IGNORED

Roberto Martinez interview

efc1111

If Lewis Hamilton was driving an F1 car with a flat tyre would you need to hear him shout "oh shit! I've got a flat tyre!"

to feel comfortable that he understands the severity of the situation?

Or maybe just let the fucker drive?!

I think Martinez biggest weakness is that rather than fuck these questions off and create a siege mentality he's too polite.

To be fair I think I would trust Lewis Hamilton to notice the burst tyre

However with all the sound bytes coming from Roberto , implying we are playing well and in a false position, Im not so sure the penny has dropped with him

• 7 months later...

RM is surely spot on that "The best way to measure the quality of the squad is consistency in performances." Really good teams are good enough to very good to excellent week in, week out, with rare exceptions. I think -- though more objective observers than are likely to be found on TT might disagree -- that if we ever get all players healthy [meaning only occasional minor injuries and no long-term injuries for several players at same time], we have the talent and just enough depth to challenge this season for 4th.

That's perhaps a stretch. Is it? And are there many objective observers out there? Any? After all, every pundit I heard over here on American tv was smugly confident that, "Of course Stones will move to Chelsea, we all know that. Self-deceived Everton fans think Martinez is serious about retaining Stones, but that's not the real world in the EPL." Thus, I wonder whether pundits pay all that much careful, knowledgeable attention to teams other than the Rich Five plus Spurs.

So, suspicious that the pundits to whose blatherings I have foolishly paid attention are actually intelligently informed about Everton, I'm left, well, with you. Sad, I know.

When -- if -- Everton have a consistently healthy squad, do we have enough talent and depth to play consistently good-enough-to-very-good-to-excellent, and challenge this season for - let's be modest - fourth?

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see the manager's show on BT 1 yesterday I don't know if its a repeat but it was on rodgers and martinez obviously done before the sacking rodgers is so up his own arse.

Roberto came across much better.

Loved Dalglish dig at Rogers on thew appointment of Klopp

'He seems like someone who is not in love with himself, which #LFC fans can relate to.'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...