other than that he was a passenger.

Pienaar - I'm going to go against the grain here because I just found Pienaar frustrating today. Maybe it was down to constantly being fouled but I just never felt like he got going in the game. He was the biggest one for messing about with the ball rather than just doing something, anything, with it.

Fellaini - He was oh so close to how good he looked in the opening two games, which bodes extremely well for the coming games. He does it all the time but I will never tire of just how brilliant it looks when he brings a high ball down on his chest, turns and just gallops away from the opposition. It's mesemerising. He's an absolute freak. Someone of his body type and stature should not be capable of being that elegant. Even though it was handball he still gets the assist for Anichebe's first goal and gets a goal too. You couldn't really ask for anything more from him. I would have given him my MOTM vote but for how well I thought Anichebe did.

Anichebe - I was worried when it was shown that he was starting despite a good showing the other night because he doesn't usually start games well. But I needn't have worried. He was excellent. Yes, he did waste a number of opportunities but he got himself a goal, and for a change he used his strength perfectly. He was given the ball on numerous occasions with his back to goal and I don't think he failed once to turn his man. He bullied their defenders and made Tate look an absolute joke. We also used him to great effect to clear our lines; we gave the ball to him and he just ran away with it. He was billiant. My MOTM.

Edited by Romey 1878
Accidentally clicked on submit before I'd finished my post!

Hi all, Swansea fan here.

First off I would like to say you thoroughly deserved to win the game today. You bossed most parts of the game, with Howard making some awesome saves, we just couldn't get past him. Bains was outstanding too.

However please for the love of god tell me where that ref came from. I know its easy for us to blame the ref, im not blaming him for the loss, im just shocked at some of the poor decisions he made. First 5 minutes and 5 fouls, 3 of them on Pienaar who literally fell over in all 3 of them. He gave away some weak fouls in my opinion, I mean 23 fouls in that game. 4 yellows and 1 red. It wasn't a dirty game at all, but on paper it certainly looks that way.

Apart from the ref, the football by Everton today was outstanding, Well done.

Hi all, Swansea fan here.

First off I would like to say you thoroughly deserved to win the game today. You bossed most parts of the game, with Howard making some awesome saves, we just couldn't get past him. Bains was outstanding too.

However please for the love of god tell me where that ref came from. I know its easy for us to blame the ref, im not blaming him for the loss, im just shocked at some of the poor decisions he made. First 5 minutes and 5 fouls, 3 of them on Pienaar who literally fell over in all 3 of them. He gave away some weak fouls in my opinion, I mean 23 fouls in that game. 4 yellows and 1 red. It wasn't a dirty game at all, but on paper it certainly looks that way.

Apart from the ref, the football by Everton today was outstanding, Well done.

You do realise he could have sent off Williams at the start and we had a couple of pen shouts? Only bad decision was Dyer's first yellow. Michu should have had a second yellow, the ref done his best to keep your players on the pitch.

Edited by pete0

don't be bitter man...the reason you committed so many fouls was because we had the ball and your players aren't used to havin to run around after it..they got frustrated...what about when your lad clattered into mirallas from behind in the 2nd half? anywhere else it was a foul...the sendin off was all his own fault..fellaini shouldn't have kicked out but your player shouldn't have stood on his foot