IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Thanks Mike, Shukes that's the mistake I made with my youngest he qas too young. Jake was 6 and three quarters when he truely started appreciating it and Sam is the same age as that now and he's now hooked soI reckon close to 7 is when they're ready to start going.

Told the story before but Josh was eight when I first took him. Bristol City away in the league cup 2004; went to penalties after we'd been 2-0 up at half time and McFadden missed a late pen. They scored first then Steve Watson's was saved, Josh burst into tears :lol:(well it was way past his bed-time by then, he was exhausted). Luckily we turned it round and won the shoot-out 4-3. Then he fell asleep in the car on the way home and I had to carry him to bed. Great memory.

Im in a similar situation. I need a seat for my daughter but have been told I will have to wait until May 11th before they release any seats

You should have done what I did, I just bought a ticket anywhere then requested a move straight away you get first choice before they go on general then.

Told the story before but Josh was eight when I first took him. Bristol City away in the league cup 2004; went to penalties after we'd been 2-0 up at half time and McFadden missed a late pen. They scored first then Steve Watson's was saved, Josh burst into tears :lol:(well it was way past his bed-time by then, he was exhausted). Luckily we turned it round and won the shoot-out 4-3. Then he fell asleep in the car on the way home and I had to carry him to bed. Great memory.

Jake burst out crying at Arsenal home this season, we were 2 up and cruising he was prattling on how easy Arsenal are to beat literally saying it when they scored their first, his lip trembled when the second went in and he just burst out crying stating it was his fault for saying Arsenal were easy and if he'd kept his mouth shut we would have won :lol:

Mrs Matts first game was watching us vs Arsenal in an Ashford hotel. I was, of course, sitting with my shirt on right in front of the TV and had a wedding party full of Arsenal fans behind me.

Went the loo at 3-0 and game back at 5 - 0.... Still celebrated Sahas goal as if we'd won.

C stuck with me despite that. Should've known there was something wrong with her then :lol:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fair-play.html

Could we make Europa League via fair play?

I hope we don't.

That's only down to having to play a few qualifying rounds first. I firmly believe we need EL football if we're to ever progress to CL football, and I don't follow that playing in the EL this season is the cause for our poor season (it's just an excuse). But those qualifying rounds we'd have to play if we qualified in this way really would harm our hopes for next season.

I hope we don't.

That's only down to having to play a few qualifying rounds first. I firmly believe we need EL football if we're to ever progress to CL football, and I don't follow that playing in the EL this season is the cause for our poor season (it's just an excuse). But those qualifying rounds we'd have to play if we qualified in this way really would harm our hopes for next season.

I still maintain that the qualifying rounds would be more effective preseason training than meaningless friendlies.

I still maintain that the qualifying rounds would be more effective preseason training than meaningless friendlies.

It's a fair point, and a valid one, I just don't agree with it. I think having to be so intense that early on may benefit us initially, but I reckon it'd cost us later in the season.

With us tending to be slow starters and good finishers, it might just mean we do it the opposite way round though and not really make much difference!

It's a fair point, and a valid one, I just don't agree with it. I think having to be so intense that early on may benefit us initially, but I reckon it'd cost us later in the season.

With us tending to be slow starters and good finishers, it might just mean we do it the opposite way round though and not really make much difference!

Unlikely to happen anyway mate, best just get yourself comfortable for the summer transfer sagas than worry about this!

we're not going to do the man united and have a kit of the color opposite us? i hate that they have a blue kit, disgrace. might as well just have one in every color by that logic.

They've had a blue change kit on and off for more than a hundred years, don't see a problem. It's completely different from City's blue.

They've had a blue change kit on and off for more than a hundred years, don't see a problem. It's completely different from City's blue.

they are the red devils are they not? it's just stupid. like man city having an off red kit, why would you have a kit the color of many of your enemies (chelsea, man city, everton)?

i would be livid if everton came out with a red kit, i hate that color.

they are the red devils are they not? it's just stupid. like man city having an off red kit, why would you have a kit the color of many of your enemies (chelsea, man city, everton)?

Totally agree, in fact I don't own anything red.

The Shite did have a blue & white away kit but if we ever brought out a red kit I would join the Blue Union and take out a Scouse Jihad against BK, Umbro and the fooker who designed the kit

We've had several pink/purple kits; which is as close to red as United's shirt is to City's sky-blue.

We also had red "first" shirts for four years in the nineteenth century (at the time Liverpool were formed....playing in blue).

Of course we'll never have a properly red shirt again but United having a blue one is completely different and their fans have no problem with it.

We've had several pink/purple kits; which is as close to red as United's shirt is to City's sky-blue.

We also had red "first" shirts for four years in the nineteenth century (at the time Liverpool were formed....playing in blue).

Of course we'll never have a properly red shirt again but United having a blue one is completely different and their fans have no problem with it.

thanks for the history mike. yes the purple pink i get, and to your argument you're right that could be considered a shade of red, fair enough. i think for me "red devils" with a blue kit is just non-sense, but like you said they've done it for a while so it's normal for them. yeah i remember looking at all the kits through time and remember the red one and liverpool had a blue, funny really i guess.

thanks for the history mike. yes the purple pink i get, and to your argument you're right that could be considered a shade of red, fair enough. i think for me "red devils" with a blue kit is just non-sense, but like you said they've done it for a while so it's normal for them. yeah i remember looking at all the kits through time and remember the red one and liverpool had a blue, funny really i guess.

The very first Merseyside derby was won by the team in red, which was us.

The very first Merseyside derby was won by the team in red, which was us.

:) reminds me of where i went to university, they had an american football program in the 60's but it stopped in 1969 due to finance. the last game they played they won. The university still makes "Cleveland State University Football" shirts with the back of the shirt saying "Undefeated since 1969", clever.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/evertonians-shouldnt-complain-havent-billionaire-9217274

Good to see The Echo pushing their usual agenda of lowering the expectations and ambitions of Evertonians.

everton should be fine without a billionaire, but liverpool can't be, we must have one, it is our birthright. BS article, the Echo seems to be printing more and more crap lately, new owner? new agenda?