IGNORED

John Heitinga

I think Heitinga was more concerned with which team gives him a better chance of earning a trip to Brazil and playing time there as opposed to which stadium holds a few thousand more fans. It's not like he was choosing between Barcelona and Sheffield Wednesday. Both teams are similar enough that it doesn't really matter.

Our argument was more about which club was the bigger, not about reasons for Heitinga. You are correct tho, im sure world cup is playing a big part in his choice.

His agent has definitely been talking about Roma for ages, but it looks as though he's not their first choice if this article has any foundation. With other clubs not exactly beating a path to sign him in this window or any previous ones, he could end up seeing out the season with us:

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/01/27/roma-make-heitinga-wait/

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/01/30/boss-gives-transfer-update

"He was given permission to have talks with a couple of clubs ... [but] he is somebody we didn't want to lose in the first place."

It's not ideal. Heitinga has maintained he wants to be playing in the World Cup, yet can't get past a 36 year old in Everton's defence.

Distin has been a rock in our defense. No wonder he can't get past him. Heck he can't even get past Alcaraz....

Guest blueboy122

Distin has been superb for us so there's no shame in that. I feel that we should keep hold though I don't believe that Alcarez can stay fit for the rest of the season.

Guest blueboy122

Alcaraz can barely stay fit for 45 minutes!

Well exactly I don't think it would be wise for us to let Johnny go unless we call Duffy back which I don't want as I want him to get as mush game time as possible

Guest blueboy122

Do you think that we could possibly loan him and then bring him back after his loan. I still think there's a player in there and one that could fit into our side. He could regain confidence and form at Fulham get the game time he needs that could take him to Brazil and then start a fresh with us after the World Cup.

Do you think that we could possibly loan him and then bring him back after his loan. I still think there's a player in there and one that could fit into our side. He could regain confidence and form at Fulham get the game time he needs that could take him to Brazil and then start a fresh with us after the World Cup.

He only has 6 months left on his contract though so we need to sell him now or risk losing him on a free...

Guest blueboy122

He only has 6 months left on his contract though so we need to sell him now or risk losing him on a free...

I know but I don't think Johnny wants to leave and think he is settled here. I believe there is a space in our team for him and think he has got the quality. Maybe we could say to him look Johhny go and get your game time, we don't want to see you go and would like to resign you in the summer.

I agree, I also think he has something else to offer but if he can't even get ahead of Alcaraz or Stones then what does that tell you. Even if he plays great at Fulham he wouldn't resign for Everton. He had a good season for us no doubt about that but after that he was unreliable. Lets keep on giving Stones the chance to step up. He is Evertons future. :)