IGNORED

Roberto Martinez interview

efc1111

• 3 weeks later...

I love hearing this from Martinez. Talent mean nothing if you aren't motivated to apply it. My opinion is that a lot of a manager's job is to remove the various psychological barriers to performance that a play has and get the best our of them. Could be anything: family or money worries, to a new young foreign play in a new country with no language, or a big name that has failed in his last club. This is something that Allardyce used to be good at (Anelka, Djourkaeff, Campo and Okocha), but from the little I have seen from Martinez in interviews and with his teams, he is really good at this. When ever I hear him I speak I think 'I would love to work for that man'. Loved Moyes, but never felt that for him.

Playing it safe in case we fall a bit flat this season you reckon?

Being honest yes he's covering himself. But last year is going to be very tough to beat and even match, you can't blame him. I just love the fact he isn't scared to go after games! It's refreshing and exciting!

Just think he's being genuine tbh.

Yeh me too. He isnt saying we might not win a trophy this year because I am building for the future, he is saying I plan to be at the club for the long haul and whilst I want to win things now, I want to make sure we can keep winning in the future too.

i wonder if Wigan fans felt the same way when he gave interviews

He did genuinly feel the same about Wigan though. He spent a lot of his career at Wigan, but I expect most Wigan fans would understand that he needed a new and bigger challenge. Unfortunately it may also happen to us in the future but I dont doubt his commitment to the club while he is here.

He did genuinly feel the same about Wigan though. He spent a lot of his career at Wigan, but I expect most Wigan fans would understand that he needed a new and bigger challenge. Unfortunately it may also happen to us in the future but I dont doubt his commitment to the club while he is here.

That 's a pretty fair and balanced assessment and one I agree with.