IGNORED

John Heitinga

The guy who is tweeting all the pics of the Tenerife training camp says that he's spoken to Heitinga, who favours a move abroad IF he leaves, and that there's nothing in the Newcastle story. Then again what else is Heitinga supposed to say whilst he's still contracted, he wouldn't confirm unofficially even if he was close to signing for somebody

Guest blueboy122

Would be pleased to see him moving to Roma, think he is a top player and will show in Italy his full potential as I don't think his game suits the PL. Roma would seem like a perfect fit.

http://talksport.com/football/roma-ready-launch-another-bid-wantaway-everton-defender-14011675899?

I think he would rather go to Roma than another English club. Roma are second in the league at the moment and it might be a better option as they could get champions league football.

It is only the first two places in series A isnt it?

http://talksport.com/football/roma-ready-launch-another-bid-wantaway-everton-defender-14011675899?

I think he would rather go to Roma than another English club. Roma are second in the league at the moment and it might be a better option as they could get champions league football.

It is only the first two places in series A isnt it?

Think it's three.....was four until recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to choose between Galatasaray and AS Roma in terms of average attendance for 2012/13 with Galatasaray having @ 1,000 higher attendance. Roma have by far the bigger stadium for now, sharing the Stadio Olimpico (capacity over 70,000) with Lazio, but they're looking to build their own 55,000 seater (just bigger than Galatasaray's) but Galatasaray have a far greater worldwide fan base, amounting to some 25 million, so in those terms Galatasaray are way bigger than Roma, if that matters.

Heitinga seems to like a loud crowd and he'll certainly get that at the Turk Telekom Arena!

I think Heitinga was more concerned with which team gives him a better chance of earning a trip to Brazil and playing time there as opposed to which stadium holds a few thousand more fans. It's not like he was choosing between Barcelona and Sheffield Wednesday. Both teams are similar enough that it doesn't really matter.

Edited by thoward18