IGNORED

FIFA Under 20 World Cup

c1982

That's like saying if the keeper would have dived the other way for a penalty he would have saved it :dry: good confident finish over the keeper. How many times have you seen Vic go one on one and hit the keepers legs?

No its not. The Keeper should have stayed big but instead he went down far too early. Put it this way, most top flight keepers would have saved it. Im all up for players lifting the ball over the keepers legs but that was right over his body, more or less down the centre of the goal.

Yeah the starting line up has 4 centre midfielders in ward-prowse, coady, barkley and lundstram. Although ross barkley best position is arguably attacking midfielder I'm not sure where he's playing at the moment is he playing left midfield or attacking midfield?

Yeah the starting line up has 4 centre midfielders in ward-prowse, coady, barkley and lundstram. Although ross barkley best position is arguably attacking midfielder I'm not sure where he's playing at the moment is he playing left midfield or attacking midfield?

I thinks it's a 4-1-4-1:

gk

rb cb cb lb

holding midfielder

Lundstram rcm Barkley lw

striker

Lundstram coming off after 68 minutes. Got a yellow card for having a shot on goal after the whistle. Showed some good flashes, sped the game up with some one touch football, but I don't think he's suited to the role he was expected to play.

Edited by Steve_E

yes i always worry about his attitude when trying to get back behind the ball, always just a casual jog.

But what about everytime he had the ball today. The first 30 minutes he showed some great touches and good runs but occasionally was guilty of the first team errors again....letting the ball bounce of his knees and such.

But second half when Iraq came more into the game i thought he was vital for England. excellent ball retention, sharp turning and great runs forward. i even think it was a mistake talking him of as we needed his calmness on the ball to hold out. he was a great outlet tonight. cant wait for wednesday now to see him again.

It's exciting being an Everton fan again.

Lundstrum was pretty poor in the second half but i agree it was more down to position.

And what about Long when he came on, lovely strike and almost a goal.

Now lets get Stones and Garbutt on to plug some holes in what was a nervous leaky defence.

yes i always worry about his attitude when trying to get back behind the ball, always just a casual jog.

But what about everytime he had the ball today. The first 30 minutes he showed some great touches and good runs but occasionally was guilty of the first team errors again....letting the ball bounce of his knees and such.

But second half when Iraq came more into the game i thought he was vital for England. excellent ball retention, sharp turning and great runs forward. i even think it was a mistake talking him of as we needed his calmness on the ball to hold out. he was a great outlet tonight. cant wait for wednesday now to see him again.

It's exciting being an Everton fan again.

Lundstrum was pretty poor in the second half but i agree it was more down to position.

And what about Long when he came on, lovely strike and almost a goal.

Now lets get Stones and Garbutt on to plug some holes in what was a nervous leaky defence.

All of Long's touches after that shot were completely off though.

I agree when he had the ball but some of his tracking back was awful.....when in a position to defend he just stopped. Needs to work on that.

That's the kind of stuff that can still be worked on though. You can't teach 20-year-olds technical ability anymore.

Edited by Steve_E

2-2 against Iraq, that's bloody poor as we could have easily won that if Kane could just have finished that effort

Got nothing to do with me, was down in Portsmouth this night.

Trying to have a soccer free close season but it appears even that is not possible. Let me understand this. Junior teams in a junior competition, not going well, a disappointing draw for the english against opposition you really should be beating ? Doesn't sound too disimilar from the senior side. What's the progress on this and what stage are you at. These kids are supposed to be your future. I could detect one or two frustrations.