IGNORED

Midfield hard man

jofanon

Thought for a while we need an aggressive intimidating presence in the side. Not talking about being dirty or playing outside of the rules but someone that could control little gobshites like Suarez.

Big Dunc wouldn't have taken his crap on Sunday.

I don't think there is anyone in the side with that kind of presence. Heits is the closest I suppose.

I don't think the modern game needs a hard man in midfield. City have yaya but wouldn't say he's a hard man, Chelsea don't have one, neither do united or barca or Real Madrid. It's old school now.

I'd rather we got a real quality centre midfielder to dictate out play. It's the next step for our side in my opinion. Someone with a presence but not like a Roy keane kind of way, more a xavi Alonso kind of way.

I don't think the modern game needs a hard man in midfield. City have yaya but wouldn't say he's a hard man, Chelsea don't have one, neither do united or barca or Real Madrid. It's old school now.

I'd rather we got a real quality centre midfielder to dictate out play. It's the next step for our side in my opinion. Someone with a presence but not like a Roy keane kind of way, more a xavi Alonso kind of way.

Not sure about that mate, Ramos and Pepe are ruthless most of the time, especially Pepe.

Thought for a while we need an aggressive intimidating presence in the side. Not talking about being dirty or playing outside of the rules but someone that could control little gobshites like Suarez.

I don't think there is anyone in the side with that kind of presence. Heits is the closest I suppose.

Quite a contrast to the team of the 'dogs of war' we had under Royle, who, Limpar aside, had a bite to their play and wouldn't take any liberties.

We don't need to focus on Suarez, we only play him again once this season. Yes, it's easy to attack this player some more, and while this thread was not necessarily intended, Suarez is not going to be much of a problem to us again this season, how other teams handle him is their business.

And with above responses, having a hard man of midfield seems a bit archaic from a 21st century perspective. I'd rather have the flair aspect of players at our disposal than any hatchet types or what was suggested in the initial post.

Someone to control gobshites like Suarez!...........try a decent ref.

We don't get the leeway from the referees to have that kind of tough guy. Imagine how many reds the likes of Rooney, Terry, and Suarez would have had at our club. Only need to compare Rooney's yellow count (who has gotten dirtier since he left imo) to see how biased the system is.

Gravesen? he couldnt tackle! i'd love Carsley back mind or Big Joe. I agree the hard man days are over unfortunately but midfield types of holding players we should be looking at are Banegra,McCarthy (wigan), Romaeu( chelsea- he would be an awesome signing)

Gravesen? he couldnt tackle! i'd love Carsley back mind or Big Joe. I agree the hard man days are over unfortunately but midfield types of holding players we should be looking at are Banegra,McCarthy (wigan), Romaeu( chelsea- he would be an awesome signing)

I thought Romeu was going to be a top player when he first started playing for Chelsea but he has gone backwards in my opinion and doesnt really do as much as he should.

IMO we have the best midfield 'hard man' type player in the country already and if Felli was playing in front of the back four then we would be a lot more solid through the middle. I bet Jags, Distin & Heitinga would love to have him there as well.

Not sure about that mate, Ramos and Pepe are ruthless most of the time, especially Pepe.

Sorry for the late reply.

Ramos and Pepe arent midfielders.

they're centre halves not midfielders

Sorry Marco, just catching up.

yeah i know that, and Ramos is a full back tongue.png it was just point out that Real do have some tough nuts unlike StevO said.

StevO said midfielders.

Edited by StevO

Just because its not en vogue doesn't mean there isn't a need for it. Granted the game has changed but you still need a leader with some steel that gets other players and the crowd going with a good fair challenge or a bollocking being dished out which is what we need imo especially the latter.

I'm going to keep saying his name until we sign him (or I spell it correctly)... Wanyama - he'd be the perfect holding mid beast for us allowing an advanced Fellaini!

Matthews at lb (although a rb naturally) looks like he could make it in the EPL at a high level.