IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

Gotta say I always thought Jelly was a decent player even when he wasn't scoring, he always worked hard and could still control a ball.

What I have saw from Lukaku is just a goal scorer, no touch at all and worse control than Nev.

people must be watching different players.

At the moment Lukaku May be a better striker but there's no way he is a better all round player. If it wasn't foe hos goals and potential he would be the butt of all jokes.

Edited by Shukes

Jellyfish needed first team football to boost his International chances, sadly he wasn't going to get that with us. I really believe he would and will come good again, just sad it is not with us.

As for replacements.

How about Michu? He is going through a bad patch now too but will he come good again? Possibly.

Lambert? I think he is too old and perhaps not up to the job.

Demba Ba? Would Chelsea sell him with letting Lukaku out on loan? (I think Lukaku is better in many ways anyway)

I am really stuck for ideas on who will be brought in. If anyone at all is to be brought in. But without Jelly we are a bit light up front IMO.

Sad to see him go but i just dont think he was a good enough footballer to fit into our system. I think if we do bring someone in it will be a fairly un-known from abroad.

Maybe Morata at Madrid?

Rumours that Arsenal had a bid rejected. Dont think Real want to sell him. Edited by Peter H

Good luck Jela!!!!

I think he'll come good at Hull, they'll play him as he needs to be played...straight down the middle, there to bang them in the net not run out wide and cross it in!!!!

As for a 'replacement' and panicing about options....well, if you guys havent learned to trust martinez and his insights, philosphy etc yet...then I guess you may have some anxious days/weeks ahead.

Me? Totally relaxed.

Jellyfish needed first team football to boost his International chances, sadly he wasn't going to get that with us. I really believe he would and will come good again, just sad it is not with us.

As for replacements.

How about Michu? He is going through a bad patch now too but will he come good again? Possibly.

Demba Ba? Would Chelsea sell him with letting Lukaku out on loan? (I think Lukaku is better in many ways anyway)

I am really stuck for ideas on who will be brought in. If anyone at all is to be brought in. But without Jelly we are a bit light up front IMO.

Perhaps Konstantinos Mitroglou, Olympiacos could be a good shout? Liverpool are interested and he could cost as little as 6 mil

Gotta say I always thought Jelly was a decent player even when he wasn't scoring, he always worked hard and could still control a ball.

What I have saw from Lukaku is just a goal scorer, no touch at all and worse control than Nev.

people must be watching different players.

At the moment Lukaku May be a better striker but there's no way he is a better all round player. If it wasn't foe hos goals and potential he would be the butt of all jokes.

I really like Jelavic as a player, but his touch has been questionable for quite some time. Generally it wasn't under scrutiny because it was never on display given his one touch finishing. He's a great player when confident, but far too one dimensional for how Everton plays at the moment.

Lukaku, on the other hand doesn't have that bad of a touch and his dribbling is also a bit better in my opinion. He's already racked up a few asissts this season, including the one today. The home match against Newcastle comes to mind, as well as the winner at Old Trafford. Jelavic doesn't really create and make space for others consistently. Lukaku is still learning, and based on evidence will be one hell of a player.

Guest blueboy122

I don't think that Lukaku is going to be this 'word class centre forward' he is being touted as.

You know when you see a player and you know they are destined for greatness (Rooney, Barkley of recent) I just don't see that with Lukaku.

He may well end up playing for a top side but I really don't think he is that special. I was more excited when Franny Jeffers burst onto the scene.

I read a fee has been agreed with Hull City but the actual transfer hasn't gone through and he is, at this moment in time, still a player with Everton ? Even Wikipedia state this ? Guess it's all but a done deal and the player will depart, and people use the term "sad" to see his departure, but realize what actual sadness represents, so would say "disappointed" to see the player go, as he has proved useful, but as with so many other players of promise we have brought in over the years, didn't live up to expectation

He should get first team play with Hull and hope things work out better for him with them than what occured here and take this opportunity to thank him for his contributions to this club and hope he can feature more regularly with his new employers as he tries for a place this summer with the Croat national squad.

Obviously Martinez knows what he is doing when selling Jelavic but I am sad to see him leave. I think if he was given more time then he might of reached his potential again. Against QPR he showed us the old Jelavic (I'm not saying if he played against Norwich he would have scored) but he showed everyone there is still something in him. For some reason he has lost his confidence and can't get it back.

I don't think it helps when Moyes decided to keep making him run for the ball on the wings. Jelavic is a striker who is in the right place, right time. A bit like Darren Bent in his prime. Just wished he had one more game in an Everton shirt.

As for replacements.

Michu - Isn't good enough, he's quite clearly a one season wonder like Benteke is proving to be. He also suffers from a recurring injury so I wouldn't want him anywhere near our wage bill.

Lambert - :lol: . He's 31 and isn't good enough. He went through a purple patch and landed himself an England cap but he's nowhere near good enough to lead our front line when Lukaku goes.

Ba - Shite. Proved at Chelsea that he can't cut it at a top team so considering we are aiming for European football I don't think he's good enough for us.

Personally, I'd like to see us look overseas. Martinez has strong ties with the Spanish market so I'd like to see us make a signing from La Liga. How about Carlos Vela from Sociedad?

Jelavic told Jutarnji list: "Steve Bruce called me and told me that he wants me in his team as a leading attacker. "He asked me if I'm ready to move, then talked briefly about the club, his coaching philosophy and about the club's goals. "He was very confident during that conversation and after that I agreed to move to Hull City. "The club suits me and I'm happy that the clubs have found an agreement for my transfer."

From SKY site

Jelly is off then, who is coming in!?!?!?!?

I think if there is someone coming in, its going to be completely left field from what (for want of a better word) the press think, personally!

Haven't the press been saying Messi doesn't fit in at Barca anymore? LOL

Edited by drs08

I'll be devastated if we don't replace him. What we have simply isn't enough.

After Roberto saying he wouldnt let him go before we had a replacement and him also promising that we would be stronger whe the window closes he would look pretty foolish if we didnt sign anyone. I fully expect it all to be done and dusted by the time we play West Brom

After Roberto saying he wouldnt let him go before we had a replacement and him also promising that we would be stronger whe the window closes he would look pretty foolish if we didnt sign anyone. I fully expect it all to be done and dusted by the time we play West Brom

I hope you're right. But the way he spoke after the McGeady signing made me think he thinks we can get away with Mirallas and Naismith as back ups to Lukaku... A proper striker is a must if Jelavic goes.