• Leighton Baines
    • Gareth Barry
    • Leon Osman
    • Ross Barkley
    • Steven Naismith
    • Kevin Mirallas
    • Nikica Jelavic

Mirallas.

But I thought Barry and Naismith had immense games.

Mirallas? Maybe if the decision was made on a 10-minute spell near the end of the game, but he was crap (again) initially. Barry was MOTM by a mile.

I thought the composure of the team changed when McCarthy came on. The chemistry between Barry and McCarthy is already proving to work.

Mirallas? Maybe if the decision was made on a 10-minute spell near the end of the game, but he was crap (again) initially. Barry was MOTM by a mile.

I thought the composure of the team changed when McCarthy came on. The chemistry between Barry and McCarthy is already proving to work.

Mirallas had a very poor first half but I thought he had a fantastic second half.

Sorry I thought all great last ditch tackles were the sign of a poor defender, I will get the hang of this eventually

I don't know whether you're struggling to comprehend this or just playing the fool. If it's not the latter, have a look about on the internet or ask a coach if you don't believe it.

It has to be Gareth Barry what an accomplished debut. All around the effort was superb and Steven Naismith after

all the stick ( and each and every one of us has slaughtered him) deserved his ovation when subbed.

To those saying Naismith didn't deserve any votes I,d say one thing. The man does not hide. He got a chance from the start

and applied himself very well, surely if can get some confidence its better for us all.

Well this is boring and predictable ................ Barry all day long!

Don't get the Naismith votes? Was in the right place for the goal but other than that he was poor in possession although he made the odd good tackle. Wouldn't get in my top 5 today.

Agree. I don't like bashing Naismith as I think he's very under-rated but I thought he was average today. Apart from the goal all he did was a solid job rather than stepping up and being that bit extra.

Barry all day! Like every blue had my doubts. Never really noticed him for Villa and City an that's because players like him don't stand out when you watch other teams! We have been missing someone like him since Lee Carsley doing all the dirty work! Players like them are so underrated. I can see Barry becoming our player of the season. His passing and the way he reads the game is amazing. So cool under pressure. He must be a joy to play with. The likes of Barkley and Osman have never played alongside someone with that quality. Just going on Osman's performance today he was a different player than what we have been used to for the last 6 months. COYB.

Barry was brilliant. I can't remember him doing a single thing wrong the whole match. Was expecting him to be good but fucking hell!

Naismith did score the winner, but I was very disappointed with his overall performance, particularly after an impressive pre-season. Still not as bad as Ossie though.

Sky Sports match analysis.

'Playing in a role not dissimilar to Leon Britton at Swansea, he ticked things over and topped Everton's rankings for tackles (6), interceptions (4) and passes (47).'

Sky Sports match analysis.

'Playing in a role not dissimilar to Leon Britton at Swansea, he ticked things over and topped Everton's rankings for tackles (6), interceptions (4) and passes (47).'

He's become the whipping boy, in the second half he was one of our best players and the people who can't appreciate that should find a new sport or just watch motd. Baines contributed a lot less yesterday and hasn't even had one negative comment on his performance. Jags and Howard had an eggy day too. Then there's Jelavic, who's so out of form it's the norm for him not to do well.

Osman became better when McCarthy came on the pitch. Why? McCarthy like barry made himself available to receive the ball - Osman had more options.

Osman had a poor first half, really wanted him off. He did actually do some good things but overall he goes below McCarthy and Barry. When Gibson is back it will be even more tough for him.

great debut for Barry. MotM performance

you see some players get goals on their debut, but for our new defensive midfielder to pull of that last ditch block in front of a gaping net, was as good as any debut goal. It will be remembered for a long time by the Goodison faithful.

it would be nice to have two or even three seasons out of him as our younger midfielders mature.

Osman became better when McCarthy came on the pitch. Why? McCarthy like barry made himself available to receive the ball - Osman had more options.

Osman had a poor first half, really wanted him off. He did actually do some good things but overall he goes below McCarthy and Barry. When Gibson is back it will be even more tough for him.

I see Barry as an upgrade on Gibson, would hate to see them play together as the tempo would be too slow.

I see Barry as an upgrade on Gibson, would hate to see them play together as the tempo would be too slow.

This is where Osman comes into his own, much more creative and can still put in a tackle.

Seems to be the whipping boy of the moment but still miles above Naismith, I can't see how he even gets into the squad even with his goal yesterday.