IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Dire contract situation :lol:. Fuck me, what bollocks.

Didn't we activate an extra year for Doucoure this summer? Mina, Coleman, Allan, Rondon and Begovic can all run down their contracts and some of them would be doing us a favour by doing so. Davies would probably sign a new deal and even if he didn't it wouldn't be a great loss.

You'd think we had the likes of Pickford, Godfrey, DCL in the last year of their deals. Sensationalism at it's absolute worst. Fuck. Off.

My thoughts exactly.

Fuck me that’s a depressing read. The ineptitude of “the powers that be” who make decisions for our club knows no bounds. We make up one half of a vibrant, inclusive, energised city and as per usual the dumb fucks in charge neglect to take any opportunity to place our club front and centre. I travel regularly through John Lennon Airport (as I live away) and never realised there was no Everton merch on sale (I buy online or when I come home). It’s a absolute disgrace in this modern age

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

We're back to pre-Moshiri days here, i.e. absolutely skint. Which makes me think we're back to the same "last hour of the transfer window to get the best deal" tactics we had under Bill.

Wouldn’t surprise me if a takeover is still going on and Moshiri doesn’t want to spend any money. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

We're just being our usual selves.

Same as we’ve been for decades. Some things don’t change. 

There was that one summer where we signed loads of players early and quickly. Shame most of them didn’t last, apart from Pickford and Keane. 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

Same as we’ve been for decades. Some things don’t change. 

There was that one summer where we signed loads of players early and quickly. Shame most of them didn’t last, apart from Pickford and Keane. 

It pisses me off every summer though. We always leave it late instead of just getting our business done.

In my opinion you get the bulk of your incomings and outgoings done as soon as possible. That gives you time to work with them before the season starts and will then give you the best opportunity for a good start to the season.

45 minutes ago, StevO said:

Apparently not according to reports yesterday. 

Strange how stories change so much in 24hrs, if your reports are correct it would be nice to see some action on the transfer front, instead of paying huge wages for players on a free because there past it or not good enough to be taken by those we are trying to keep up with. If we have money to spend then let’s get on with it, and if we don’t have money to spend or aren’t able to, then I get why we are were we are waiting for players on a free who are waiting for a better offer than us, before they commit. 

Since the beginning of May we have had  53 players in rumours, including Twitter and without a link rumours we could be well into a hundred since beginning of May with 1 mentioned secured. This made me start to think and my conclusion was Everton rumours is largely full of bollocks😂

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It pisses me off every summer though. We always leave it late instead of just getting our business done.

In my opinion you get the bulk of your incomings and outgoings done as soon as possible. That gives you time to work with them before the season starts and will then give you the best opportunity for a good start to the season.

What makes you think it’s not done as soon as possible though? We will have identified players long in advance as all clubs of this level do. It’s not as if we just say we want to sound someone and two days later it’s. You need to convince the player, negotiate with his team, do a medical etc.. We don’t have the pull of some other teams so it’s not as simple as going to the market and picking out what you want. In some cases we are going to have to look at our 3rd, 4th, 5th option at a position. It’s not normally going to be a case of the club being lazy or unprepared. On top of that the club will get criticized if it spends too much so we aren’t likely to take the first deal offered. The process is a lot more complicated than it seems. We get inpatient because we don’t see that ongoing process, we just see the signings other clubs make and the 1000 baseless rumors from the media.

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

Since the beginning of May we have had  53 players in rumours, including Twitter and without a link rumours we could be well into a hundred since beginning of May with 1 mentioned secured. This made me start to think and my conclusion was Everton rumours is largely full of bollocks😂

Should make you question whether the media know we are desperate for signings so we are very easy to click bait at the moment.