IGNORED

FA Cup draw

MikeO

Plenty of big clubs out the draw already so we have to be optimistic. I have a feeling Fergie really wants the FA cup this year though, he said in an interview the other day that they hadn't won it for 10 years and interestingly, Rio Ferdinand doesn't have an FA cup trophy..suprising really. Just hope we avoid them until the final!

My Dad wanted us to get Leeds United but I'm not sure if that's a good idea considering what happened last time. Oldham is a good draw IMO, we've beaten both Cheltenham and Bolton so we shouldn't worry too much. I'm just glad that Liverpool didn't win as they'd have tonked us out of the cup no doubt.

I think every lower team has the potential for a cup upset, Oldham had their's yesterday, can't see them repeating it in all honesty, same as Brentford, their chance was yesterday and they didn't unfortunately take it, they will get well and truly spanked in the replay at Stamford Bridge.

I think every lower team has the potential for a cup upset, Oldham had their's yesterday, can't see them repeating it in all honesty, same as Brentford, their chance was yesterday and they didn't unfortunately take it, they will get well and truly spanked in the replay at Stamford Bridge.

I'm thinking the same. Brentford will get beaten by a large scoreline in my opinion and Oldham will get the same from us, it's rare that teams like that repeat upsets.

You could google this...

I forgot all about when we played them a couple of years ago and we lost 0 - 1 at home on the day.

But first thing I thought of was 1990 and those fifth round games - they were much more enjoyable, even though we did eventally lose, but they had a very good side at the time with Royle. Ritchie, Palmer, Milligan, Marshall etc.

I do feel quietly confident about this year though.

And this...

World Rugby is chalk and cheese between European soccer and I don't know why you're comparing the two.

The thing is we can win this years FA Cup. Why Not ? We've got a favorable draw, have a good record in recent seasons, have a good side, that can play when they want to, and this fifth round draw (I remember 1990) against Oldham is a winnable fixture and there's been a few heavyweights eliminated thus far. It's been so long since we saw the club win a trophy, and there's been chances damn it since then, but above all else, I feel quietly optimistic above all else. They (Oldham) did well today, but I'd rather face them than Liverpool in the next rounds. This really does bring back memories of 23 years ago at the same stage for those old enough to remember. Back at the time, I was sure then we would have too much for them (best home record in the premier league as of March 1990) but they managed a replay, it was a draw at Goodison Park before we lost the second replay at their stadium.. They beat Aston Villa 3 - 0 in the next rounds before taking Manchester United to a replay in the semi-finals

I thought at the time they were good enough to beat Crystal Palace in that years final.

but not this?

I tried to register with an Oldham fan page, but they ask you "What team moved to Oldham town's ground in 1899 and thus created Oldham Athletic"

it's to keep out spamming, fair enough, but I'm not a fan of their club so how should I know. I don't really have the patience for this.

Are you suggesting I looked up scores and results from years back. I don't need to do no damn reference or search for past statistics when it's merely all I remember and was aware of. I got more results knowledge than you, or many could comprehend, I don't need to 'google' fucking results, it was only 23 years ago, and I remember it all like yesterday. Not bad for an american who knows nothing about 'soccer' right ? 'Google results', damn it

As for Oldham fan page, how the hell do I know where they were a century ago or who's team mascot etc. Not everyone who registers is going to a supporter of the club.

As for Oldham fan page, how the hell do I know where they were a century ago or who's team mascot etc. Not everyone who registers is going to a supporter of the club.

I'm on DK's side on this one. If they don't want bots and spammers getting in then just ask a simple question like 'What is 1+2' like most forums ask. To ask an in depth question about a football club that not many people give a toss about is absurd.

I'm on DK's side on this one. If they don't want bots and spammers getting in then just ask a simple question like 'What is 1+2' like most forums ask. To ask an in depth question about a football club that not many people give a toss about is absurd.

I don't necessarily agree with him, but I liked his overly agressive response :D

This can only work in our favour, hopefully they won't have anyone in place by the time we play them. The fact that they lost 3-1 against Wallsall fills me with confidence too and I'm really not worried at all about this tie. I've put the link below to BBC Sport which explains in a little more detail as to why Dickov resigned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21313686

• 2 weeks later...

We have a great opportunity to go a long way again - and it could have been Liverpool with a feasible chance, if they had beaten Athletic, but I don't want to be sitting here in a week or two discussing a home loss to this opposition and what may have been. We have to win.

City vs United is good, Millwall have a good chance of getting back to the final once again, and then I got confused as some fourth round games are clashing with fifth round games, but I'll take another look at this when time permits itself. All you can say, we have a good opportunity here to do well again. Moyes may even win something finally this year now - and will decide to stay on, but there's still the league to go for. That was a pleasing enough draw but there's still a long way to go but quietly confident.

Have a good night

Manchester City or United at home, are you really kidding me. We got a favorable draw. It's winnable. We have the capabilities to beat Oldham in the replay and Wigan Athletic on home soil, and take it from there. I couldn't be more pleased with what came out. My only concern, from previous experiences, is that we may not get into the next rounds and fuck the whole objective up, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we find it. We have a very good opportunity of getting back once again to the FA cup semi-finals. A lot of heavyweights are out and this does represent a decent opportunity. It's imperative this club wins something again after nearly two decades away. I'm quietly excited about this end of season.