IGNORED

John Heitinga

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25568426

Just shows how full if bullshit the Mirror is. Jonny agreed wages but Newcastle made a bigger bid? :/

a bidding war would be nice. maybe he just wants to go to a team that is high in the table and isn't going to be relegated though once he found out they were interested.

Edited by markjazzbassist

a bidding war would be nice. maybe he just wants to go to a team that is high in the table and isn't going to be relegated though once he found out they were interested.

Won't be much of a bidding war for a player w/6 months left. Who knows, I reckon West Ham is a mess in the dressing room right now.

Guest rusty747

I know Johnny wasn't on the pitch long yesterday but how did he play? It looks like Jelly has rediscovered his scoring boots and I was wondering if we might be able to play them both a bit if they stayed?

Johnny looked composed as usual. Will be sad to see him go.

Jela worked hard and has today said there's a chance he will stay, acknowledging the form of Rom. Someone's mentioned playing him against Norwich, and I agree. If he scores again, he may well have rediscovered his form but assuming he's done that after 2 goals against a very poor QPR is a bit knee jerk. Here's hoping the Jela when he first arrived is back, we could do with that boost!

A very nasty Everton fan on Twitter told me that Heitinga was "shite" and a "fraud"... Questioned Heitinga's professionalism. I couldn't believe it, as Heitinga was our best player in 2011/2012 and despite losing form and falling out of favor, Martinez has complimented him on his work ethic and professionalism. Sad to see him go, but a move would be best for both parties.

Guest blueboy122

That's disgusting why would anyone boo Johnny. He has been a true pro even though he hasn't been playing and he must be desperate to considering its World Cup year. I certainly would have been singing his name instead of booing him. Feel sorry for him really as I believe he likes it here in England and is settled but is being forced to move to play more.

I remember being in the Park End when Liverpool were close to buying him from Sunderland and he spooned a shot toward the PE, top row, only to hear our fans sing "Rafa sign him up, Rafa Rafa sign him up".

Only for him to waste a golden opportunity a couple of minutes later, to level the score; he smashes it wildly wide and the Sunderland fans start singing "Rafa sign him up, Rafa Rafa sign him up" :rofl: