IGNORED

U21 campaign

Matt

Decent watch. Sunderland looked better than us but we had a lot of players playing for fitness.

Ledson looks brilliant, Dowell looks a prospect. McAleny has been so unlucky with injuries - he's got quality no doubt, I'd love him to make it - maybe another loan to Brentford could help him (they're flying).

Defensively, we looked dire.

Decent watch. Sunderland looked better than us but we had a lot of players playing for fitness.

Ledson looks brilliant, Dowell looks a prospect. McAleny has been so unlucky with injuries - he's got quality no doubt, I'd love him to make it - maybe another loan to Brentford could help him (they're flying).

Defensively, we looked dire.

I agree with that. Back four werent great (although I thought the RB was alright) but sometimes the midfield was non existant and when Sunderland broke they were almost straight onto our back 4 in loads of space.

I agree with that. Back four werent great (although I thought the RB was alright) but sometimes the midfield was non existant and when Sunderland broke they were almost straight onto our back 4 in loads of space.

Where are you lads watching these U-21 matches? Definitely not being broadcast in the US. Any good streams? Luckily, NBC Sports shows every single Premier League game (just gotta stream it on their website since most Everton games aren't considered "premium" unless we're matched up against the usual Top 4 and Liverpool). Which is some bull in my opinion...as I now personally know many soccer fans in the US who support Everton strictly because of Tim Howard (and you can't forget Brian McBride and of course Lando's loan stints). Love that Everton is slowly becoming America's premier league team to support. At least I think it is.

Was deathly afraid that it was going to be Liverpool, because John Henry owns both them and the Boston Red Sox. But then they axed Suarez, and most Americans can't name a single Red other than maybe Gerrard and now Balotelli

Where are you lads watching these U-21 matches? Definitely not being broadcast in the US. Any good streams? Luckily, NBC Sports shows every single Premier League game (just gotta stream it on their website since most Everton games aren't considered "premium" unless we're matched up against the usual Top 4 and Liverpool). Which is some bull in my opinion...as I now personally know many soccer fans in the US who support Everton strictly because of Tim Howard (and you can't forget Brian McBride and of course Lando's loan stints). Love that Everton is slowly becoming America's premier league team to support. At least I think it is.

Was deathly afraid that it was going to be Liverpool, because John Henry owns both them and the Boston Red Sox. But then they axed Suarez, and most Americans can't name a single Red other than maybe Gerrard and now Balotelli

The Sunderland game was on Sky Sports 1, plenty of streams available via google (if you're inclined to support such reprehensible illegal practices and take money out of Rupert Murdoch's benevolent hands), Very unusual for them to be covered live though, apart from games v Liverpool which are free to air on Liverpool TV (again you could probably find a stream).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

im sure liverpool were

as young as our team it's sad when distin was our best player.

but what a professional no one beat him for pace I would love to know what has gone on with him and martinez.

he will certainly still be in the prem next year but not with us.

Been a great professional but not one of our first choice center backs any more, no matter how good he looks in the reserves. I'd be surprised if he got a starting place at any premier league club next season to be honest.

Still don't buy into the "spat" theory; no evidence for it. Time (and biographies) will tell.

im sure liverpool were

as young as our team it's sad when distin was our best player.

but what a professional no one beat him for pace I would love to know what has gone on with him and martinez.

he will certainly still be in the prem next year but not with us.

I was talking about the season as a whole though, I have no idea about the game against the shite.

Distin may look good for the reserves (as he should because he's playing against and with reserves who are mostly just starting their careers, so it's hardly anything to shout about!), but the fact remains is that he'd looked shite in the first team and in no way deserved a place. Whether a falling out is responsible for his disappearance I don't care about, I'm glad he was dropped because he was a liability.

the fact he's been a regular for the 21s and not involved in the 1st team speaks volumes for something being wrong behind the scene.

to put alcaraz ahead of him is a sin.

I still think hes good enough and predict he will be in the prem next season.

Don't think there's been anything to choose between Alcaraz and Distin this season to be honest. Alcaraz has eight MOTM votes against Distin's three. Both are out of contract at the end of the season, neither of them are remotely close to our first choice pair; probably Roberto just thinks Alcaraz has the edge.

therefore we have to replace 2 centre backs for i don't think either browning or Galloway are ready,Galloway played left back with doesn't look to promising although he is good on the ball.

Going to be difficult to get anyone of real quality though given that they're not going to be anywhere other than the bench until Stones or Jags gets injured. Maybe we should have held on to Duffy, does anyone know how he's been doing at Blackburn?