IGNORED

Mohamad Diame

He plays more in behind or even on the wing than he does in front of the defense.

Yes but that's square peg round hole. I've watched a fair amount of west ham games and it's always said big Sam is playing him on the winger but he doesn't want to be there and is a central midfielder.

Yes but that's square peg round hole. I've watched a fair amount of west ham games and it's always said big Sam is playing him on the winger but he doesn't want to be there and is a central midfielder.

Even when he isn't played on the wing, he still doesn't play in a double pivot and he isn't a double pivot kind of guy for me. You'd be limiting his main strenghts, being his use of his physicality and drive to cause mayhem up front, and you're exposing his weaknesses, i.e. his tactical awareness and discipline.

Edited by Steve_E

Guest Nikica

Even when he isn't played on the wing, he still doesn't play in a double pivot and he isn't a double pivot kind of guy for me. You'd be limiting his main strenghts, being his use of his physicality and drive to cause mayhem up front, and you're exposing his weaknesses, i.e. his tactical awareness and discipline.

Agreed, better going forward than defensively. That's why he reminds me of the current version of Yaya Toure - should be played further forward to wreak havoc.

• 3 months later...

I would be ecstatic with this I love Diame he's a brilliant player but I'd be amazed if this was true . One place we don't need a player is central midfield unless he's offloading Gibson as being whispered.

For 3.5 million he would be the steal of the window he's a beast of a player and can dictate games.

Love him.

It's a shame it is Goal.com, they are the worst at making up a transfer story. Here are some stories that came from Goal.com first....

'EXCLUSIVE: Hull City agree deal for Arsenal defender Jenkinson' - July 28.
'EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal open talks over Schneiderlin move' - July 18.
'EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea have stepped up their pursuit of £60m-rated Juve midfielder Paul Pogba' - June 28.
'EXCLUSIVE: Arsene Wenger to hold Mario Balotelli talks ahead of £25m Arsenal move' - June 18.
'EXCLUSIVE: Louis van Gaal wants Patrice Evra to stay at Manchester United' - May 20

EXCLUSIVE', August 11: 'Chelsea have made a shock enquiry for Queens Park Rangers forward Loic Remy following Didier Drogba's injury, Goal understands.'

EXCLUSIVEAugust 20: 'Chelsea cool interest in QPR striker Remy.

Until it comes from BBC/Skysports then I will start to believe something in the rumor. Until then, not so much. We are getting linked to everyone at the moment. Cleverley will come up again and it will be a goal exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...