IGNORED

saha announces retirement

Just heard saha has announced his retirment at 35. Didn't feel he really showed his true potential at Everton. I must say though that in his day, he was one of the best strikers in the world technically.... when playing for Fulham , I used to pray we would put a cheeky bid in for him. Just feel we missed the best years of a truelly gifted player.

Edited by Brett Angel

Enjoy your retirement Louis. Was fanastic, albeit injury prone when he was here at United.

We played some of the best football we ever played under Fergie when he was in the team ahead of van Nistelrooy. Quality player, great left foot..could have achieved so much more with a bit of luck here and there.

Was totally shit towards the end but at the start of his career he was brilliant. I always remember his four goals against Blackpool (and another which he scored that was pulled back for a free-kick) when we did them 5-3 at Goodison.

Saha could have been one of the world's best. His injury prone nature held him back, but there were glimpses here and there of sheer brilliance form the man. The Cryuff Turn and goal for us was one that sticks out in memory, I honestly can't remember who it was against though.

Top player and top professional.

Guest blueboy122

Saha could have been one of the world's best. His injury prone nature held him back, but there were glimpses here and there of sheer brilliance form the man. The Cryuff Turn and goal for us was one that sticks out in memory, I honestly can't remember who it was against though.

Top player and top professional.

West Ham was it?

I actually got a Kopite to walk out of a pub when I said a fit, on form Saha was better than a fit, on form Torres. I stand by it. Quality, genuine world class ability, but his injury record rivals mine :(

Good luck to him, wonder if he will turn to coaching.

Talent wise he was absolutely top notch. Unfortunately he was a little injury prone and his head needed working on. Probably the most talented striker I have seen in an Everton shirt (I may have said this before - search anyone)

Unfortunately for me his combo with Cahill clashed.