IGNORED

Valencia

Louis

I may be wrong but I think we are playing Valencia, Valencia lost to Milan 2-1 earlier in the comp and the first tie-break criteria is head-to-head.

Milan can't go below Valencia because of the head-to-head record and Valencia can't earn any more points as they have played their games.

Seen a bit of a storm about this on Twitter with blues crying foul on the organisers, saying we've been disrespected and mistreated. Fair shout but to be honest, I'm just glad we've had a chance to play the teams we have. We lost, so if were not playing for the trophy I couldn't give two shits what place they say we finished. The chance to play Juventus, Real and a Milan in a preseason is enough for me.

We lost because of the 'ensure Real Madrid win' strategy of the organizers and refs.

Galaxy lost their first round match 3-1 and won their 2nd (probably after giving Juventus a bung) 3-1

We won our first match 5-4 after pens and a disallowed goal and lost 2-1 after a disallowed goal + a pen not given, and an offside goal given against us. Not really sure how we are behind Galaxy. It just means we were screwed over 3 times.

In all seriousness, whilst this competition is not that important the fact that the officials have worked to progress Madrid is an absolute disgrace and frightens me. It is so clear cut and morally wrong. What is happening to the game?! If it can happen in a competition like this then it adds credence to the fact the UEFA conspired to have Everton facing an impossible task to beat Villareal when Collina denied a perfectly good goal.

The club needs to start kicking back at the injustices we face. From Man United poaching Moyes, to referees using us as a means of push overs. We need to stand up to this. It will continue to happen.

I would too but by doing that we would probably get a fine and wouldn't really have a defence because clearly the organisers can do whatever the fuck they like. We should play the Valencia, come home and then urge any others teams not to take part next year.

We should try and get into the Emirates Cup next year (if we can). Playing against the likes of Galatasary, Porto, Napoli & Arsenal over 2 days can't be bad.

The whole thing just represents the biggest fear in football - that the big names will get favourable treatment for commercial reasons. Take Liverpool, they haven't won a league title in near 25 years - but they are "massive" - yes by reputation only.

We need to start fighting these so called super powers, thats why i've got a massive respect for Spurs and Dan Levy, he won't take things lying down.

Its difficult not getting pulled along with all the conspiracy theories but we have to look at what we wanted to achieve from participating in the competition. If we'd not been stitched up and won it, would we qualify for Europe this season?

We went for 1) fitness 2) match practise and fine tuning systems 3) exposure and finance.

I'd say we got what we went for, and whilst its frustrating and annoying there's nothing that we can do in the moment. I wouldn't enter it next year though, as it seems a bit mickey mouse in terms of organisation and structure.

Its difficult not getting pulled along with all the conspiracy theories but we have to look at what we wanted to achieve from participating in the competition. If we'd not been stitched up and won it, would we qualify for Europe this season?

We went for 1) fitness 2) match practise and fine tuning systems 3) exposure and finance.

I'd say we got what we went for, and whilst its frustrating and annoying there's nothing that we can do in the moment. I wouldn't enter it next year though, as it seems a bit mickey mouse in terms of organisation and structure.

This is true, however there are some fans who have organsied their travel around the 3/4 play off game and this is on a different day.

I will be going to work the next day so it will be too late in the day for this dude..... I will probably watch the goals on you tube the next day and then tell everyone I stayed up and watched it cause am such an avid fan, only to skirt around the questions asked about incidents that happened other than the goals, then get back home and view all the premiture comments of how were going to come close to winning the league on this site.

I will be going to work the next day so it will be too late in the day for this dude..... I will probably watch the goals on you tube the next day and then tell everyone I stayed up and watched it cause am such an avid fan, only to skirt around the questions asked about incidents that happened other than the goals, then get back home and view all the premiture comments of how were going to come close to winning the league on this site.

2:00am kick off.

Not sure I can be arsed with that.

I will try. I've enjoyed what I've seen in the previous two games and I think we'll be more evenly matched in this one and therefore get a better idea of how we might set up once the season is under way. Also looking forward to seeing more of the new and younger players.