IGNORED

Roberto Martinez interview

efc1111

I dont get the emotion comments at all?

Emotion affects your decision making. I dont want to see Martinez smiling when we concede but I want him to celebrate when we score (which he does) and look pissed when we concede (which he does). Once that small emotion has gone I want the manager clear headed and ready to analyse the game.

This picking him apart at interviews is daft. What's the point?

Look at him when we concede or do something wrong on the pitch...His look if frustration is there for all to see.

I noticed in his interview that he seemed more downbeat after the Chelsea game. His tone of voice was slighly lighter, his eyes not as wide open and his mouth a bit more down turned. He wasn't himself, definitely disappointed. You can still speak using real positive words, but your face gives away your true feelings.

people would rather have a hollaway who makes a twat out of himself in front of the cameras trying to be funny. i love bobby, win or lose. The people who slate him wanna be him. I would be a better person if I had a fraction of positivity he has. Great man.

Holloway is funny as fuck though eh? Seriously though...

Big respect for saying you'd be a better person, Brett. You know, when I first heard his interviews for Everton I was inspired. The way he talks, the way he puts his views across, his knowledge, calm explanations. I've tried to take bits of him into my own management/leadership style. Its hard though, because by nature us English are pretty shit at the positive outlook stuff. I think he's brill. Ok, so the use of 'phenomenal' and 'unique' may be over zealous, but it's no more annoying than the constant use of the word 'mate'.

Holloway is funny as fuck though eh? Seriously though...

Big respect for saying you'd be a better person, Brett. You know, when I first heard his interviews for Everton I was inspired. The way he talks, the way he puts his views across, his knowledge, calm explanations. I've tried to take bits of him into my own management/leadership style. Its hard though, because by nature us English are pretty shit at the positive outlook stuff. I think he's brill. Ok, so the use of 'phenomenal' and 'unique' may be over zealous, but it's no more annoying than the constant use of the word 'mate'.

Exactly pal, can't remember anyone having anything to say when the previous fella repeated the same old negative angry attitude. Just that one's Spanish and happy, and the other is Scottish and miserable.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

You nailed it mate. You say it as though we're top of the league, undefeated.

What's positive about getting thumped 4-0 at Anfield? 4-1 at the Emirites? I'm yet to see any real emotion. The only thing I see is scripted answers from a textbook. It's as though he's being interviewed for a job. I find his press conferences boring and predictable. But that's just me. I actually can't watch them anymore they are the same every week.

I find it hard to watch more than 5minutes of his interviews.

Everything seems robotic. Says all the right things. Sometimes you need a bit of negativity to be believed. Also he never seems phased by defeat, never angry or arrogant.

I guess that's just his nature.

March 2014

Edited by MC11

Your ability to be consistently inconsistent.

When we're playing well I'll say, when we're play shit I'll say. At what point should you be constantly of the same opinion in football. Results change like the wind and my opinion will suit the current situation. I've always said his ability to go after a game and attack is a breath of fresh air. That doesn't mean all over the pitch and like I've said before he's more reserved in attack this season.

When we're playing well I'll say, when we're play shit I'll say. At what point should you be constantly of the same opinion in football. Results change like the wind and my opinion will suit the current situation. I've always said his ability to go after a game and attack is a breath of fresh air. That doesn't mean all over the pitch and like I've said before he's more reserved in attack this season.

So therefore your opinion is something that can change in a heartbeat? That's fine.

In football I believe you need to give someone enough time to address a downturn, it's a slow turning ship and a good win can make all the difference.

I'm saying RM will be ok. As a club we need him to be ok as we don't have the financial backing for him to be sacked and replaced.

So therefore your opinion is something that can change in a heartbeat? That's fine.

In football I believe you need to give someone enough time to address a downturn, it's a slow turning ship and a good win can make all the difference.

I'm saying RM will be ok. As a club we need him to be ok as we don't have the financial backing for him to be sacked and replaced.

My opinion hasn't changed in a heart beat though has it? A couple of losses you can deal with but 1 win in 13 games is more than enough to change opinion. I'll say it now! He is not the right man.

I'll say it again if we lose Mirallas because of this fruit there will be a domino effect.

My opinion hasn't changed in a heart beat though has it? A couple of losses you can deal with but 1 win in 13 games is more than enough to change opinion. I'll say it now! He is not the right man.

I'll say it again if we lose Mirallas because of this fruit there will be a domino effect.

Got to say MC, and I don't want to wade into your and Haf's ongoing disputes, but you do change your opinion quickly on Martinez. If you read the 'Relegation Battle' thread, it stands out more so.

Mirallas won't leave because of 'this fruit'. He'll leave because he gets offered better money or, in your belief, a regular top 4 club will snap him up. Although there appears no interest from such clubs just now.

Got to say MC, and I don't want to wade into your and Haf's ongoing disputes, but you do change your opinion quickly on Martinez. If you read the 'Relegation Battle' thread, it stands out more so.

Mirallas won't leave because of 'this fruit'. He'll leave because he gets offered better money or, in your belief, a regular top 4 club will snap him up. Although there appears no interest from such clubs just now.

Do1, you HAVE waded in AGAIN

My stance on Martinez is simple. I want him gone.

Edited by MC11

Behind the headline, designed to grab your attention, he doesn't actually say 'yes, we are in a relegation battle'. He says, until you hit 40 points, EVERYONE is in a relegation battle. And the rest. He's obviously getting asked about it more and more, I'm sure that hits home quite hard with him and the squad.

I think they are all focused on getting back on track ASAP. Results will tell.

If Lewis Hamilton was driving an F1 car with a flat tyre would you need to hear him shout "oh shit! I've got a flat tyre!"

to feel comfortable that he understands the severity of the situation?

Or maybe just let the fucker drive?!

I think Martinez biggest weakness is that rather than fuck these questions off and create a siege mentality he's too polite.

Your infatuation with that guy seems to be clouding your judgement, good players are much easier to find than good managers and as far as I know all you have offered up so far as a replacement is Laudrup, who by all accounts struggles to motivate himself, let alone a squad of top flight footballers.

He's half way through his second term, his first term was nothing short of exceptional, with enough points to qualify for Champions league in most of the other previous campaigns.

This year, not he greatest start, lots of injuries to key players but we've still walked through a tough Europa league.

Alot of people are saying he's stubborn, I don't think so, he's just deliberate and given time, money and support he will get there.

Everyone says Rom is young, give him time, so is Roberto, he can be one of the greats and I have never seen another manager who can take big teams with very experienced managers apart so consistently.

Edit: its kind of poetic that clubs are now taking a moyesque approach to playing against us and thats what were struggling with.

Edited by Chach

He said how well we played against West Brom..... This is exactly the type of statement he shits out his mouth that worries me. We were absolutely awful against them back to passing it for passings sake no penetration no nothing. THAT's the type of football he thinks is acceptable. I can't watch much more of it it's terrible and the exact reason we are where we are.

I think Martinez biggest weakness is that rather than fuck these questions off and create a siege mentality he's too polite.

I wish he would tell them to do one! For his own sake. It seems that a lot of what he says just now is being dissected for faults.

The thing with these interviews is you don't see what question was asked. Which is obviously relevant to get the full picture.

Headlines and journalists content are never the full picture. So many fall into the trap.

Everyone says Rom is young, give him time, so is Roberto, he can be one of the greats and I have never seen another manager who can take big teams with very experienced managers apart.

This is key. He's a very young manager. This is a new experience for him.

He will learn a lot from this season so far.

I've said that enough times. Could do with either results backing me up or the future to come a lot quicker!!! :D