John Stones...2
Kevin Mirallas...1
Steven Naismith...1
Previous MOTM winners...
Cardiff (A)...Ross Barkley
Stevenage (H)...Ross Barkley
West Brom (H)...Seamus Coleman
Norwich (A)...Ross Barkley

Thought Naismith had arguably his best game for us.

Jags, Distin and Howard all looked pretty solid, and showed desperation when it was needed.

Barkley looked good, but was perhaps guilty of keeping hold of the ball that extra touch too long.

Both full backs caused Chelsea problems I thought.

Both Jela and Mirallas worked hard to put pressure on Chelsea when they had the ball.

Gone with Barry, as I thought he just played very intelligently and was at the heart of a very disciplined defensive performance.

Barry for me. Defo. Did everything I expected him to in this team.

He's gonna be a rock this season...the steady guy we need while the creative fellas get it going up top.

Also a shout for Martinez...Chelsea were a machine...and Martinez allowed us to keep playing, left us with attacking options. Brilliant.

Barry was so good we didn´t miss Fellaini at all. A superb performance on his debut. A steadying influence from such an experienced old head.

Perhaps it is not insignificant that Mourinho´s last league loss as Chelsea boss was against Villa in 2007 when Barry played for Villa.

Edited by Alguna Vez Tonelada

I'm not going to use the "black woman in hindsight" clip again, but really guys... I told you, didn't I tell you? And what did I tell you? That Barry was going to be a bloody great signing. And when did I tell you? The very moment we signed him.

edit: I gotte tell you though, I never thought Naismith was going to be our big Chelsea tormenter lol.

Edited by Mirallas

Big tip fellow blues, never judge a player who you aware of but never paid much attention to. We have had many of those players who never get the usual journo/pundit praise.

Gareth Barry take a bow, I'm glad I did my research before slating you - very easy to take that option. Man city fans weren't happy to see him go and no wonder. His one touch play was brilliant, assertive passing, reads the game, tackles well.

In all seriousness that was the best defensive midfield display I have seen in a blue shirt in a long long time. He may not be 6ft 5 and chest the ball down, but that isn't a pre requisite for a DM, protecting the back 4 and turning the ball over is.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Special mention to Barkley, that lad is gonna be a superstar - ridiculous ability. Anyone who said "Moyes knows best" needs to think what we could have seen in the last 2 years without the cautious one hampering his development.

Gareth Barry by a mile, his reading of the game was outstanding.

Given that he's the replacement for Fellaini, do we think he played better than Fellaini would have done?

My answer is defensively he's better in that he gets his foot on the ball better, but Fellaini would give us a more physical presence up front which will be given to us by Lukaku. So no big loss if we could make two signings in the summer with the money from his transfer.

There seem to be plently of people saying Naismith was good? Well if you compare it to his last season's performances then maybe. I guess he was decent in the second half keeping Chelsea busy and he did win some headers (bound to when all of Howard's kicks were aimed at him), but he lost possession half of the fucking time and wasted some good moves. And I'm not even that critical towards him half of the time.