IGNORED

John Heitinga

Yeah suppose that is a factor. Then again I'm not sure about how robertos 3-5-3 works, can't wait for pre season games now though. How we play against the likes of the european sides will be an interesting glimpse as to how martinez will want us playing.

probably not very well since we'd forefit games :D This would explain Wigans ability to leak goals, if the keeper is in midfield :P

• 1 month later...

What is it with our over the hills defenders heading to Turkey? Wages and weather? That said, the Daily Mail article is about the flimsiest pretense for a rumour I've seen in some time. Really wish Johnny boy had put in a performance or two this season to drum up some interest, because right now I just don't see anyone doing more than taking him off our books for a nominal fee. Hope I'm wrong.

http://www.turksvoetbal.net/fenerbahce/heitinga-hoopt-op-fenerbahce-170717939

John Heitinga hopes Fenerbahçe reports again to Everton. According to British media wants the defender to leave Everton.
From Turkey's renewed interest for the central defender. Fenerbahçe was already associated with Heitinga, who now seems to be interested seriously. According to The Daily Mail wants the Turkish club - where Dirk Kuyt is active - to engage in the coming Heitinga. The defensive strength has a contract for one year. Everton

everywhere seems to be quoting the daily fail as their source! if ever there was proof that journos are lazy...

http://www.everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=325223

However the report doesn't seem to take into account the new limit on foreign players that the Turkish Football Federation are introducing for the new season.
The new rules only permits six foreign players in a sides playing eleven, with only 10 non-Turkish players on the books at anyone time.
Fenerbahçe reportedly have eleven non-Turkish players which has led to previous speculation over Yobo's own future.

interesting!

Edited by Matt

• 1 month later...

He can sign a pre-contract in January can't he? If I was him I'd give it a few months under Martinez and if it wasn't working out, pick up a nice fat signing on fee somewhere else.

No doubt if that's the case we'll be desperately trying to get a fee from anyone in January.

On his day he is easily the best defender we have, problem is those days have been few and far between bar one freak season resulting in his player of the season award. A move is probably the best option for both parties imo.

Some folk on here do make me laugh though, how can you say you want to move on from Moyes hoofball then say you want rid of a defender like Heitinga? He is exactly the type of defender we need to play this new system

Guest blueboy122

After being our player of the season he was then shafted out by Moyes which had a huge impact on his confidence and was used sparingly when he wasn't exactly upto match speed and often used as a utility man in the midfeild etc and people wonder where the real Johnny is... He is in there am sure of that that's why I want to see him stay and reach his potential here as I feel we owe him that chance after what Moyes did to him.

Guest blueboy122

Yes Simon but first and foremost, he has to be able to defend. The clue is in the title.... We didnt buy a 'calm on the ball, good passer. We thought we'd bought a defender.

Is there no such player as a defender who is confident on the ball?

That's alright then. He had single handedly cost us games, but if he give 100% then that's alright then..... Wonder if these people say the same for naismith if he stays behind to sign a few shirts.

Howard, Distin, Jags have all single-handedly cost us games too, to name but 3. They were given the chance to redeem themselves, whereas Heitinga was dropped and ignored.

The key attribute you want in defending is consistency. It's all and well seeing the odd game where Johnny looks like a rolls royce, and when he has those games he's impressive. Unfortunately Johnny goes asleep Yobo style, can't afford that.

For me a player of his age, and wage needs moving on. We have alcaraz and stones as cover.

The key attribute you want in defending is consistency. It's all and well seeing the odd game where Johnny looks like a rolls royce, and when he has those games he's impressive. Unfortunately Johnny goes asleep Yobo style, can't afford that.

For me a player of his age, and wage needs moving on. We have alcaraz and stones as cover.

agree that it's time he left for his own sake, just amazed at how people have written him off, he deserves a bit of recognition. At the same time, I'd happily see him stay another 2 years too.

I'd have him ahead of Alcaraz, but not Stones or Duffy because I think the team would benefit more from bringing the youth in.