Southampton (H)...Nikica Jelavic

Leeds (A)...Victor Anichebe

Swansea (A)...Victor Anichebe

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Leyton Orient (H)...Kevin Mirallas

Aston Villa (A)...Steven Pienaar

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

I know I'm going to be in the minority but I went with Fellaini. Great shot that set up Jelavic's opening goal and Cheltenham just couldn't mark him the entire match (resulting in, among other things, the PK). After those two goals the game was essentially over. The last goal was just gravy on top for me. Osman was excellent as well and I don't blame anyone for picking him instead.

These player of the season totals only represent the totals. Not the average performance per game (some players play less due to injuries). We don't really have a rating for that, but Sky Sports has one. They'd rate our top 10 players based on average performance like this:

1. Marouane Fellaini: 7.5
  2. Kevin Mirallas: 7.2
  3. Leighton Baines: 7.1
  4. Steven Pienaar: 7.1
  5. Leon Osman: 6.8
  6. Victor Anichebe: 6.8
  7. Phil Jagielka: 6.7
  8. Silvain Distin: 6.7
  9. Nikica Jelavic: 6.6
  10. Tim Howard: 6.5

Which is kind of an interesting contrast with our ratings. Coleman is way more popular here than he is on Sky Sports, where he gets an average rating of 6. Mirallas is all the way up in second place, but if he played as much as Fellaini and Baines do, I'd suspect him to be somewhere up there on our list as well. Otherwise, it's pretty similar. Although on here there seems to be a big gap between Jags and Distin, where Sky rates them equally.

Edited by Mirallas

I voted for Seamus as i thought he had a consistent game and was one of the players that looked confident.

Although Osman played well i thought he got caught out too many times in the first half and lost posession due to lower league players not respecting him enough. In the second half this changed dramatically.

The same for Felli. i think they did there homework and thought " let him chest it and then poke the ball away from him ". again second half he was better.

Anichebe had another productive game i thought. didnt seem to work hard but in bursts was a handful.

But overall i thought seamus defended well ( seems to be a much better defender this year ), was calm on the ball. tried tricks to beat oponents and scored a lovely goal.

I voted for Seamus as i thought he had a consistent game and was one of the players that looked confident.

Although Osman played well i thought he got caught out too many times in the first half and lost posession due to lower league players not respecting him enough. In the second half this changed dramatically.

The same for Felli. i think they did there homework and thought " let him chest it and then poke the ball away from him ". again second half he was better.

Anichebe had another productive game i thought. didnt seem to work hard but in bursts was a handful.

But overall i thought seamus defended well ( seems to be a much better defender this year ), was calm on the ball. tried tricks to beat oponents and scored a lovely goal.

I think seamus was badly at fault for their goal to be honest Shukes. He already had Jags closing off the outside behind him and he chose to show his man inside which led to the goal.

Great goal he scored himself but he needs to get a defensive brain.

you know what i had completely forgot about thier goal. ye your right.

I think i concentrated too much on his attacking side on a night where we seemed to want to protect our goals against a team that were on the roped.

20 mins to go and howard is standing on the ball to waste time?

Neville held the ball for 10 seconds before turning and passing backwards?

I do hope this is not a sign of moyes getting a bit of a nosebleed and thinking to protect now!