IGNORED

Liverpool

Cornish Steve

Like this bit...

"On the day, Moyes would not change his style. But the rest of his immediate backroom team would.

What was unique about them, compared to other clubs I have been at, was they were all lifelong fans of the club they worked for, from the kit men to the press officers to the masseurs. They were all tuned in and hyped up because we were playing Liverpool, and always relayed the message of how important this game is to their club and its fans.

Some players may see this as a bad thing, adding to the pressure and tension, but I believe it is why Everton is a truly special club which has a real bond with its supporters. And it definitely made a difference to my mind-set."

Suarez and set pieces are our main threat on Saturday -

Sturridge can be man marked - by Barry and McCarthy -

Lets hope Martinez has worked out a plan to neutralize Suarez -

maybe the plan is to concede that Suarez will score once - as long as we score twice -

a controversial penalty against the Reds will go a long way to show there is no conspiracy in favour of the top 5 sides.

This one is in our back yard Everton - best chance to beat them - just do it !!!!

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/everton-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_29_384.html

Here's Dowd's record for every game he's reffed for us.

He's never given a penalty against us when we've been at home.

He's only given 3 penalties against us when we've been away (2 PL, 1 FA Cup), but one of those was for you know who!

He's only given us 3 penalties (2 PL, 1 FA Cup).

He did give us 7 yellows and 1 red in the derby at Anfield in 2006.

To his credit though he did send Gary Neville off in that game at Goodison in April 2005.

This will be his 4th Merseyside derby - 1st at Goodison.

Guest rusty747

I am in Dubai but sat in front of the TV and as nervous as I have ever been ahead of a derby game. I really don't know how to call it. I can build a case for everything from a 0-0 to a big win for either side. Hope Ross starts and Gerry comes on second half.

Guest rusty747

Pretty much what I expected for the line up. Let's hope Peanuts and Baines bring out the best in each other and that Mirallas is fired up and ready to make up for recent lacklustre performances. Gerry to come on after half time I hope.

Well, I think thats the strongest team we can out there. I hope Mirallas finds his form and Deulofeu has a strong cameo.

Liverpool have got alot of central midfielders, might be a bit difficult to get our short passes going through the middle. Should be some space up the flanks, questions marks over both their fullbacks.

Really pumped for this one.

Ok son, if oomi zoomi isn't finished in the two mins Im afraid it has to go off.

There's more important things than a three year olds happiness today!

:rofl:

My lad's got a mate over for the week end (though he's seventeen rather than three) who's not overly bothered by football but he's going to sit and watch it with us. He doesn't know what he's in for :lol:.