IGNORED

Fellaini - Defensive Midfielder

Romey 1878

Taking in factors such as having a new gaffer, having another striker added to the team and also a new attacking midfielder (altough he is young and inexperienced), where do you think Fellaini will play next season? A more offensive or defensive role? Also, it would be interesting to see where people would like him to play, so post your opinion and preference below guys!

Personally, I think RM will push Fellaini back to a more defensive role with Gibson and have an anchorman and a deep lying playmaker.

Most of pre season he's played deeper next to Gibson. To be honest, they look like a great partnership sitting deep together, gives the third midfielder a lot more freedom. I think Osman, Pienaar and Barkley have all made a good start to pushing the third spot, that's before we see boy wonder get a chance there too!

Sounds like United might actually line up a bid. Fed up with the other deals not being done.

Fellaini must know by now that he's potentially Plan 'C'. He might not even want to go?

It'll be interesting that's for sure.

Have you seen some of the United fan responses to a potential bid for Felli, they are NOT happy at all and really don't want him. Part of me thinks Moyes might be better off sticking with what he has at the moment.

Felliani would be great at any other top 4 club other than united. I just feel that Moyes would find it too tough to resist sending him up behind RVP if he is struggling to break a team down, That would be like a red rag to a bull for Manc fans to deal with.

Felliani would be great at any other top 4 club other than united. I just feel that Moyes would find it too tough to resist sending him up behind RVP if he is struggling to break a team down, That would be like a red rag to a bull for Manc fans to deal with.

Out of the comments that i read(didn't read them all) that's what seems to be the big problem for a lot of them they are worried it will just turn into a long ball game.

I was no great fan of Moyes whilst he was manager, i think he could have and should have done more with what he had, but i do feel a bit for him at the moment. The writing seems to be on the wall for him before he has even started the job, if he's not of to a flyer then he could be gone by christmas imo as i really don't think the fans will stomach it.

Taking in factors such as having a new gaffer, having another striker added to the team and also a new attacking midfielder (altough he is young and inexperienced), where do you think Fellaini will play next season? A more offensive or defensive role? Also, it would be interesting to see where people would like him to play, so post your opinion and preference below guys!

Personally, I think RM will push Fellaini back to a more defensive role with Gibson and have an anchorman and a deep lying playmaker.

Never in a million years will Fellaini be deployed in a more offensive role under Martinez, unless we're absolutely desperate due to injuries.

He's brilliant as a deeper lying midfielder, and with Gibson being there with him it allows him freedom to roam as well, rather than be the anchor. If he stays then I expect him to have his best season for us.

I noticed the negative grumblings surrounding this potential transfer and noticed on the SSN website, there was a great article on there about it.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8848100/double-standards

In summary, the fan's opinion-

Sir Alex buys him last year - Great buy, fantastic player

David Moyes buys him this year - Waste of money, not good enough, never fit in our team. (forgetting Cleverly and Carrick are their only CM's...)

Never in a million years will Fellaini be deployed in a more offensive role under Martinez, unless we're absolutely desperate due to injuries.

He's brilliant as a deeper lying midfielder, and with Gibson being there with him it allows him freedom to roam as well, rather than be the anchor. If he stays then I expect him to have his best season for us.

Agree with this, when he is sat in front of the defenders he gives them so much more composure and the reliance to hoof it is gone, he is an expert at making himself available for a pass and to look after it. Martinez likes his teams to build from the back, ideal for Fellaini. Chelsea or Arsenal would be the perfect top 4 fit for him.

I noticed the negative grumblings surrounding this potential transfer and noticed on the SSN website, there was a great article on there about it.

David Moyes buys him this year - Waste of money, not good enough, never fit in our team. (forgetting Cleverly and Carrick are their only CM's...)

Do you think its because his stock was higher last year? I dont think he did himself any favours with red card, games where he wasnt bothered etc

There are too many United fans who know shit about football on the Internet making their genuine fans look like idiots. Anybody who thinks Fellaini wouldn't walk into their team is a loon. We should keep hold of our players and look to push on if a poultry 23m is all we would get for Mo.

There are too many United fans who know shit about football on the Internet making their genuine fans look like idiots. Anybody who thinks Fellaini wouldn't walk into their team is a loon. We should keep hold of our players and look to push on if a poultry 23m is all we would get for Mo.

I think if Real bid £100m for Bale, then in reality we should be saying that Baines and Fellainis price should go up. £22m Baines, £30m fellaini.

I think if Real bid £100m for Bale, then in reality we should be saying that Baines and Fellainis price should go up. £22m Baines, £30m fellaini.

I think Baines price should go up but not Fellaini's. As you said before Haf at times he looks like he can't be arsed(most of the second half of last season) he has wanted away(or his father has) from the club for the last few years so loyalty is no big thing to him. He can be petulant and has a poor disciplinary record, im not surprised more clubs havn't come in for him and i still think he will be here next season, his release clause of £24m is about the right price for him imo.

100m ? I thought it was 85. It's ridiculous. Bale has a good season and he becomes worlds most expensive player? Laughable.

The rumour is that Levy is holding out for the £100m mark. Gotta admire him, he would probably get us £5m for Naismith - he's that good.

I think Baines price should go up but not Fellaini's. As you said before Haf at times he looks like he can't be arsed(most of the second half of last season) he has wanted away(or his father has) from the club for the last few years so loyalty is no big thing to him. He can be petulant and has a poor disciplinary record, im not surprised more clubs havn't come in for him and i still think he will be here next season, his release clause of £24m is about the right price for him imo.

I think if he really wanted out so badly then he would have asked for a transfer request. I think he's been very loyal considering all the paper talk.

I think if he really wanted out so badly then he would have asked for a transfer request. I think he's been very loyal considering all the paper talk.

He's only going to do that if someone comes in for him and the club say no, he's always been linked but no one has ever come in for him and i think there are a few reasons tbh, such as the ones i listed above and others

Edited by Simon

He's only going to do that if someone comes in for him and the club say no, he's always been linked but no one has ever come in for him and i think there are a few reasons tbh, such as the ones i listed above and others

You make a good point, and I guess you're right -- no other clubs have made solid bids for him.

Maybe other clubs know what the buy out clause is and they know when they want to put a bid in and activate the clause and are busy doing their other deals? I don't agree with people that say Felli only turns up when he can be arsed. I think that Wigan game (which he was a disgrace) has clouded peoples judgement. All joking apart I was just thinking about figures for Felli etc how the fuck did we get £22 mill for Lescott? ha ha

100m ? I thought it was 85. It's ridiculous. Bale has a good season and he becomes worlds most expensive player? Laughable.

One hundred millions pounds ? Fucking ludicrous, and what is the game coming to ? Bale's a decent player, but anything more than 40 million would seem outrageous, and even that seems a little too high. I really have lost track of player valuations in recent years, it has got so far out of hand.

If the player in question is worth that asinine amount of money, then for the benefit of this thread, how much can we ideally get for Fellaini ?

Fergie would buy him for DM though making £24 mil a steal for Fellaini. DM would squander it, deploying him out of position, rather Baxter had the chance the last couple of years here and Felli sat.

Going off topic a little, but I'm sure SSN quoted it as around €150m (£126m) which is an absolute joke.

You could buy an entire club for that figure.

I'd sell him for £85m or whatever it is they've offered. Last year every thing he touched seemed to come off, and can't see him having another season like that.

With respect to Felli's value, it doesn't matter really what we think he's worth. We could value him at £100m, but his clause is £22-25m, so that's exactly what he's worth.