IGNORED

Liverpool

Cornish Steve

We were dreadful at Palace but it doen't necessarily follow that we will play like that against The Shite. Yes they have several threats and a lot more variety than us - but they are also capable of being off colour themselves. The least I expect is a fight. We didn't aways compete under Moyes in these matches - hence his poor derby record. At least with Barry and McCarthy in the team there will be a tackle as opposed to a stuck out toe < Fellaini>

Surely Suarez will be heavily fatigued given he's travelling to Jordan, to Uruguay, and then back to England all within about ten days? That's an insane number of air miles.

He's a monster but will be be 100% for this one?

Edited by Nikica

Surely Suarez will be heavily fatigued given he's travelling to Jordan, to Uruguay, and then back to England all within about ten days? That's an insane number of air miles.

He's a monster but will be be 100% for this one?

he doesnt need to be against our defence at the moment...

Uruguay have won the first leg of their play off (in Jordan) 5-0, so it'll now become a bit of a holiday at home for Suarez rather than an intense play-off situation.

Great :rolleyes:.

(Seems he was "incensed" by allegations that he dived in order to win a penalty....hold the front page!)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/jordan-0-uruguay-5-luis-suarez-incensed-after-being-adjudged-to-have-dived-in-attempt-to-win-penalty-in-world-cup-playoff-8937670.html

Doesn't look like he was yellow carded from the video.....which is daft. If it wasn't a pen it was a dive, so the ref screwed up there.

I just think Liverpool are so over hyped it's untrue, granted the front two look great but we need tobe smart against Suarez, I think sometimes we are to nice at the back. I'd love a centre half that could wind rat face up and stop him playing his game. I'd love to have a bit of luck in a derby and god forbid a good ref. we win we are right in the mix, play Gerry and Ross and I will be happy.

2-1 lukaku and ross

I think we have to stop thinking how are we going to stop them and start thinking about we are going to impose ourselves on them. Things like playing Naismith or Osman because they offer more 'protection' is absurd. We have players who can get at Liverpool and cause them some real problems and of those players impose themselves on this game it wont matter whether they have Messi, Maradona or Pele playing.

Our problem is we always see ourselves as inferior to Liverpool, if we played attacking football we'd win more derbies than we lose.

Maybe that was because the previous manager kept telling everyone how much more money they had spent and the quality they posessed. I like our chances better with the positivity Martinez fosters.

Was visiting a relative in hospital earlier and there was a guy from Liverpool in the room (he moved here from Scouseland years ago apparently). Was talking football with - he is a Liverpool fan but he says he thinks you'll get a point in the derby. Seemed a decent guy.

Was visiting a relative in hospital earlier and there was a guy from Liverpool in the room (he moved here from Scouseland years ago apparently). Was talking football with - he is a Liverpool fan but he says he thinks you'll get a point in the derby. Seemed a decent guy.

Decent reds do exist, but they're few and far between, close to endangered I believe. David Attenborough is planning a new series going in search of them apparently, you should give him a ring if you've actually seen one in the wild :P.

Decent reds do exist, but they're few and far between, close to endangered I believe. David Attenborough is planning a new series going in search of them apparently, you should give him a ring if you've actually seen one in the wild :P.

:rofl:

I've never been to Liverpool, but I've met a few scousers up here. This is the first time I've had a proper football chat with a Liverpudlian though, face to face in real life.

I did say 'you're doing well in the league this season' and he made a face and said 'about time'. The whole 23 years thing really is destroying them. I was gonna say 'aye, you've been woeful in teh PL era as compared to the 70s and 80s' but I didn't wanna rub it in.

One time a couple of scousers came to my house briefly to check gas or electric, I can't remember which. One was blue and one was red - the red one told me he had been in Istanbul and that Gerrard was a one man army. I was gonna tell him that Stevie Me is an overrated cunt and he was shite in that final until Hamann came on and changed the game, but I didn't wanna get into a row with a stranger over football :fishing:

Edited by Nikica

Guest rusty747

It's such a shame how relations with the other lot have deteriorated in recent decades. Way back in the 1980s, my boss was a red. Not only that, he was fairly well connected and always had a ticket for all of Liverpool's big games if he wanted one. Well, in 1986, of course, it was the first all Merseyside FA Cup Final - and he gave me his spare ticket. I was surrounded by thousands of reds in Wembley stadium while I proudly wore my blue and shouted the house down when Lineker put us a goal up. The Mickey taking was wicked, but I never once felt threatened. And my abiding memory of that occasion is of 100,000 supporters chanting "Merseyside, Merseyside Merseyside" after the final whistle. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get back to that sort of relationship again?

Guest blueboy122

It's such a shame how relations with the other lot have deteriorated in recent decades. Way back in the 1980s, my boss was a red. Not only that, he was fairly well connected and always had a ticket for all of Liverpool's big games if he wanted one. Well, in 1986, of course, it was the first all Merseyside FA Cup Final - and he gave me his spare ticket. I was surrounded by thousands of reds in Wembley stadium while I proudly wore my blue and shouted the house down when Lineker put us a goal up. The Mickey taking was wicked, but I never once felt threatened. And my abiding memory of that occasion is of 100,000 supporters chanting "Merseyside, Merseyside Merseyside" after the final whistle. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get back to that sort of relationship again?

Times of a bygone era am afraid.

I believe it stipulates from the players. The players back then were true sportsmen and gentlemen.

Guest rusty747

And I think we would have done the double in 86 instead of Liverpool if big Nev hadn't knackered his ankle and missed the last couple of months of the season. Bobby Mimms was ok but he was not big Nev.

Fuckin phil dowd is reffing us on Saturday. Here is a guy that loves to be the centre of attention with his arrogant manner and stupid faces he pulls because he knows he is on tv. The man is an awful referee and I can see him having a mare on Saturday

Guest blueboy122

Fuckin phil dowd is reffing us on Saturday. Here is a guy that loves to be the centre of attention with his arrogant manner and stupid faces he pulls because he knows he is on tv. The man is an awful referee and I can see him having a mare on Saturday

Is that the one Fergie called unfit.... Still makes me laugh

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if i'm not supposed to post this here but I'm in a desperate situation. I'm flying over from Ireland tomorrow with my girlfriend to go to my first ever Everton match and i got a call yesterday from my so-called 'ticket connection' that the pair of tickets that i was guaranteed, fell through. Once again, I'm sorry if I'm breaking forum rules but can ye please tell me there's a chance of getting a pair on the day. Will there be fellas outside selling them? Is this disaster of a trip completely hopeless? Thanks.

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if i'm not supposed to post this here but I'm in a desperate situation. I'm flying over from Ireland tomorrow with my girlfriend to go to my first ever Everton match and i got a call yesterday from my so-called 'ticket connection' that the pair of tickets that i was guaranteed, fell through. Once again, I'm sorry if I'm breaking forum rules but can ye please tell me there's a chance of getting a pair on the day. Will there be fellas outside selling them? Is this disaster of a trip completely hopeless? Thanks.

you could try stub-hub, but expect to be ripped off

http://www.stubhub.co.uk/everton-tickets/

Good luck!

I think the shite as very confident coming into this game, everybody I talk to on that side fancies a comfy win. I hope we come out and show them what we can do and end up joint second. We get a win and we are in a really good position to crack on