IGNORED

Thoughts so far

Avinalaff

27 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts so far?

• Happy
    • undecided
    • unhappy

Jelly was on form pre season and earnt a few starts.

Naisy was on form and did the same.

Oviedo looked good also and should be getting a chance.

Football is good to watch bit also frustrating as we are used to more of a high tempo pace. We are creating plenty of chances and because of this I am not panicking.

As long as we can start scoring a few goals and our team starts to relax then we should be ok.

Fairly happy at the moment.

Avinalaff.. If you have an issue with DK that's your business, I just commented on a good well put post

and I happened to agree with it. And I have no idea if he,s been to Goodison don't know the man, that was a bit of a low blow no need of it.

Ive been to watch Everton about 400 times not near enough I,d go every game if I could, but when I can afford it im there.

Im only interested in the the football issues, the personal stuff im not, although I,ll comment on posts I disagree with.

And mate I really hope you take a joke in the sense of fun it was intended not see it as an insult.

So here goes.. Have to say your crest looks like a Mosque. (Only a joke your name is avinalaff after all. all the best.

I don't as such. We just bitch slap each other constantly, and to be fair, he gives it out plenty, but you rarely see us actually fighting, which shows you that not everything is always as it seems.

As for the mosque, it's ok. Art is thought provoking. It shouldn't be too serious. I wouldn't be called Avinalaff if I didn't have a sense of humour. Sometimes it can be my worst enemy though.

Put it this way, the Norwich game if it was a boxing match would have been stopped. We really should and would win that another day. An impressive performance.

Second game. It really didn't go our way, too many key players not at the races. The final ball was poor and really jelavic showed exactly why kone was brought in.

I think Martinez has been very fair. He has allowed jelavic the opportunity to carry his pre season form into the prem, and he hasn't done this. Kone came on and we looked far more potent and mobile. Anichebe will get his chance as will gerrard, Oviedo Etc.

Overall I'm pleased, I think Martinez has a team he is trying to eradicate the hoofing out of and he has had to deal with that ex manager prick behaving like a tool. Rome wasn't built in a day. I do think Fellaini will go and we will see a couple of players come in.

For me Osman, jelavic and mirallas should be drooped. Yes mirallas. You can't show favouritism to a match winner, can Oviedo do a job where he plays? I don't know but he needs a rocket. We miss Gibson, hopefully he is back and if we get McCarthy I feel our midfield will be more quick tempo and mobile.

Put it this way, the Norwich game if it was a boxing match would have been stopped. We really should and would win that another day. An impressive performance.

we have done that so many times over the last few years though. impressive performance it was, but more of the same old, same old - dominate the game, cant kill it off.

thoughts so far... shit

osman is not good enough im sorry but he should not be starting games.

the only good point i can take up to now is that were now willing to keep the ball down on the floor and pass but its still far to slow to have any effect.

martinez cant be making excuses about needing time when we cant score at home against west brom get 3 up top if he wants to be attacking this formation is not going to get enough goals to be where we want to be.

Yes he did, Maloney Kone and Mcmanaman played as a front 3 not as 1 plus two supporting

No they didnt. He left McManaman advanced to isolate him against the full back just as he is trying to with Mirallas but both have had to track back as well.

Maloney was used to drift around the pitch a lot like he is using Barkley. Both the above players were allowed more freedom when he played 5 at the back.

No they didnt. He left McManaman advanced to isolate him against the full back just as he is trying to with Mirallas but both have had to track back as well.

Maloney was used to drift around the pitch a lot like he is using Barkley. Both the above players were allowed more freedom when he played 5 at the back.

Im not so sure, i remember seeing Kone upfront, Maloney as a floating type forward, and as you pointed out McManaman against the fullback, that's a front 3 in my book, BUT tactics change so many times during the 90mins depending on the flow of the game, so let's just agree to disagree on this :)

Thoughts so far: I have loved watching us pass it about the pitch in both games but it would be nice if we did something with it. It appears we are no more clinical than we were under the previous manager. Jelavic has got until January to start performing imo, otherwise we ship him out, and in the first 2 games i don't think he has done himself a huge amount of favours so far, hard work yes, but the important stuff is still missing. I think he should play in the COC and if he has another poor game then Kone should start against Cardiff. One side point, when Martinez first went to Wigan he tried in the summer and winter window to sign Vic, yet since taking the managers role, Vic has hardly featured under Martinez, should we look to move him on and free up funds if he is not going to be used?

I also think Pienaar and Barkley need to cut out the long shot's all the time. The chances that Pienaar had to slide a ball through from the edge of the box the other day, and he chose to just shoot 9/10 hitting the CB. We need Gibson back in the team, but for how long he is fast becoming a bit part player because of his injuries, McCarthy(if signed) is really a replacement for Gibson rather than Fellaini, maybe that's Roberto's plan, who knows.

It's going to be a frustrating season for us fans, i think we could yo-yo up and down the table a little bit, part of me thinks Martinez is trying to change too much at once, and the other part thinks they are top class pro's and should be able to adapt, and if they can't then they know where Lime Street Station/John Lennon Airport are. All we can do at the moment is be patient and see what happens and look again at christmas time.

I don't as such. We just bitch slap each other constantly, and to be fair, he gives it out plenty, but you rarely see us actually fighting, which shows you that not everything is always as it seems.

As for the mosque, it's ok. Art is thought provoking. It shouldn't be too serious. I wouldn't be called Avinalaff if I didn't have a sense of humour. Sometimes it can be my worst enemy though.

Thanks for your reply mate, do you know what, sometimes I don't even know if I put my posts in the right place.

It was just to a newcomer some of you guys look like you are war, bear in mind us newbies cannot tell it just looks a bit daft ( A what the fuck is

this about kind of thing)

On the plus side, this side has some great contributors, people like Rubes, Zoo, Matt, Mike O, Haf, Cornish Steve. Ive come to

really enjoy what they have to say. And many others. And yeah you and your sparring partner Dk, good lads when you aint bollocking each other.

Cardiff away is a damn huge game, with an international break ( hate them) and then Chelsea we need a win sooner the better.

Credit Cardiff they battled like hell against City, and this neat play we are testing will be a worry against a team that defends

with 10 men behind the ball, plus that cauldron atmosphere. Im tense, I want a win here as bad as if it were the shite.

Thought Caulker was outstanding, keep him fit and they,ve got a gem.

Still no luck on the ticket front. Imagine my beloved Everton playing 30 miles down the road and I cant get in ( hard to take)

To let you all know all none Cardiff fans in wales cant stand them. Cardiff as a city means no more to me than say Leeds or Birmingham

the only welsh club I don't mind is Newport, We got drawn in cups 3 times in the eighties and I was there each time. remember the one

in the F.A Cup 1-0 down with 3 mins left when Sheeds equalisied.

Back to Cardiff and they are convinced they are going to hammer us and are very obnoxious about it. I,ll have hell if we lose.

So come on blueboys, make me so happy, turn it on, show what Everton are about, please, please win this match.

Edited by Matt

Sorry to post again here, but as you can tell, I don't how to quote any of you properly, or getting the spacing right

but iam trying. ( Very some of you may say).

You're doing fine, Mike. I'm enjoying your posts -- you seem to know a lot and you provide interesting info In all your posts. Thanks!

Sorry to post again here, but as you can tell, I don't how to quote any of you properly, or getting the spacing right

but iam trying. ( Very some of you may say).

Tried to correct it for you, Mike. Let me know if I didnt get it right.

Just hit the quote button, then make sure the cursor isnt in the grey bubble, should quote normally if you do that...

this side has some great contributors, people like Rubes, Zoo, Matt, Mike O, Haf, Cornish Steve. Ive come to really enjoy what they have to say. And many others. And yeah you and your sparring partner Dk, good lads when you aint bollocking each other.

I feel left out :D

You are doing great Mike. Like others have mentioned, your posts seem well thought through.

Edited by Peter H

Thanks a lot tonk, matt, pete, just an amateur finding my way, but joking aside isn't Cardiff a huge fucking game

Desperate to win, so badly my guts are tensing even now. Everton Football Club put you through every emotion there is

but that why we are so proud and love the club so much. Life and a lot more.

Thanks a lot tonk, matt, pete, just an amateur finding my way, but joking aside isn't Cardiff a huge fucking game

Desperate to win, so badly my guts are tensing even now. Everton Football Club put you through every emotion there is

but that why we are so proud and love the club so much. Life and a lot more.

to be honest, every game is a huge game and should be treated as such.

You are quite right Matt every Everton Game is a huge event, but the Cardiff one is not just my personal thing

Because of the international break the morale boost of a win would be tremendous, on the other hand two weeks is a long time

to stew over a defeat. Then Chelsea a team who always give us a hard time. That's what I was mainly concerned about.

PS Just watched Man United Moyes come out at Old Trafford, was he ever our boss ? Pass the sick bucket.

Not getting on here as often as I hoped.

My thought after three games is that if we had a clinical finisher we would have six points and be in the third round of the League Cup.

Kone had a bit of a mare but he deserves a bit of patience as it was his first full game. My memory is he's the type who misses a few and then follows it up with a good performance.

If we get a wad for either Felli or Leighton - or both - I'd bang it on Benteke and let Victor go to Hull.

Edited by weebittight