• Sylvain Distin
    • Leighton Baines
    • Gareth Barry
    • Leon Osman
    • Ross Barkley
    • Steven Naismith
    • Kevin Mirallas
    • Nikica Jelavic

I thought Barkley apart from a couple of mistakes was second best player on the park. That pass to mirallas was out of this world. A 50 yard fizzer.

For sure, he had his moments, but he made several poor decisions. But don't get me wrong: that is quite OK! I'd much rather he be bold and aggressive and confident, and try things that don't work sometimes instead of just being afraid of making a mistake. Great games and poor games are much preferable to all average games.

And I do agree that Mirallas came alive when moved up-front - he was totally crap before then. It will be interesting to see how that will change RM's team line-up and positions in the coming weeks.

Barry got my vote but i was a little surprised to see he got 90%.

Coleman, Barkley, and Naismith all deserve a good shout for this memorable game.

And yes, I'd include Naismith in that second tier from yesterday. He causes a bit of chaos when he is out there with his energy and unorthodox style. In our new possession style, his passing is a liability (he gave the ball away a number of times) but his effort to get it back and immediately close down opposing players is exactly what RM wants now. He also just has a knack for being in the right place at the right time to poach some very important goals (he's now scored twice against Chelsea and once against the shite).

BTW I TOLD you Mirallas is great in CF position :D @ SteveE hahaaa

Think of me all you like, but my football opinions are better than you'd suspect.

I was presently surprised. Used to thinking that we need a big strong guy up there to hold the ball up, but his movement meant he was a handful :)

BTW I TOLD you Mirallas is great in CF position :D @ SteveE hahaaa

Think of me all you like, but my football opinions are better than you'd suspect.

I suggested moving him up top myself in the Chelsea game thread. That doesn't mean he can play centre forward when there isn't 50 yards of space and just two defenders in front of him.

I suggested moving him up top myself in the Chelsea game thread. That doesn't mean he can play centre forward when there isn't 50 yards of space and just two defenders in front of him.

Agreed, he is a bit of an Andy Johnson option. Great to stop the opposition defence taking a high line to squeeze the play in their favour.

Brings me onto Chelsea, they didn't like the high defensive line under AVB but will do it under Mourinho???