IGNORED

John Heitinga

Sounds like Johnny could get us a halfway decent sum (not as much as we've paid him) but still a little something for the kitty. I can't wait till January when these rumours will disappear and well be able to see the action.

Contract is up at the end of the season so we'll be lucky to get more than one/one and a half million.

Get Heitinga out while Distin is near retirement? ohmy.png What are you going to do, line up Jags and Duffy and hope none gets injured?

I will miss Heitinga at the club. On the other hand he wasn't reliable some games he was unplayable like the Chelsea game in the FA cup first leg. Bossed Drogba off the park but then he has an absolute howler on other games. Jags and Distin are the most consistent players around and if Alcaraz can get ahead of Heitinga then what does that tell you. Martinez obviously knew he wanted him gone. 65,000 a week wages off our bills anyway. Good luck to him.

Martinez knows this and maybe he does trust Duffy or even Stones. Stones can play RCB or RB but Coleman is bossing that position. If you think about it if Distin retires we have Alcaraz, Duffy, Stones who can all play in that position. I would prefer Stones though :)

I will miss Heitinga at the club. On the other hand he wasn't reliable some games he was unplayable like the Chelsea game in the FA cup first leg. Bossed Drogba off the park but then he has an absolute howler on other games. Jags and Distin are the most consistent players around and if Alcaraz can get ahead of Heitinga then what does that tell you. Martinez obviously knew he wanted him gone. 65,000 a week wages off our bills anyway. Good luck to him.

Martinez knows this and maybe he does trust Duffy or even Stones. Stones can play RCB or RB but Coleman is bossing that position. If you think about it if Distin retires we have Alcaraz, Duffy, Stones who can all play in that position. I would prefer Stones though :)

Mirallas posted that almost a year ago!

The window is open, and West Ham boss Sam Allardyce confirms before kick-off that the club are hopeful of finalising a deal to sign Everton defender Johnny Heitinga in the next 24 hours.

He said: "We've had the ok from Everton and we're talking to his agent so hopefully that will happen in the next day or so."

A good signing Hammers fans? Maybe he can play up top?

Form the BBC

Plus Stones did well and looks more than capable to fill in when required.

Very much so. We have four CB's who all look like they can be first choice when given an opportunity. So letting Heitinga go is like bringing in free money because, even though it'll only be a pittance we won't have to spend it to replace him.

Because it's better to play players who will still be here in a weeks time.

My point was that article read like Martinez wants to give him a chance,I would rather play players who are staying too and glad stones played as it shows yet again he gives youth a chance

Guest blueboy122

He should go to Roma the type of football they play in the Italian league will suit him down to the ground its all about slow patient build ups.