IGNORED

U21 campaign

Matt

Seems it is though, he's on the bench tonight. Long shot but I hope Brentford turn it round (unintended pun).

Very weird.

You didn't get your wish though; they were spanked. Probably for the best because I'd have feared for them hugely if they'd got to the PL; could've been looking at a record low points tally IMO.

beat spurs tonight very good performance 3-1 long Byrne and Kenny scoring but our keeper was superb made some great saves.

callum connolly at CB was very good Kenny and Ledson had decent games antonee robinson at left back looked good 1st time ive seen him play was impressed.

ps keeper was mateusz hewelt.

Thanks for the report Patto; not even heard of Hewelt before but looking him up he's only eighteen. Encouraging, though notoriously difficult for a young 'keeper to make the grade with us, maybe he'll prove the exception.

to be fair I was dissapointed with long last night he didn't seem to want to know.

it was like the under 21s was beyond him.

Maybe he knows that he's one of the 4 Roberto has been talking about promoting to the first team?

• 2 months later...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/07/25/report-southport-2-3-everton-u21s

Came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 today making it 7 wins out of 7 in pre-season and a brace from 16 year old Antony Evans making it 5 goals in the last 4 games for him

Think maybe Im watching the wrong Everton!

Like the article you posted yesterday, the youth sides are our only bright spot at the moment!

• 3 weeks later...

Southportstanbul!

That Tom Davies looked decent

He turned it on his head didn't he. He was right up for it as well wasn't he. Throwing himself about, strong in the challenge , throwing people off the ball, wuick feet good vision. Defo one for the future with a bit of luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this!

I hope Henen's hammy is okay. He looks a class above compared to the other kids he's going up against. I'd love for him to see a little bit of first team action later this season.

Kenny looked solid and was doing well offensively. Hopefully he steps up his development. Maybe there's a loan to the championship or league 1 in his future?

Our keeper looked really shaky early on, but played really well after a couple of bad moments. I think the biggest issue was our #5. He can't judge a cross, goes to sleep defensively, forgets to track his runners and makes poor decisions with the ball.

Their #14 looks like he's going to be the business. He's obviously got a good bit of developing to do. But, he's got that little extra something.