IGNORED

John Heitinga

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/evertons-john-heitinga-planning-january-2316780

So long then, Johnny. Thanks for the memories and best of luck, wherever you end up

I find it irritating that club players who are concerned with playing in the World Cup once every 4 years think they should get a starting place in a team. Why don't they have a starting place? It's because they have not been convincing enough to retain their place.

Are they going to play better now because they want to get the call up, because if that is the case then why not do it for the club every week?

I don't listen to the press, so unless I hear a player actually comment then I tend to write it off as media spin, so probably best not to judge Heitinga via articles on the net unless he is seen to comment.

For me, priority should be the club, and the WC is a bonus reward.

I find it irritating that club players who are concerned with playing in the World Cup once every 4 years think they should get a starting place in a team. Why don't they have a starting place? It's because they have not been convincing enough to retain their place.

Are they going to play better now because they want to get the call up, because if that is the case then why not do it for the club every week?

I don't listen to the press, so unless I hear a player actually comment then I tend to write it off as media spin, so probably best not to judge Heitinga via articles on the net unless he is seen to comment.

For me, priority should be the club, and the WC is a bonus reward.

He's not saying that he should have a place though...

“At the moment I’m not in contention to be selected.

“Roberto Martinez has said Phil Jagielka and Sylvain Distin are his first-choice central defenders. It is good to have clarity.

“But it’s going to be a big task for me to get back into the first team.”

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ill miss Johnny but selling now is the correct thing to do.

He is a hell of a lot better than folks on here seem to think. (Apart from a few) i was overjoyed when we signed him, ill be sad when he goes.

What happened though? Something must have happened that we dont know about? Look forward to his book. (If he writes one)

Ill miss Johnny but selling now is the correct thing to do.

He is a hell of a lot better than folks on here seem to think. (Apart from a few) i was overjoyed when we signed him, ill be sad when he goes.

What happened though? Something must have happened that we dont know about? Look forward to his book. (If he writes one)

Good player. Needs to move on though. He had one bad season with us (last year) and the talking heads on this board forget his quality. Of course they don't remember 11/12 when he was one of our best 2-3 players.

• 3 weeks later...