IGNORED

Ashley Williams

I can't see this happening either, he will take up too much of our budget. As mentioned, alcaraz on a free and even selling Heitinga would give us:- Jags, Distin, Heitinga, Duffy. Unless he doesn't see Distin or Duffy as being in his plans.

Thats said we could get £5-£6m for Heitinga, with the money saved on Heitingas wages that could supplement the increased fee for williams. We'll see eh.

I think he's quality! But he looks like Arsenal all over to me.

SteveO, what have we learnt over the past years? Arsenal don't get the guys they want. Remember how EFC won the race for Mirallas against Arsenal.

Because he would play more at Everton right. Williams would walk into the Arsenal side.

I'd be interested in the West Ham defender Whinston Reid.

Winston is a good young Kiwi who has come on by leaps and bounds this past season. Seems pretty solid to me even against the top players...has had the odd moment of strangeness, but playing for the Hammers....who wouldn't have? A stand-out player in a team of striking ordinariness.

NZ hasn't had a long footballing history as such...most of their better players were only fringe-players in the Prem and Europe. I see that Ryan Nelsen (ex-Blackburn) is coaching MLS with Toronto FC.

Ashley Williams is just the latest flash in the pan. Don't need him when Alcatraz is free, first money spent needs to be on a left sided attack mid to replace/cover peanuts

Oviedo. L M ?? I think we should see a bit more of him, and also Stones the R B.

Edited by Bill

Oviedo. L M ?? I think we should see a bit more of him, and also Stones the R B.

Osman can also play on LM if need be but I agree that Oviedo should be given more game time. I don't think we need a winger because if need be we could play Stones as RB. Coleman on the wing, Mirallas on the left. Substitute with Oviedo or Pienaar, Osman.

Osman can also play on LM if need be but I agree that Oviedo should be given more game time. I don't think we need a winger because if need be we could play Stones as RB. Coleman on the wing, Mirallas on the left. Substitute with Oviedo or Pienaar, Osman.

Oviedo is a left back, Coleman is a right back (and wasn't cutting it when he was playing on the wing the season before last), everytime Osman plays on the wing people have to say "well, you know, he isn't really a winger" so can he really play on the wing then? Pienaar is 31 as well, we definitely need to add a winger imo.

Yeah but what I was meaning is that if we don't buy a winger in this transfer window it isn't the end of the world. What we need is a striker who will score us 20 goals. There isn't anything wrong with the delivery in the box. Coleman won't play every single game as RB next season as Hibbo will be fit again and Stones will get playing time. So if we are winning I can see Martinez pushing Coleman up and putting Hibbo or Stones on.

Coleman is playing well as RB but what I was meaning is we need him he would be okay to play as a RM that was all.

Yeah but what I was meaning is that if we don't buy a winger in this transfer window it isn't the end of the world. What we need is a striker who will score us 20 goals. There isn't anything wrong with the delivery in the box. Coleman won't play every single game as RB next season as Hibbo will be fit again and Stones will get playing time. So if we are winning I can see Martinez pushing Coleman up and putting Hibbo or Stones on.

Coleman is playing well as RB but what I was meaning is we need him he would be okay to play as a RM that was all.

I agree that a striker is the main priority, but I do think a winger is a close second. I also don't see why Coleman wouldn't play every single game (when he's available) at right back? He's better at it than Hibbert, so he should always start at that position.

I also don't think Coleman is good enough as a winger. If we don't buy a winger, we're going to see Steven Naismith on the wing again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The only way we're signing him is if we sell Stones and Williams is his replacement. There is no way he's going to go from first choice at Swansea and their captain (I think?) to being third choice here. None.

And tbh, I wouldn't want him as Stones' replacement. Two old timers at the back is not my idea of progress, it's a backward step.

The only way we're signing him is if we sell Stones and Williams is his replacement. There is no way he's going to go from first choice at Swansea and their captain (I think?) to being third choice here. None.

And tbh, I wouldn't want him as Stones' replacement. Two old timers at the back is not my idea of progress, it's a backward step.

Fully agree bar his age being a slight downside he's a starter for most sides in this league

Yer that's my thoughts. He is defo Swanseas captain he wont come here and leave that to sit on the bench.

Not a chance so if there really is legs inthis I would imagine Stones is off.