IGNORED

Howard's beard?

jofanon

Just why?

Those two words alone could have been befitting for the actual thread piece, but as it's another topic of conversation to indulge in,may as well add that I haven't had an opportunity to see Howard's new facial additions, but as a regular grower of beards, I think it's good enough what the player decides to do . Believe I've seen before, the player with substantial facial growth, as was Bruce Grobbelaar every now and again, and I think sometimes it can make an improvement to the overall appearance. If a player feels comfortable with it, then see no reason why they can't go ahead with it.

Appears there has been a lot of frenzy about this on the web but I feel all rather indifferent to it. It's only a temporary thing you can imagine, as Howard will soon go back to before and people can get on with their lives once again.

Fucking belligerents..

Say this, and say this once. Howard may of had some facial growth in recent weeks, but guess it went unnoticed by some. It was nothing substantial anyway, just some minor growth, and in any event, I prefer to be clean shaven now but what the players do is their business.

Incidentally, there was a feature on Howard a few months back with 'limited attire' and I didn't pay much attention to that, so guessing the player can go about his business his own way, without drawing attention to others. Maybe (above all else) I just don't care about players facial growth or presentations so just leaving it at that and no further.

DK I don't mean to cause you offence and I'm sure you're a genuinely nice guy. However, I regularly read your posts and find great humour in the fact that you post daily in a wide range of topics and rarely, if ever comment on your opinion and seem to regurgitate slices of match reports and the opinions of other people. I'm not being belligerent just having a laugh, so please don't take offence. Lastly on a serious note when was the last time you watched a live Everton match either on TV or in person? I'm curious.

Fucking belligerents..

Say this, and say this once. Howard may of had some facial growth in recent weeks, but guess it went unnoticed by some. It was nothing substantial anyway, just some minor growth, and in any event, I prefer to be clean shaven now but what the players do is their business.

Incidentally, there was a feature on Howard a few months back with 'limited attire' and I didn't pay much attention to that, so guessing the player can go about his business his own way, without drawing attention to others. Maybe (above all else) I just don't care about players facial growth or presentations so just leaving it at that and no further.

Why use six words when you can use 100.

You could have just said "I don't care about his beard".

• 1 month later...

http://www.football365.com/everton/8997917/Premier-League-Everton-goalkeeper-Tim-Howard-earns-praise-from-Roberto-Martinez

Maybe it's down to his beard? :P

In all seriousness; I've never been a big fan of Tim but there's no doubt he's been in top form this season and without him we'd have a few less points this season.

http://www.football365.com/everton/8997917/Premier-League-Everton-goalkeeper-Tim-Howard-earns-praise-from-Roberto-Martinez

Maybe it's down to his beard? :P

In all seriousness; I've never been a big fan of Tim but there's no doubt he's been in top form this season and without him we'd have a few less points this season.

why? Ive always thought hes a very good keeper with stupid moments. Hes always been good at penalties as well

why? Ive always thought hes a very good keeper with stupid moments. Hes always been good at penalties as well

Beaten from long range with an alarming regularity, seems to have weak wrists (lets shot in that he should get a stronger hand to), often has poor communication with his defence, not good at commanding his area, a bit suspect under the high ball.

Beaten from long range with an alarming regularity, seems to have weak wrists (lets shot in that he should get a stronger hand to), often has poor communication with his defence, not good at commanding his area, a bit suspect under the high ball.

Only long range shot I can remember that beat him this season was Cabaye, and 99% of keepers would've struggled to get near that. Dont remember much about the goals conceded in yesteryear but never thought of him as being susceptible of long shots.As for weak wrists, not sure I agree there at all (see the penalty save at Villa).

But agree his communication and commanding his area should be better, which in turn would make him more comfortable collecting the ball.

Ive always liked him personally, like I said. Solid replacement for Martyn and comparing the keepers we had whilst I was growing up (after Southall of course), hes been a steady, good player for us and the 3rd best we've had at the club in my lifetime.