Previous MOTM winners...

Leeds (A)...Victor Anichebe

Swansea (A)...Victor Anichebe

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Leyton Orient (H)...Kevin Mirallas

Aston Villa (A)...Steven Pienaar

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Felli by a mile, he never got a goal or an assist but he was at the heart everything good. The defence were solid, we saw the game out more comfortably than I'm used to, yet still had a few scary moments.

Special mentions for Mirallas and Coleman although they ran out of steam and Osman who vastly improved on his performance as we know when he's good he's good... Only disappointment is Howard, flapping again and his poor distribution.

Coleman for Me although Mirallas was a close second.

If Coleman brushed up on His decision making and became just abit sharper with it which I'm sure He will with time He will become a very good RB. The partnership between Him and Mirallas will only get better and We will finally have a great partnership on either side of the field...

I thought Osman was poor in part's some good short passes but gave it away to many times but Neville doesn't help with His instant sideway and backward passing when we could move the ball forward.

I wish Jelavic would stay on His feet more a fair few times He went to ground far to easily and what was the crack with Fellaini in the second half after Oviedo's "who looks a decent player" missed that lay on He looked like He was having a meltdown whilst doing the robot dance!

A good first half bar the first 5 or so minutes and slightly died off the second but overall not a great display throughout but good enough.

Oh and there support are the most repetative clowns ever "Gaston Rimirez"

Edited by EFC-Paul

Well this was a bit of a toughy. But thankfully not because they were bad. I considered Jellyfish for his goals, and Baines for his contribution. In the end I decided to go against the grain a bit and plump for Peanuts. I thought he had an excellent game. I suspect I may be in the minority, but I am right of course and anyone who disagrees with me is totally wrong. :)

Went with the Jellyfish. His overall effect on the type of game was on full display yesterday. It's not just that he scores and always tends to put his chances on target, but that he opens up so many avenues with his movement and plays smart incisive passes forward. He looked like he wanted to show the boss why he should be the number one striker, and didn't look as if he took his starting position as a right.

I was also tempted to go with Mirallas, as he completely ravaged Saints yesterday. I mean, he absolutely raped them. I love his work rate. He might even work too hard. Of course I can't knock him for that.

Peanuts, for me, was a little disappointing. There were a few times where he could have made a really dangerous pass that could have led to a goal (one Baines run in their box, in particular, comes to mind), but he decided to play the Neville-esque pass. Still a good enough game from him though.

Really I don't know, gonna plump for fellaini. I was rightly extremely annoyed with his performance in the week, but yep, he is a pain for teams to deal with when he wants to dominate. His close control is exceptional, not because of his height - it is exceptional FULL STOP.

I like the fact that he is now showing a willingness to hit snap shots and he can generate great power with very little backlift - doesn't allow the keeper to settle feet.

I will also mention Pienaar, there was a move he started in the second half which was outstanding, he won the ball in our box, changed feet, sent player the wrong way and brought the ball out to the half way line, passed to mirallas who fluffed up the pass with Coleman - pienaar was rightly peeved off, it was a potential goal of the season in the making (provided Coleman hit the byline, cut it back for Mirallas to hammer it home!)

I am a little unsure about our defence and yes Howard needs to get his act together. There is plenty of work to do on the training ground in ensuring we stop falling asleep and marshall the space - Heitinga in particular has shown he can ball watch a little too much.

Overall great result - pleased but I want to see some improvements defensively and from Tim.