IGNORED

Macnelly Torres

Looks like a much better version of Arteta to me. I assume Bobby is tying up the paperwork as we speak. Also didn't realize that Colombia are ranked 7th in the world.

Didn't look a large lad, and according to Wiki he's 5'7 1/2. Might struggle a bit in the Premier league with the pace and power would be my worry, but if we keep Felli or have another monster in the middle to do the dirty work Torres certainly looks like he could play the distributor. Bet Jelly would love to link up with him. Through balls remind me of the stuff Modric plays through for him with Croatia.

No work permit issue, 2 million, seems as safe a gamble as you'll find in today's market.

I really wouldn't worry about his size, from Zola to David Silva, short players have had plenty of influence on the premier league.

If he's good enough, he's big enough!

And for £2m he's got to be worth a risk for a starter in a 7th rank side.

Looks like one of them Swansea signings. Don't underestimate Columbian league players though. My home team bought striker Bacca from a columbian team, in his first full season he became top scorer and instant best player of the bunch and is now highly wanted by Sevilla, Valencia and some others.

Looks like a much better version of Arteta to me. I assume Bobby is tying up the paperwork as we speak. Also didn't realize that Colombia are ranked 7th in the world.

Didn't look a large lad, and according to Wiki he's 5'7 1/2. Might struggle a bit in the Premier league with the pace and power would be my worry, but if we keep Felli or have another monster in the middle to do the dirty work Torres certainly looks like he could play the distributor. Bet Jelly would love to link up with him. Through balls remind me of the stuff Modric plays through for him with Croatia.

No work permit issue, 2 million, seems as safe a gamble as you'll find in today's market.

Why would we assume that ?

He wouldn't be on massive wages either. low risk signing at £2M. Even if he was used as an impact sub in a game that we needed something extra.

If he turned out as a of a flop not a massive investment at a squad player price. it's possible he could turn out to be a little gem.

From what I've heard he's a bit of a poor man's Riquelme (not intended as an insult). Good eye for a pass, decent shot and technically gifted, but small, slow and not the fittest player in this professionally era of football.

Would be a quite a gamble to bring him in, but one that might be worth taking at the right price.

From what I've heard he's a bit of a poor man's Riquelme (not intended as an insult). Good eye for a pass, decent shot and technically gifted, but small, slow and not the fittest player in this professionally era of football.

Would be a quite a gamble to bring him in, but one that might be worth taking at the right price.

Similar to Snodgrass?

Similar to Snodgrass?

Find it hard to draw that link when one's an old school no. 10 and the other a robust winger. Of players we've been recently linked to I'd say he's more comparable to Honda. Lacks the zip of Honda, while he isn't as classy on the ball and is generally not as balanced a player as the Japanese mid though. To give you a rudimentary idea of the differences in opinion I hold of them if we were to sign Macnelly my interest would be piqued, if we signed Honda however it'd definitely produce some fist pumping :P